Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-15-2017, 12:32 PM   #15
Fury

Drives: 2016 Chevy camaro
Finally got a date. Should be picking it up this Friday. The body shop is actually at the dealership. And I've been locating my car with the onstar app. making sure it's where it's suppose to be and if there's any added mileage. So far it's been just sitting in the same spot. I am now hoping that when I see the car Friday. It will be perfect. If not. I will make them do it again. And this time make sure it doesn't take as long. Maybe find my own shop.
Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:38 PM   #16
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Here's what's going on, and no it doesn't take that long to actually do it. However, yours is a warranty claim, so it's not real high on the priority list. GM will always be their customer. Their high priority jobs are the insurance claim jobs. Body shops get most of their revenue from insurance companies, so maintaining these relationships is their top priority, and turn around time is a major factor in keeping insurance customers happy.

Honestly, I do not know you're situation exactly, but this is typically how it works. There is a good possibility that there is a part, paint match, technical situation going on with your car that creating the delay, however, they should be updating you on this.

So now you have a choice to make. Turn up the heat, go to the body shop manager, or better yet the dealership general manager. This should move you off the back burner, as the dealership doesn't want to lose you as a customer, or get a bad CSI. However, in doing so, you run the risk of them doing a 'rush job' on you.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:52 PM   #17
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
You are so far off on your times. Unless that is per panel.

To the OP, 30 days is close giver or take.
I agree, I would expect about a month. You'd be screwed if they had given the car back to you in 3 days.
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:02 PM   #18
gw6211

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmokez View Post
No, it does not take that long. Few hours for R+I maybe 2 hours , Then prep max 4 to 6 hours. Paint 1.5.
Then give say 1 hour to wet sand and quick polish of dust spots and maybe a run. Then give it to wash bay dude, 10 minute.
So , 1 month? lol your getting screwed

This is the time it actual time, they will probably pay the shop to get this done. Now, flat rate guy working it, will prep that vehicle in 2 hours. That car would be done in 1 day max. So no idea why i would take another 29 days lol of being backed up? sounds like BS.
guess you work as a garbage man because you certainly know nothing about the automotive paint industry.
gw6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:30 PM   #19
Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Here's what's going on, and no it doesn't take that long to actually do it. However, yours is a warranty claim, so it's not real high on the priority list. GM will always be their customer. Their high priority jobs are the insurance claim jobs. Body shops get most of their revenue from insurance companies, so maintaining these relationships is their top priority, and turn around time is a major factor in keeping insurance customers happy.

Honestly, I do not know you're situation exactly, but this is typically how it works. There is a good possibility that there is a part, paint match, technical situation going on with your car that creating the delay, however, they should be updating you on this.

So now you have a choice to make. Turn up the heat, go to the body shop manager, or better yet the dealership general manager. This should move you off the back burner, as the dealership doesn't want to lose you as a customer, or get a bad CSI. However, in doing so, you run the risk of them doing a 'rush job' on you.

This is why I didn't want to bother them. For the amount of time they had the car. I only texted or called the service advisor 3 times. I want the car to come back to me perfect. And I know a rush paint job will be bad. Crossing my fingers that the wait will be worth it. And hoping that they were just backed up.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:36 PM   #20
Fury

There suppose to be done by Friday. So let's see what happens. I'm scared that it will come out bad and then I would have to wait even longer for them to redo it.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #21
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
There suppose to be done by Friday. So let's see what happens. I'm scared that it will come out bad and then I would have to wait even longer for them to redo it.
Good luck pulling for you on Friday and hope they do a good job.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #22
Fury

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Good luck pulling for you on Friday and hope they do a good job.
Thanks!
Old 08-15-2017, 04:45 PM   #23
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
You were right to be patient with occasional updates, due to this being warranty claim. If it does not come back to your satisfaction and needs to be done, now you have the right to put some pressure on them because it is on them to make it right. I used to work in a dealership body shop what seems like a lifetime ago, and I remember the flat rate really sucked. If it was quoted 10 hrs to do a job, and it took you 20 (or you had to re-do it) you still only got paid for 10 hrs. So it is in their best interest to get it right the first time.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:50 PM   #24
Fury

Guess what guys? The dealership of course isn't done. They left me hanging all day after calling them 2 times. And plenty of texts. Now the car will be done Monday. Maybe. I am for sure going to go talk to the general manager about this when I get it. I dropped my car off July 18th. And maybe will be getting it back August 21st! That's way too long. I am for sure going to give them hell. Wasted so many days waiting for a "call" that I never receive.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:07 PM   #25
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
this is about par for the course for any service work done at a dealership. they overbook their service department and basically never turn anyone away because once they have your car it's unlikely you'll take it elsewhere.

Good thing we have laws to protect their business model.

At least their service people aren't taking your car on joyrides while it sits in their lot. So there's that upside to taking it to some even less reputable places.

though, the battery is probably long dead.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #26
LtColumbo

Drives: 2017 1LT RS V6 A8, 2020 Fusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemo View Post
I agree, I would expect about a month. You'd be screwed if they had given the car back to you in 3 days.

I had a 4-door sedan painted under warranty and it took a month. The removed all the trim, bumpers, door handles, etc. Did it right and it showed! 10 years later it looked much better than any other car same brand/model/year.
LtColumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #27
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Getting a car painted at a dealership takes a LONG time. Unless the paint blemish REALLY bothers you, or you cant fix it yourself with touchup paint, think twice about getting it corrected. It just takes so long and sometimes they don't even do a good job. Sometimes that one spot that bothers you is better off left alone or buffed and touched up.

Last edited by NightSkyCode; 08-18-2017 at 09:22 PM.
NightSkyCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:15 PM   #28
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Why the heck did you take delivery of the car in the first place.Man they must have given you a bullshit story and you suckered in to it.
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote