Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-24-2023, 11:23 AM   #281
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
It’s actually very easy to track on the internet.
Nice Overton Window effect. Get exposed to 9% inflation and then 6% becomes acceptable. Same with fuel prices. After seeing $6 gal now $4 gal is a deal.
Maybe if the "geniuses" at gm can bring back the Camaro as a hybrid similar to the Vette it would make the transition a bit more tolerable.
Old 03-24-2023, 11:28 AM   #282
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Totally agree. That’s where I think my 3rd bullet kicks in hard. There are a lot of things that EVs do better than ICE and as more people become exposed to those things because their neighbors and coworkers and relatives drive EVs, the scales will tip. We forecast that happening in the 2026-27 timeframe when there are EVs available in pretty much every form of passenger vehicle that ICE is available in and people don’t get left out because “EVs are too expensive”.
It will be interesting to see at the time goes on... I currently have no plans to buy EV even if Chevy made a kick ass EV Camaro. I'm the perfect candidate for an EV also. Live in town, drive 1.5 miles to work, don't take long road trips... etc... etc... That being said, I'll keep my gas guzzling ICE Tahoe and Camaro. They are both paid off...
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:50 AM   #283
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Nice Overton Window effect. Get exposed to 9% inflation and then 6% becomes acceptable. Same with fuel prices. After seeing $6 gal now $4 gal is a deal.
Maybe if the "geniuses" at gm can bring back the Camaro as a hybrid similar to the Vette it would make the transition a bit more tolerable.
Nobody said anything about acceptable. You said that inflation wasn’t going down. Information you could have found in 4 seconds like I did shows that it is indeed going down. Question asked and answered. If you want to have a discussion about what inflation rates are acceptable, start another thread.

Back on topic…(almost). The primary reasons Corvette survived as a hybrid (two hybrids, there’s another coming) is that the program was already so far along in development when GM decided to go all EV it made no sense to cancel the hybrid program and flush the investment. That and the fact that the hybrid system is needed to reach the power levels required for E-Ray and the other one that is yet to come.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 12:44 PM   #284
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Back on topic…(almost). The primary reasons Corvette survived as a hybrid (two hybrids, there’s another coming) is that the program was already so far along in development when GM decided to go all EV it made no sense to cancel the hybrid program and flush the investment. That and the fact that the hybrid system is needed to reach the power levels required for E-Ray and the other one that is yet to come.
I wish the corvette e ray was a higher volume seller. That would show GM that hybrids would have been an excellent way to transition to EV only. I’m not against EV’s as a daily driver, I just need to see EV batteries last 160k+ miles/14 years old before replacement. I also need to see them cost the same as reconditioning a Prius battery (roughly 2k) before I can buy one as a daily. I just feel GM is moving too fast in the EV only direction. Hybrids can be cool (e-ray, exotic hybrids) but of course the price will be much higher than an ice equivalent sports car.

No matter what I don’t see myself getting an ev sports car. It’s just not the same without the noise and top end pull. I know this doesn’t matter to manufacturers as very little people buy sporty cars anymore.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 01:07 PM   #285
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
As they say reading is fundamental. Every other sports car has it at this point. It's also my DD as mentioned so yeah I'd like Adaptive for travel. Can't put power down or use a sports car in super awesome Interstate congestion and adaptive sure is useful there.
And that’s where the new Mustang comes in, fully optioned out it has Ford’s Blue Cruise which is exactly what you’re wishing for.

Nothing against Ford, they’ve successfully upgraded their engine and tech to current times. Something we’re not going to see until whatever replacement comes.

Those Mustang numbers are going to start creeping up more than ever now with most people seeing the Camaro styling in the 2024 as well as the newer features introduced. Without 1/3 of the trifecta in place and the other 1/3 leaving the ICE route next year, Mustang will be eating good for the foreseeable future (but really, when are they not )
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 03:20 PM   #286
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Such a shame. Can't blame it all on the refresh but we can sure as hell blame it on the beaurocrats that want everything to be electric, even though it's worse for the environment. I feel like there's a lot less hope it will return in its proper form than back in 2002 when we went through this before. Gonna miss you Camaro!
Old 03-24-2023, 03:57 PM   #287
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Nobody said anything about acceptable. You said that inflation wasn’t going down. Information you could have found in 4 seconds like I did shows that it is indeed going down. Question asked and answered. If you want to have a discussion about what inflation rates are acceptable, start another thread.

I'm guessing that the next ZR1 (or whatever they decide to call it) will likely be a hybrid, possibly with the LT6 from the Z06 along with the electric motors from the E-Ray. That could be an 800 to 900 hp awd monster.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 04:12 PM   #288
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
I'm guessing that the next ZR1 (or whatever they decide to call it) will likely be a hybrid, possibly with the LT6 from the Z06 along with the electric motors from the E-Ray. That could be an 800 to 900 hp awd monster.
Zora is what it will be called.

I believe the rumor is twin turbo LT6 hybrid 1000 hp
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 04:57 PM   #289
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Such a shame. Can't blame it all on the refresh but we can sure as hell blame it on the beaurocrats that want everything to be electric, even though it's worse for the environment. I feel like there's a lot less hope it will return in its proper form than back in 2002 when we went through this before. Gonna miss you Camaro!
actually i felt less hope then because they weren't even bulding rear drive cars, but style is everything to me and i lost faith in Chevrolet with what they did 5 yeas ago.
Old 03-24-2023, 05:23 PM   #290
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
Zora is what it will be called.

I believe the rumor is twin turbo LT6 hybrid 1000 hp
Remember when this story first broke before the C8 introduction?

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/20...breaks-itself/
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 06:15 PM   #291
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Totally agree. That’s where I think my 3rd bullet kicks in hard. There are a lot of things that EVs do better than ICE and as more people become exposed to those things because their neighbors and coworkers and relatives drive EVs, the scales will tip. We forecast that happening in the 2026-27 timeframe when there are EVs available in pretty much every form of passenger vehicle that ICE is available in and people don’t get left out because “EVs are too expensive”.

Only thing that will probably remain as ICE for a long while are the pickup trucks. Ram CEO said there is no end date for ICE for them and Ford hasn't reignited as far as we know since they said they dropped. I do expect to see all passenger cars Honda civic sized be the most common EV by 2035. I don't think we will hit what California wants with a Full EV scope of new vehicle sales by 2035 though.

I also think the recession we are in or are going to be in will affect things as well. I have been aggressively increased what I have been throwing in savings lately. The signs are there. The bubble is starting to burst.
Devstrike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 07:58 PM   #292
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithSan View Post
Now I'm torn. I have a 2023 that's been on order since September 2022 and it hasn't even started being built yet so who knows if I'm even going to get that one anytime soon. The dealership told me last week, "expect a long delay". I'm wondering if it's better to cancel that one and then just get a 2024 when it comes out or most likely have to order that one too. Decisions, decisions.
If your '23 order doesn't get built your order may be moved automatically into the '24 model, ask your dealer to be sure, best of luck.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:08 PM   #293
Big Lou 1le

Drives: 2023 1le
Pretty sure if your 23 order does not get picked the dealer will have to resubmit again for a 24.
Big Lou 1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:58 PM   #294
PMCamaro

Drives: 22 ZL1
Wish there was a way to exclude all post with EV in them...