Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-21-2018, 05:58 PM   #29
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
The problem with being as far over to one side is so many idiots just take that for themselves. It’s like they don’t even look at the lines they just pull in.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:10 PM   #30
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
There's a guy near me with a Synergy Green Camaro. In his apartment complex he takes the last spot next to a median with the Camaro then parks his beater truck in spot 2. I think that's the only way to protect your car.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #31
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
You’ve got to be Sh^!!ng me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talladega View Post
There's a guy near me with a Synergy Green Camaro. In his apartment complex he takes the last spot next to a median with the Camaro then parks his beater truck in spot 2. I think that's the only way to protect your car.

I used to do that too when I lived in an apartment, Actually by leaving my beater in spot number two gives you two options in case somebody takes the corner spot you could at least park next to your beater as close as possible to minimize the chance of getting a ding by someone else in spot #4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:30 PM   #32
Slvr-camaro15

Drives: 2017 zl1 ,2010 SS /RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theloots View Post
Having heart failure !
Lmaooooo. U guys ever seen that meme "if you don't turn around and look at your car after you park it then you don't love your car " or something like that . One of the main reasons I always look back to see my car is, EXACTLY TO AVOID SITUATIONS LIKE THE ONE SHOWN IN THE picture ...LOL !!!I start getting chest pains when I see someone park like that !!!
Old 01-21-2018, 06:35 PM   #33
zoutlawss

Drives: 2018 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Believe it or not, this is very common and I deal with this on a daily basis. I am very anal with parking spaces, but how I go about it is in several ways:

-Try to park next to well cared for cars.
-Don't be too obvious that you are avoiding contact. Morons don't know much, but they know how to cause trouble and they know how to damage things.
-Park next to a stationary object or a car that is parked long-term.

You can mitigate instances of contact, but of course it isn't foolproof. I've found that your best defense is your instinct; That and, of course, if its too precious to drive then leave it home.

Blah I just don't park next to anyone. Got a reserved space for me at work nice and cozy and when I take the camaro somewhere I'll park way the heck out where most people are too lazy to go

https://www.facebook.com/carthrottle...Rw&pnref=story
zoutlawss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:13 PM   #34
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Oldie but effective. I keep these in the glove box for just such occasions. I couldnt figue out how to cover the swearing. If this is not acceptable please delete

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:17 PM   #35
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Yeah, it doesn't matter how far away you park. They will still find you. I was parked behind the gym, farthest spot from the front door. Came back out to this.
Attached Images

witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #36
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Name:  ADE10A5E-1833-4351-B931-11CE7CA6E589.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  268.7 KB
Old 01-21-2018, 09:20 PM   #37
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
^That absolutely calls for retaliation. There no reason to do that other than being a dick.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:40 PM   #38
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
^That absolutely calls for retaliation. There no reason to do that other than being a dick.
The problem with retaliating is that the owner of the Audi might be hiding in the weeds with video recorder in hand waiting for the Camaro owner to do something or like you said he was just being a dick.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #39
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talladega View Post
I used to do this with my old GTO when I lived in apartments. The closest spot to my building was ~3ft wider than the rest. I'd park it all the way over in that spot, and usually tried to park my pos cavalier next to it. Bonus, I could see it out my window from bed.

Literally the one time I didn't get that spot after taking it out (forgot to move cavalier into it) some asshole swiped the rear quarter panel

I literally went around to every car until I found the one with yellow paint on it from swiping me (I had to only yellow car in the lot) and let's just say I got even and then some. Do not f*ck with my cars
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:46 PM   #40
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
I hate when I park far away and I come out and see someone parked next to me! Smh. I legit saw this girl in a red mustang v6 drive around the parking lot a few times then she parked right next to my car when there were so many other parkings around. That pissed me off. I legit waited for her to get out of the car so I could watch if she would ding my car. Luckily, she didn’t.
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:35 AM   #41
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I've been trying to be the bigger man and let stuff go but there is just no excuse for that. If I had family or friend around, I May consider calling them to come park inches from their door and then video the response they have.
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #42
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
The issue doesn't end with finding an end spot and side distance. Some worthless scum backed into my rear bumper, popped it out of the quarter panel attach, scuffed it and scraped some paint off it. ...and drove off, of course.