Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-11-2017, 08:15 PM   #29
argus

Drives: 18 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT Duramax
Had a Covercraft for the wife's previous ride (Accord Coupe). They're super nice, but she doesn't like clutter while driving. Took a chance and bought her these, and they fit her vert perfectly. Of course they fold into a small circle and tuck away nicely, out of sight, between the seat and console. She loves them.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #30
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I contacted Covercraft a little while back to find out if the sunshade for the coupe fit the convertible, and they said yes. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Covercraft sunshade recently. I purchased it from Autopia Carcare. Their regular price is cheaper than buying directly from Covercraft, and it was on sale for 15% off. Shipping was also cheaper. It arrived today. The quality seems very good. However, I would disagree that the fit is perfect. Most of the pictures and videos on the Covercraft web site show that the sunshade fits inside the windshield opening and is pressed against the inside of the windshield from side to side and top to bottom. However, the one for the 6th Gen Camaro is too tall and hits the upper windshield frame about 1 inch from the visor hinges, and, therefore, doesn't allow it to fit inside the windshield opening. I got it to fit similar to the way SSport16 has his shown, but I was able to wedge it in tighter at the bottom so that it presses against the inside of the windshield at the bottom only. Not sure if I'll get a chance to test it out over the weekend, but definitely on Monday.
Must be a different fit for the covertible, or you received a defective manufactured shade.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:11 PM   #31
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Coming soon.

http://www.chevymall.com/Camaro-Six-...uctinfo/AJ753/

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #32
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
For $100? Ya no thanks.

Get a heat shield brand for $50 or covercraft for $55
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:49 AM   #33
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Saw this the other day, that is the one I wanted when I bought my Covercraft but it was not available back then. This is a Covercraft one, just has Camaro logo on it. Covercraft will have these cheaper.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:49 AM   #34
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
I use the type that folds into a circle for storage. It's a two-piece set, with each rectangle fitting half of the windshield. Very easy to open and they kind of snap into place and are held there by the edges of the windshield and the back of the rear view mirror.

For me, there's nothing more annoying than wrestling with a big accordion-style piece of cardboard or trying to roll up a wide, single-piece screen in a tight cabin! With mine, they're in and out in seconds and when folded down into a circle, stow easily between the seat and center console or neatly into the pocket behind the passenger seat.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #35
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
I also found the fitting tight at first due to the size of the window. You have to get the outer edges in position first and then ease it back and up. This sunscreen is a perfect fit and looks amazing in blue. I definitely recommend.

I have no issues with how to install it. Are you saying that yours presses against the windshield from top to bottom, that the top windshield frame doesn't prevent it from fitting completely within the frame?

BTW, I did purchase the blue one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Must be a different fit for the covertible, or you received a defective manufactured shade.
As stated in my first post in this thread, at that time, I only found two different windshield PNs, one for with HUD and one for without HUD. Checking again today, there are convertible specific windshields. So it's entirely possible that the convertible windshield is a bit shorter than the coupe windshield. If the sunshade were ~1" shorter, it would probably get past the upper windshield frame. Would you mind measuring the height of your windshield? The convertible windshield, at the center of the windshield, from the black edge at the bottom to the black edge at the top is ~22".
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote