Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-22-2014, 11:31 AM   #57
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDcarnut View Post
If you have a job that you need to get to, as in you are required to report to duty even in inclement weather, the Camaro is not the vehicle you should be relying on. Having said that, I have found no issue with driving it in snow on the factory tires. I assume that those that call it "useless" or "terrible" with the factory tires are simply not very good at driving in those conditions.
1) If you put snow tires on it, it is really reliable. Its been the most reliable car I've own during winter as I've never gotten stuck. On my older cars, I'd carry a shovel.
BTW: Careful of "winter beater" is defined. You don't want to drive a busted up car during the worst time of the year when you need reliability.

2) Guess it depends on the factory tire. If you have Pirelli's don't even think about it taking it out in snow. If you have all-season tires, you should be ok as mentioned by MDcarnut.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #58
papawattz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS +2014 El Tigre
Talking Get a Snowmobile!

Arctic cat
Attached Images

papawattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #59
delongboy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
How can you tell what kind of tires currently are on your car? I just bought the car with 38k miles on it and the dealer put new tires on the rear. How would I know if they are all season or just summer tires?
delongboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #60
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongono93 View Post
So I just got my camaro and im in Indiana. I dont know if anyone knows anything about this place but in the winter it snows alot! Any types on what to do when thw snow is higher then my vary low set car?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
stay inside, make babies.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #61
Melkor

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS w/1le Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDcarnut View Post
If you have a job that you need to get to, as in you are required to report to duty even in inclement weather, the Camaro is not the vehicle you should be relying on. Having said that, I have found no issue with driving it in snow on the factory tires. I assume that those that call it "useless" or "terrible" with the factory tires are simply not very good at driving in those conditions.
1) All weather tires will make it fine. Many people have rear wheel drive muscle up here in the winter. Just can't drive like an idiot. Now even last year there were a couple days that my office shut down because of weather so it wasn't an issue.

2) Uhhhh... you mean the factory tires that crack and die below 32 degrees? I'd call that pretty f*&^ing useless.