Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #15
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
A few photos of Scott from the past few years that I have come to know him.
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #16
70rsz28

Drives: 70 rsz28,97 30th aniv conv 13 ht wh
we first met Scott at the Ontario Camaro nationals several years ago , and then at several US Camaro shows . if you did not see him for a couple of years he still remembered your name . a true gentleman ! Scott enjoy your retirement and we hope to see you at a show sometime
70rsz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:16 AM   #17
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
A couple years ago, we went to a Good Guys show, not to just see the cars, but to see Scott. We were also doing a fundraiser for the Fisher House foundation and when I mentioned to Scott what we were doing, he whipped out that blackberry, contacted his people who contacted my people with a generous donation for the raffle. It was an unexpected and appreciated random act of kindness. Not what I was expecting when I mentioned the event. I just wanted Scott to know what we were doing in our little world for our community.

The day comes for the Camaro Meet at Wally's, the fundraiser for the Fisher House Foundation. A friend of mine comes with his son. My friend is very ill. The doctors don't know what's wrong with him and tell him to get his affairs in order. Timothy loves Camaros, Timothy is also autistic. Dad tells me that Timothy is uncomfortable in crowds. Not that day. Timothy left the event with a yellow die-cast Camaro, some new friends in his pocket and a love for Camaros.
Scott heard about my friend and his situation. Scott took the time to send a very special care package to Timothy. That little guy was so ecstatic and proudly displays his prized package. Bumblebee stands guard over him every night.
Scott, I can never express my gratitude enough for what you did, not just for the helping hand but your compassion and care for a little dude that you have never met. You have made an impression on him as well.
Tim is on the mend. The doctors finally figured out what was making him so ill. Thank heavens. He's back to work and his family is doing fine.

There has been only one other man I have met in my life that has shown the same kind of virtues, compassion, sense of community, caring, patience and love, was my Dad.

I raise a glass, a toast, in celebration your retirement. It's not good bye, it's till we meet again.

The family, with our other favorite "Bee", Jayhawk.
Name:  ss.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  118.1 KB
Old 09-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #18
mjrracing97
Bumblebee1961

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Send a message via Skype™ to mjrracing97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
A couple years ago, we went to a Good Guys show, not to just see the cars, but to see Scott. We were also doing a fundraiser for the Fisher House foundation and when I mentioned to Scott what we were doing, he whipped out that blackberry, contacted his people who contacted my people with a generous donation for the raffle. It was an unexpected and appreciated random act of kindness. Not what I was expecting when I mentioned the event. I just wanted Scott to know what we were doing in our little world for our community.

The day comes for the Camaro Meet at Wally's, the fundraiser for the Fisher House Foundation. A friend of mine comes with his son. My friend is very ill. The doctors don't know what's wrong with him and tell him to get his affairs in order. Timothy loves Camaros, Timothy is also autistic. Dad tells me that Timothy is uncomfortable in crowds. Not that day. Timothy left the event with a yellow die-cast Camaro, some new friends in his pocket and a love for Camaros.
Scott heard about my friend and his situation. Scott took the time to send a very special care package to Timothy. That little guy was so ecstatic and proudly displays his prized package. Bumblebee stands guard over him every night.
Scott, I can never express my gratitude enough for what you did, not just for the helping hand but your compassion and care for a little dude that you have never met. You have made an impression on him as well.
Tim is on the mend. The doctors finally figured out what was making him so ill. Thank heavens. He's back to work and his family is doing fine.

There has been only one other man I have met in my life that has shown the same kind of virtues, compassion, sense of community, caring, patience and love, was my Dad.

I raise a glass, a toast, in celebration your retirement. It's not good bye, it's till we meet again.

The family, with our other favorite "Bee", Jayhawk.
Attachment 741608
This is why I love my Camaro family! And thank you Scott for making this possible for all of us from the youngest like my Grandson Hayden who went from Grandma and Papa's Bumblebee to calling it Hayden and Papa's Big Bee, to the oldest of us who can remember the 1st generation but as teenagers couldn't afford them. Thank you for bringing our family together. Thanks Gary and Maggie and Thank you Scott!
mjrracing97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #19
mjrracing97
Bumblebee1961

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Send a message via Skype™ to mjrracing97
Although I don't have pictures of Scott I do have pictures of one of his awesomeness exemplified as he brought both a new not yet released 2014 Camaro redesign and the prototype Z/28 from the show circuit. A rare appearance for these cars and one he insisted on for the Sturgis Camaro Rally in 2013. I did get my Camaro signed but only because one of my comrades asked him as I was totally in awe and didn't want to bother him. The shot of the black Suburban has a story behind it and as Scott told it, when he reached the airport to head out to Sturgis the rental company offered him a Ford,,,,, not our FBodFather. So glad to have met you and just want you to know that your health is important to all of us and we want you to know you will always be in our hearts and prayers. Thank you sir.
Cheers,
Jim and Myrna
Attached Images

mjrracing97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #20
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Milwaukee Auto Show, 2010. Couldn't get the entire car there in February, so...
Attached Images

chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote