Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Unhappy PlastiDip Withstands Accident!!

Scenario dropping my girlfriend off at the train station. Lady waving at her friend to pick her up not paying attention pulls out of her parking space and clips my entire rear quarter panel, damages my back rim, and rear bumper. But hey atleast the dip held up lol not so cheap after all for all the nay sayers. Vinyl wrap would have been toast and stock paint would have been trashed too.

Can yall give me an estimate on this damage. I should be able to get the insurance company to reimburse me for a new dip job since it is a specialty coating right ? Entire car needs to be repaint because its a custom color and cant be color matched. Car needs to be stripped and stock color repainted. I was just about to give my baby a bath for the weekend too smh. Its more an inconvenience then anything.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
If its a custom color, wouldn't they or you save the formula for that color??
Old 06-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Insurance won't pay to repaint/re-plasti-dip the car. They'll only pay for what it costs to repair the damaged area.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Abstrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
If its a custom color, wouldn't they or you save the formula for that color??
I actually have the blend in powder form hard to tell if it will color match as it dries lighter and fades a miniscule amount

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Insurance won't pay to repaint/re-plasti-dip the car. They'll only pay for what it costs to repair the damaged area.
Damn that sucks! even if I had a custom traditional paint with flames and stuff they wouldnt pay to for the repaint? Insurance only covers taking the vehicle back to stock? because the wheel is damaged as well so their has to be some leeway there.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
I actually have the blend in powder form hard to tell if it will color match as it dries lighter and fades a miniscule amount

Damn that sucks! even if I had a custom traditional paint with flames and stuff they wouldnt pay to for the repaint? Insurance only covers taking the vehicle back to stock? because the wheel is damaged as well so their has to be some leeway there.
Not exactly. Say you had flames going down the side of the car. Insurance would pay to have the flames repainted on the area that got damaged. They wouldn't pay to have the whole flame job repainted.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
Abstrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Not exactly. Say you had flames going down the side of the car. Insurance would pay to have the flames repainted on the area that got damaged. They wouldn't pay to have the whole flame job repainted.
Oh ok yea I see what you are saying hmph, Hopefully the adjuster works with me. Maybe I can negotiate with them once they come out.