Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-06-2023, 05:28 PM   #15
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
I have a VIS Carbon hood and the finish went to crap in less than 3 months. its been to 3 body shops and 3 detailers all who tried to "polish" it but the haze came back within days. They all say it needs to be sanded and recleared. VIS and VIVID racing (the company i bought it from) both told me it was my problem and that I "probably dont take care of my car". So yeah, i love my hood but both of those companies can kick rocks and Id recommend everyone to stay away. March my car goes to the body shop for my front end to be resprayed and they are gonna refinish my hood as well.
I’ve had my VIS racing carbon fiber hood for a few years now. Still looks like it did the day I got it. I would say something was up with yours to only last that long.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:48 PM   #16
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
I’ve had my VIS racing carbon fiber hood for a few years now. Still looks like it did the day I got it. I would say something was up with yours to only last that long.
I completely agree! and I have many friends with VIS hoods without issue as well. Clearly something was defective with mine but they refused to do anything for me. They did offer to polish it if paid to send the hood to them and to pay the shipping to return it back to me. RIDICULOUS. They strung me along for over 2 months with emails then wrote me off. I LOVE my hood, but both of those companies did me dirty. They then had the balls to ask me why I cancelled my other orders for the carbon fenders and trunk. I "kindly" explained they would never get another dollar of mine.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 07:40 PM   #17
Camaro2ss2010

Quote:
I completely agree! and I have many friends with VIS hoods without issue as well. Clearly something was defective with mine but they refused to do anything for me. They did offer to polish it if paid to send the hood to them and to pay the shipping to return it back to me. RIDICULOUS. They strung me along for over 2 months with emails then wrote me off. I LOVE my hood, but both of those companies did me dirty. They then had the balls to ask me why I cancelled my other orders for the carbon fenders and trunk. I "kindly" explained they would never get another dollar of mine.
I have a feeling your “kindly” and mine are the same. It’s just one hood to them but they are not cheap. They should’ve made it right.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:46 AM   #18
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
I have a feeling your “kindly” and mine are the same. It’s just one hood to them but they are not cheap. They should’ve made it right.
I was VERY patient and understanding during those 2 months of back and forth with them. I was candid and even joked with them about the issue. Then both companies walked away from me saying its my problem. So yeah, my "kindly" at that point wasn't so kind. Id rather pay 12x the price somewhere else than give them another dollar of mine. They wont even respond to me any more. Now I have to pay to refinish it out of my own pocket. Sad part is I no longer have my stock hood so I cant even go that route.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Old 01-10-2023, 06:58 PM   #19
Camaro2ss2010

Quote:
I was VERY patient and understanding during those 2 months of back and forth with them. I was candid and even joked with them about the issue. Then both companies walked away from me saying its my problem. So yeah, my "kindly" at that point wasn't so kind. Id rather pay 12x the price somewhere else than give them another dollar of mine. They wont even respond to me any more. Now I have to pay to refinish it out of my own pocket. Sad part is I no longer have my stock hood so I cant even go that route.
Looks like you have the same color car as me. I still have my factory hood if you were closer.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:48 AM   #20
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Looks like you have the same color car as me. I still have my factory hood if you were closer.
I truly appreciate the offer. Im getting the hood refinished in March. Also, mine is black, looks like yours is gray

Tags
anderson composite, carbon fiber, hood, paint