Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Like or Dislike the refresh
like 583 38.23%
dislike 942 61.77%
Voters: 1525. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #1457
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Slam the 427ci in there!

That extractor needs to be painted car color. Makes more sense than the non-funtional mailslot.

This appears to be the SS/RS.... now, lets see the ZL1 or Z-28.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #1458
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
I think they forced it cause of the new design vette, new ss model, and few more refreshes hitting this year from gm. The vette is nasty, striking and grabs your attention, I would have thought that they would have went this direction with the camaro. There is nothing about this refresh that grabs your attention and makes a statement. Hopefully they will get drastic and step it up for the 6 when it comes. Cause im not seeing anyone turning there heads and saying wooo for this.

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #1459
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrohan07 View Post
Why not keep the original tail lights but make them real sequential leds with smoked lenses and the Euro Model like the pictures. Do Europeans like this style or are they forced by some law?
I don't think many of us like the LED style lights, to be honest, but for EU markets there are indeed certain laws.

Orange indicators are required in some countries, same as orange side markers for any vehicle smaller than 2 meter (about 79 inches).

Rear fog lights are required, and since 2012 separate rear reflectors that don't sit any higher than 40cm (15,7") from the ground up.

The ridiculously big EU style "dumbo" mirrors we have to thank to a law stating that the glass surface needs to be x% of total surface of the car.

And yes, cars do require towing hooks here in EU, that's why the EU version has the square thingies back and front in the bumpers.
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #1460
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Big seller for GM? Not so sure about that. I think the refresh won't be able to make GM go for a 4th or 5th straight year in the Muscle car battle.
well we shall see... these guys are smarter than what most give 'em credit for... this car will put people in camaro that never considered it before...
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #1461
jrohan07

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Supercharged SLP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
I don't think many of us like the LED style lights, to be honest, but for EU markets there are indeed certain laws.

Orange indicators are required in some countries, same as orange side markers for any vehicle smaller than 2 meter (about 79 inches).

Rear fog lights are required, and since 2012 separate rear reflectors that don't sit any higher than 40cm (15,7") from the ground up.

The ridiculously big EU style "dumbo" mirrors we have to thank to a law stating that the glass surface needs to be x% of total surface of the car.

And yes, cars do require towing hooks here in EU, that's why the EU version has the square thingies back and front in the bumpers.
Thanks for that information. Wow we in the US have it good then. Do any American cars or old muscle cars have to have all that to drive on the street?
jrohan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #1462
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Please do not spin my comment. Paraphrasing: You stated that there were GM marketing types laughing at everyone here because this whole Live with Kelly and Micheal is some kind of clever distraction.

Not only do I think that is absurd and arrogant but I doubt that John would comp 50 enthusiasts to be GM's guests for the big reveal only to do some "clever" distraction a day before. Today was either a last minute opportunity or a mistake.
Agreed but don't spin mine either. I never intended to imply they were laughing AT anyone. Just laughing at the attention. Keep in mind this website is far from the only barrometer GM will use to judge the impact of yesterday's showing.

I'm sure they were given the opportunity. I'm not sure why you would call it absurd that they took advantage of it let alone call anyone at GM an idiot for doing it.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #1463
SWAG1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
Slam the 427ci in there!

That extractor needs to be painted car color. Makes more sense than the non-funtional mailslot.

This appears to be the SS/RS.... now, lets see the ZL1 or Z-28.
Shoot i'd drive a Yaris if it had an LS7 in it!

Looking forward to a possible Z-28 however, I seriously think that would be introduced for the 2nd or 3rd year 6th gen. The way I understand the history abd build cycle (as tradition goes) the change would be the basic coupe....followed by a convertible the following year...then a performance model in 2016 (Z-28). I dunno...we shall see shortly!!!!
SWAG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #1464
jklipan

Drives: Druid 2SS/RS LS3 Summit White
The taillights don't do anyting for this car. They don't seem to go well with the style of the rear facia. GM, you need to rethink this before production starts.
jklipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #1465
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoWake View Post
fbodfather kept posting... "this'll go down like the :not the real head lights:

I hope he meant " not the real tail lights, and hood"

ha ha hah ha
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #1466
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I like the front end, looks more sleek and aggressive to me.

That back end is terrible. Just awful, To me it joins the family of recent GM cars with terrible back ends, Malibu, C7 adn now 2014 Camaro
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #1467
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
I like the front,just not sure about the back,?
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #1468
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Someone made a REALLY REALLY good point about the licence plate area looking like it came from the euro version...and those do look similar to the Euro spec taillights. So with that being said i will retract all my previous hate until...2 hours... and counting
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #1469
ZR1/2SS

Drives: 2002 CETA
I wish we could see more of the interior to decide but I like everything about it except the heat extractor on the hood ! I hope the ZL1 version still retains the old hood.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #1470
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
What would be funny is when the V6's are shown and if it looks better than the SS what the reaction will be.