Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Recaro seats

So, I'm finally coming back to the world of Camaro! I'm going to order a '14 2SS 1LE very soon. The only thing I'm still not quite sure of is whether or not to order the Recaro seats. They certainly look sweet, and I would like to take the car to the track every so often, which of course, those seats are made for. But it is an $1800 option (I'm expecting invoice), which would be a noticeable increase in the car payment.

Has anyone sat in them, or at least have any idea how comfortable they would be compared to the standard seats? I read a recent review of the C7 Corvette, and the author mentioned the two seat options for it, saying that the racing seat options wouldn't be nearly as comfortable on long trips. My Camaro would also be my daily driver/road trip car, so that would be important to me as well. Thanks for any input, and I'm glad to be back!

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
2Devious

Drives: 2013 SIM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE NPP NAV
Check out this thread with someones review after a track day:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308953

"If you look at the first picture, you can see that I'm bracing myself in the corners with my arm because the stock seats are not up to the task of hard cornering. My friend was giving me a hard time, because I was often driving 1-handed due to this. I didn't even realize it. The stock seats are very comfortable around town, but I think Chevy was wise by offering Recaros in 2014 models for such a track-focused model. I will be upgrading my seats soon."

I had Recaros in my Evo and loved them. Granted they arent the same as will be in the 2014s. They were plenty comfortable.

If they had been offered as an option in the 2013 1LE I would have made it a priority to get them.

My opinion: If you plan to hit the track get the Recaro option.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
nut busters getting in and out.... just sayin
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
So, I'm finally coming back to the world of Camaro! I'm going to order a '14 2SS 1LE very soon. The only thing I'm still not quite sure of is whether or not to order the Recaro seats. They certainly look sweet, and I would like to take the car to the track every so often, which of course, those seats are made for. But it is an $1800 option (I'm expecting invoice), which would be a noticeable increase in the car payment.

Has anyone sat in them, or at least have any idea how comfortable they would be compared to the standard seats? I read a recent review of the C7 Corvette, and the author mentioned the two seat options for it, saying that the racing seat options wouldn't be nearly as comfortable on long trips. My Camaro would also be my daily driver/road trip car, so that would be important to me as well. Thanks for any input, and I'm glad to be back!
This is very exciting news Optimus Prime! Congrats on being a soon to be 14 2SS Camaro owner! In regards to the Recaro seats. I think you should consider taking a test drive to get a feel for them yourself. If you agree, I'm sure we can find one for this year and get you in for a visit. Private message me with your full name, address and phone number and I will help set that up for you.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Stock seats will not hold u in at all. I will up grade to some seats soon
Old 07-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Every car I've sat in with Recaros are fine.

However, if you're one of the -ahem- bigger members, then perhaps they aren't for you.

My advice would be order the Recaros and if you don't like them, I guarantee someone on here will be willing to do a swap with you.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping a dealership nearby will get a Camaro with the seats in soon so I can just sit in them myself. I'm not a huge guy (6'00", 210 lbs), but fairly tall, and broad shoulders, so I always felt like the base seats held me in pretty well. And like I said, I want to also be comfortable on long trips, but the Recaro option is very tempting, and I LOVE the suede inserts in my buddy's ZL1, which I know come with the Recaros as well.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
Stock seats will not hold u in at all. I will up grade to some seats soon
My seats are stock and im completly glued to my seat

dont get me wrong, i want those Recaros so bad i cant stand it,but for those of us who cant afford them right now,there is another way.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #9
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Look at it this way, how much time will you spend in the car at the track vs. how much time will you spend in the car on road trips, daily drives, etc.

Buy the seats that will have the most comfort for the majority of what you will be driving the car for.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
wkid1le

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
Look at it this way, how much time will you spend in the car at the track vs. how much time will you spend in the car on road trips, daily drives, etc.

Buy the seats that will have the most comfort for the majority of what you will be driving the car for.
Ditto
wkid1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I am worried about how wide a person will fit in the Recaros. I would be very weary of purchasing a car that I had never sat in the seat....at least with my wideness.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote