Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-21-2015, 12:27 PM   #15
dirtdog67
Menehune

Drives: Currently: 2010 Camaro
I, fortunately, had employee pricing for my 2010 and, fingers crossed, have been assured employee pricing for the 2016. My 2010 is due for routine maintenance in June and if my "person" is there the day I take in my Camaro...
Old 05-21-2015, 01:13 PM   #16
Optimus

Drives: Former 2010 and 2013 Camaro owner
They will offer it on units that are ordered. In many cases, a dealer won't honor it for something on his lot. I bought my 2010 on employee right out of the gate.
Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:23 PM   #17
JoeYock

Drives: 2016 BVM 2LT RS V6 Camaro
Ok can someone who has a little experience buying cars please help explain this for me. I've never bought a car because my first 2 cars were a hand me down and a gift. I've heard you should never pay msrp but what exactly is employee pricing and supplier pricing? How do I get those prices? I pretty much know nobody who works for GM either.
JoeYock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #18
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYock View Post
Ok can someone who has a little experience buying cars please help explain this for me. I've never bought a car because my first 2 cars were a hand me down and a gift. I've heard you should never pay msrp but what exactly is employee pricing and supplier pricing? How do I get those prices? I pretty much know nobody who works for GM either.
Working for certain employers qualifies a person for supplier pricing.. I work for a large financial corporation and I can get discounts from most manufacturers.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:03 PM   #19
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Supplier Pricing Program is also available to members of certain credit unions (Google "I Love My Credit Union") and other groups. The rules are also on the GM Friends and Family website.

Employee Pricing Program is available for employees, their spouses, immediate family members, aunts and uncles.

One gets an authorization number (good for 6 months) and gives it to the dealer when purchasing. Both programs can be used for delear stock and for retail sold purchases.

Employee Pricing is the best and is always under invoice. Supplier seems to run about $200 over invoice. Dealer participation is voluntary therefore you need to find a dealer willing to accept Program Pricing.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:22 PM   #20
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Employee pricing is restricted to GM employees/retirees and their immediate family.

Supplier pricing is given to companies who have worked out some sort of deal with GM as a sort of perk for their employees. They may or may not be direct suppliers to GM. GM employees/retirees can give out supplier pricing discounts to whoever.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:48 PM   #21
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I think there were supplier restrictions when the Z/28 first came out. So far I have been able to use my supplier number 4 times and gave one away to a family member. It will be there for the Gen 6.. Just maybe not off the bat!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:05 PM   #22
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
In the camp of those hoping it works off they bat, otherwise Ill be waiting till later on when it does work.
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #23
laborsmith

Per my memory, we knew GMS and GMU pricing would be available for the Gen5 when pricing was announced, which I think was in October just before the computer could accept orders.

It usually takes a few months from the start of regular production of a new or a new generation vehicle line before these pricing plans kick in and I am thinking the Gen5 intro was one of those exceptions that prove the rule.

But no matter when it comes available, dealer participation is voluntary, so, for anyone interested in buying using a Purchase Plan be sure to find a dealer who will accept it. Around here that is pretty easy but in some areas of the country not so easy.

Laborsmith
Old 05-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #24
thebiglubinsky

Drives: Infiniti G37S
How much cheaper do you guys think employee pricing will be vs supplier pricing? My buddy's dad works for GM and said he's going to get me set up with his number. Does anyone know of any Northern California Bay Area dealers that do these types of deals? Thanks.
thebiglubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:00 PM   #25
laborsmith

Employee pricing is way below invoice and supplier pricing is just over invoice.

California based dealers seem to be most reluctant to accept Program Pricing. You might want to consider building a relationship with one of your local dealers, or in the alternative work with an out of state dealer. I know BeckyD at Rodgers Chevrolet does a lot of out of state deals, particularly for Camaros.

Laborsmith
Old 05-25-2015, 12:07 PM   #26
Thebeezwax

Drives: Has 4 wheels
it makes no sense for GM to not have a Supplier price on these cars... even the Vets have them...

with that being said.... it'll be at the dealers discretion to offer it or not.

It would be STUPID not to!
Thebeezwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:36 PM   #27
laborsmith

Program Pricing will be available, but just like the new generation Corvette, likely not until some time after the start of production. I hope I did not post anything here that would indicate otherwise.

Laborsmith
Old 05-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #28
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
where are you getting your information from laborsmith?
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote