Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-12-2017, 09:07 PM   #449
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Dont Sleep View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth about V6 1LE. The S550 needs to catch up to the Focus RS and the V6 1LE before we start talking about it competing with the SS.
Exactly. I think it will perform better but it's got a LONG way to go
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:27 PM   #450
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
They've never made those claims. Sources please.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
These are from some old posts. To be fair, he only said they set out to be better in all areas. He didn't actually say they achieved it.
Quote:
We already set a very high standard for Mustang driving dynamics with the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, and our goal was to go above and beyond that with the performance pack on this new car, said Pericak
We set out to create an all-new Mustang that would go, handle and stop better than any pervious Mustang, while also being an all-around better daily driver, said Pericak.

The results speak for themselves - during track testing, the 2015 Mustang with performance package consistently beat the lap times of the 2012-2013 Mustang Boss 302.
https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...nce-suspension
Autoline Daily May 3, 2013 he said they where going to lose weight while acknowledging the high level of standard features and options that were in the weight model. (i.e. accounted for)
Quote:
A.L. I love what your saying about pulling a bunch of weight out of the car

D.P. Yeah. We are definitely going on a crusade to do that. Now how much can we get? I don't know , we're still looking at it. But I think 200 lbs is within our reach.

A.L. Look. All the domestics have a weight problem.

D.P. Yeah

A.L. There is a huge opportunity across the board for GM, Ford and Chrysler to take a lot of weight out.

D.P. There is. Yeah, I mean there are. I problem though is its funny, everybody... We love our creature features here in the States right? So the more you add things as standard features it just adds into your weight model

http://www.examiner.com/article/chief-ford-mustang-engineer-lied-about-weight-reduction-on-2015-ford-mustang
I hope it works out for you guys this time.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:29 PM   #451
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol4rfl4re View Post
Do Shelby's gain decent power from cams? Never looked into it.
Dont know about Shelby's, but a cam is not worth it, for the cost and time versus the gains on the Coyote. Thats why they go FI most of thr time. Doesnt mean they are not fast N/A, its just not anywhere close to LS for hp gains for a cam swap. And lately the low lash solid roller stuff is pretty radical on LS too and streetable

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #452
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Why are you so furious? Maybe you want to read that I have buyer's remorse because Mustang >>>>>> Camaro. Well if it makes you happy, I have buyer's remorse because Mustang >>>>>> Camaro. Bwahaha. Cheer up.
I seem furious to you?
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #453
Sol4rfl4re
Banned

Drives: Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
Dont know about Shelby's, but a cam is not worth it, for the cost and time versus the gains on the Coyote. Thats why they go FI most of thr time. Doesnt mean they are not fast N/A, its just not anywhere close to LS for hp gains for a cam swap. And lately the low lash solid roller stuff is pretty radical on LS too and streetable
Coyotes do gain power from cams. Just pricey, you can make about 20whp with just intake cams, all 4 cams you make a bit more. But as mentioned you're buying multiple cams. And labor is pricey if you have it done.
Sol4rfl4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:48 PM   #454
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
So when will we start seeing magazine road tests comparing the GT to SS?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #455
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Wow, half this thread looks like the comments section on Facebook. I just stopped in to look at some of the info for the new mustang. I actually looked at a 2013 mustang before I bought my 2013 camaro and went chevy. 67 Shelby GT500 is probably the best looking sports car ever made, absolutely adore that car. Loved the mustang refresh and love the new ones, they look solid if not a little too much like a sedan. But I didn't even consider a mustang this time around, I went with a 17 camaro. When Chevy first reintroduced the camaro I fell in love with camaro all over. Both cars are amazing and doing great things, the power in them is just insane anymore. Glad ford stepped it up so chevy continues to do the same.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote