Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #127
KahunaSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I am not familiar with the automatic. I took one around the block before I bought my LS3. But from reading on this forum, and the manual, they do start in 2nd. I would think that flat footing it would cause it to go to first, but I don't know.

So yes. Put the car in M. Stop and observe the DIC. Does it display M1 or M2? If M2 use the left paddle to downshift so the DIC displays M1.

Your Camaro should hit 35 MPH (display 40) when redlined. Tap the right paddle to upshift.

You don't need a lot of throttle for this, remember you are still breaking in the gear.
ok guys tomorrow when i leave i will shift into first and see if feel a difference.. its gonna be awesome . i guess i should stop trying to burn tires at every stop,
KahunaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:32 AM   #128
KahunaSS

Quote:
So...

???
i tried it and my car takes off in first.. seems the same.. besides i can shift when i want.. i thing my tires are whats keeping them from spinning a lot. but the car does move and i do feel a difference in torque from changing the gears rears..i even put the ported TB from vmax in.. i bought a hyper tech speedometer odometer calibrator.. it also has the ability to do some tunes but i hear their tunes are pretty crappy so I'm just gonna use it for the speedometer calibration.. i also save myself 450 bucks because the flow masters didn't fit right because i have a ground effects kit and didn't take it into consideration when i bought it so the shop have already cut one muffler off and they found out it would fit.. it was off by a few inches,, so they said the can do straight back pipes for 100. so i said go for it,, it sounds great. they did a 2014 earlier in the week, the ported TB didn't seem to make a difference ...maybe i need a tune to get some solid results,
Old 08-03-2014, 02:58 AM   #129
Tuurtje
"Something else"

Drives: '10 yellow Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
It isn't that hard to do a burnout I don't know why these threads keep coming up. Turn off traction control............foot on the brake.....give it gas hard enough to break the tires loose.........regulate the tire spin and that's how you do a burnout.
Practice makes perfect.

This is my old Firebird. Less power than the Camaro and it's an auto. It's not hard just don't be afraid to give it some more gas to break the tires.

Click for vid.

http://s264.photobucket.com/user/arh...ml?sort=6&o=14
Tuurtje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #130
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
some slow masters are supposed to make the exhaust restricted anyway...... you should have checked for opinions on here first beforehand.... And if you go to a shop to get the speedo recalibrated that has a good tuner it could change many parameters in the trans and torque management if you wanted.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #131
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
some slow masters are supposed to make the exhaust restricted anyway...... you should have checked for opinions on here first beforehand.... And if you go to a shop to get the speedo recalibrated that has a good tuner it could change many parameters in the trans and torque management if you wanted.
i went to every shop ovally and nobody does recalibration or tunes. i feel like i live in the country where my neighbor lives 30 mins away...... i know ordering a cheap mail order crap tuner is a waste but all i want it for is to adjust the speedometer.. its the only one that i said it would calibrate it,,, and the "slow masters" ( lol) i bought were the new ones that are basically straight pipes.. not that big ass boxy ones..,, i would like to know of ant shops that would calibrate my speedometer instead of doing it with this cheapy computer,,
Old 08-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #132
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurtje View Post
Practice makes perfect.

This is my old Firebird. Less power than the Camaro and it's an auto. It's not hard just don't be afraid to give it some more gas to break the tires.

Click for vid.

http://s264.photobucket.com/user/arh...ml?sort=6&o=14
i slammed that gas hard before the gears in the rear were put in.. i been taking it easy until i break the in..i was trying to see if maybe something was holding the car back but i have changed parts done fuse pulls done a lot i think and still seems like it should be faster,
Old 08-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #133
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaSS View Post
i slammed that gas hard before the gears in the rear were put in.. i been taking it easy until i break the in..i was trying to see if maybe something was holding the car back but i have changed parts done fuse pulls done a lot i think and still seems like it should be faster,
don't get me wrong its fast,,,
Old 08-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #134
tnt1501
tin man

Drives: proud owner of 2012 hennessey 600
tuned

I've had 3 cars tuned one an 08 vette with mods dealer covered everything including rear main leak. I now have Hennessey 600 with full warranty and tune. 100 mile extra warranty also from Chevrolet. If you tune the car it comes alive!!!! Shifts harder better faster. HP tuner can change 1900 different settings. I hear east coast does a great job. It will be like a new car. Because if they wanna be dicks the headers can void warranty.
Just my .02$
tnt1501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #135
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt1501 View Post
I've had 3 cars tuned one an 08 vette with mods dealer covered everything including rear main leak. I now have Hennessey 600 with full warranty and tune. 100 mile extra warranty also from Chevrolet. If you tune the car it comes alive!!!! Shifts harder better faster. HP tuner can change 1900 different settings. I hear east coast does a great job. It will be like a new car. Because if they wanna be dicks the headers can void warranty.
Just my .02$
i have a boy at the dealers he says he got me but I'm still a little iffy... i been looking for somebody to tune my gears/speedometer but nobody around here does it.. so i finally broke down and bought a hyper tech max tuner .. i was scared but i followed the instructions and it worked great.. speedo is right on the money.. it has a lot of other features but i don't want to use them.. or should i say scared to use em... lol
Old 08-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #136
KahunaSS

Quote:
So...

???
just wanted to let you know i just test drove my car and it now is driving like it should, I can feel POWERRRR.. It spins tires no problem,. now my problem is i can't stop myself from punching the gas at every stop i come to... i bought a hyper tech computer to adjust my gears and it worked perfect! It was right on the money. tested it with my gps and it did the job.. It has other features but i don't want to use them, I figure why **** with the other crap if its running good. Its a hyper tech Max.. I thought i would give it a shot and it worked..dispite some of the critics on here it worked for me.. It even gave e a trouble code before the light came on and it was the vacuum line to my CAI.. I forgot to put it back on when i put on my ported TB from VMAX... Im happy with the way its driving.. ( for now) lol,,, I have a rear differential for sale if you know anyone. It has the stock 3.27's in it .. its from a 2013 camaro with 3500 miles.. I will keep it laying around in its plastic in case i need it.. but I'm asking 850 for it.. But thanks for all your input.. if you have any other suggestions inbox me and let me know what you found new,,,

Tags
wrong subforum