Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
Will there be more women that buy a 6th gen compared to a 5th gen?

My theory for more women buying a 6th gen Camaro is the possibility and most likely turbo 4 cylinder engine. They can get a car with great fuel economy and performance for a low price. They also get the added bonus of good styling that is non existent from most cars they buy (corolla, camry, etc). Now for most men, they'll chose the V8 at least I would haha. Your opinions?
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Does anyone know the gender breakdown of 5th gen buyers? I see a fair amount of women driving the cars now, so it's not as if it's totally a 'guy' car right now.

Knowing as little as we do about the 6th gen car, it's very hard to predict whether there will be more, less or a similar number of female buyers. I'm not sure that a turbo-4 is going be as much of a factor as you might think. Not to sound sexist, but the hard truth is that a lot of women don't know or care what kind of mill is in their car, and I'm skeptical that fuel economy would be that much better than the V6.

At this point, styling is the biggest wildcard for the 6th gen. My guess is that whether the new car moves the needle in terms of more women buyers will depend a lot on how much the styling appeals to women. If it looks very similar to the current car, I'd expect similar sales to women. If the design is more aggressive, I'd expect few female buyers. If it's 'softer' or more 'European,' then maybe we'll see more female buyers. In general, it seems like the more 'boy racer' a car is, the less it appeals to women.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #3
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
My theory for more women buying a 6th gen Camaro is the possibility and most likely turbo 4 cylinder engine. They can get a car with great fuel economy and performance for a low price. They also get the added bonus of good styling that is non existent from most cars they buy (corolla, camry, etc). Now for most men, they'll chose the V8 at least I would haha. Your opinions?
My little brother is actually going to get an Ecoboost Mustang. No cats, full 2.5" dual outlet exhaust, intake, tune... 400+hp and 35mpg highway. Can't beat it. Especially after seeing a few 9 second SVO's...
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
My little brother is actually going to get an Ecoboost Mustang. No cats, full 2.5" dual outlet exhaust, intake, tune... 400+hp and 35mpg highway. Can't beat it. Especially after seeing a few 9 second SVO's...
Kind of hard to get 35 MPG highway when it's only rated for 31. Also you have to tune for fuel economy or performance, not both.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #5
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Kind of hard to get 35 MPG highway when it's only rated for 31. Also you have to tune for fuel economy or performance, not both.
Not really. A solid tune for power gives better mileage usually, and the same for mods. I mean, my car isn't tuned and it will get 30 mpg on the highway when it cools off. And every one of my buddies that has an I4 or I4T gets over the rated average for the car. I have no doubts that the Ecoboost Mustang will get better than its EPA rating.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
The girls = 4 cyclinders never crossed my mind.. No offense
Old 09-09-2014, 06:54 AM   #7
Phantasmaro7

Drives: 2007 Corolla CE
I'm pretty sure gender had absolutely zero zip zilch to do w/ the level of engine power one chooses for there vehicle - just sayin

Mitch Hedberg
Phantasmaro7 is offline   Reply With Quote