Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #15
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
If you have the NPP exhaust system, before you do anything else, try the simple and no-cost modification of pulling the fuse in the rear luggage area that controls the exhaust flapper valves. This will force the exhaust bypass open all the time. There are numerous threads on this forum discussing this mod.

If you like the sound, then leave it alone. If you want to toggle the bypass valves open / closed, then get the Forza controller. This is best one available and is inexpensive.

Many people go an extra step and get headers and high-flow cats. This increases the power as well as the sound. If you go this route, you probably will definitely want to get the Forza controller as there is likely to be times when you want to reduce the noise level. If you just do the fuse pull and add headers, you may have times when the noise level inside the car might be too much to take. This is, of course, purely subjective.

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:09 AM   #16
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
making your car uber loud is just asking for cops to pull you over nonstop. pull the fuse, enjoy it
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:13 PM   #17
ronss

Drives: 2SS CGM/GRND FX/STRIPES/CAI, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
Never tried flow master but this is the one that I am looking at see my post here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449015
thats the one i have the slp loudmouth had it since i bought my 2010 love it
Old 04-20-2016, 12:41 PM   #18
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
If you have the NPP exhaust system, before you do anything else, try the simple and no-cost modification of pulling the fuse in the rear luggage area that controls the exhaust flapper valves. This will force the exhaust bypass open all the time. There are numerous threads on this forum discussing this mod.

If you like the sound, then leave it alone. If you want to toggle the bypass valves open / closed, then get the Forza controller. This is best one available and is inexpensive.

Many people go an extra step and get headers and high-flow cats. This increases the power as well as the sound. If you go this route, you probably will definitely want to get the Forza controller as there is likely to be times when you want to reduce the noise level. If you just do the fuse pull and add headers, you may have times when the noise level inside the car might be too much to take. This is, of course, purely subjective.

Steve
+1 pull the fuse... first mod I did, and love it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote