Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #43
ZLWonton

Drives: 2014 ZL1 BRM
you are so far from the truth on this one buddy...

You have no idea the countless hours spent designing, test fitting, soldering, wiring them up that were put into them.

And this is coming from a guy that personally helped put them together and test prototypes.

Oracle is 100% all asian product, everyone knows that. Which is why they mark up their stuff 300% and still give you a lifetime warranty.. cuz they know it'll break/fail eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
I hate to burst your bubble but a lot of that stuff you are talking about comes from China originally and gets re-branded over here. Those asians pretty much have the market cornered on that sort of stuff.I know for a fact the Oracle halo kits are all asian original equipment,not sure about Night Owl but I bet if you dig around the web you will find the parts are there.The only difference is you may have to wait 6 weeks for it to arrive lol.

2010 SS IOM (sold)
2014 BRM ZL1
Built & tuned by Spartan Performance: TSP 1 7/8 headers, Rotofab intake, 2.55 upper/9.1 lower pulleys, Alky Meth Kit, Ron Davis Hx, Custom cam, Deathwerks 950 injectors, CNC Stage 2 ported heads; 4490 Customs: Satin White Aluminum, charcoal metallic, dragon red custom wrap; Nightowl LED system; AlphaSound custom built Hertz audio setup with rear seat delete/custom amp ramp; Ferrada FR5 wheels
ZLWonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:07 AM   #44
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLWonton View Post

You have no idea the countless hours spent designing, test fitting, soldering, wiring them up that were put into them.

And this is coming from a guy that personally helped put them together and test prototypes.

Oracle is 100% all asian product, everyone knows that. Which is why they mark up their stuff 300% and still give you a lifetime warranty.. cuz they know it'll break/fail eventually.
Amen! Keyboard warriors pizz me off. If you don't know, keep your yap shut.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:48 PM   #45
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmautoprod View Post
FWIW, the NightOwl modules are 100% custom, not rebranded anything.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
Amen! Keyboard warriors pizz me off. If you don't know, keep your yap shut.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:30 PM   #46
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I pay more for USA made products all the time.

And proud to so do so....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:41 PM   #47
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Well that's nice to know but I was just speaking from experience. Seen so many things rebranded that alot of people don't realize they are not getting the original product. I did say that I was not sure about NightOwl but I bet they were not original, but as usual most people read what they like and then come up with their own interpretations. Anyhow I bet wrong this time and good for NightOwl. No need for a war lol!
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:56 PM   #48
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
Well that's nice to know but I was just speaking from experience. Seen so many things rebranded that alot of people don't realize they are not getting the original product. I did say that I was not sure about NightOwl but I bet they were not original, but as usual most people read what they like and then come up with their own interpretations. Anyhow I bet wrong this time and good for NightOwl. No need for a war lol!
Cool. A rare guy that can admit a mistake. No worries. Sorry. Passionate about a good business owner that really tried hard.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:45 PM   #49
Bradley
Gray Eagle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM, 1994 Camaro
I got this Night owl kit or part of a kit from a friend, I have a couple questions because i'm not that smart with this stuff.

1. What do I need to make it work? he said something about a master Or can I just hook the rings up to a led controller and they work?

2. What is the black box with the two sets of wires coming out each end? does it hook up somewhere?

Thanks
Attached Images

Ordered - 14 Aug 2009 Born - 4 Nov 2009 Delivered - 17 Dec 2009
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:40 PM   #50
Jbcamaro

Drives: 2010 camaro
Why did these get discontinued ?
Jbcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #51
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
I got this Night owl kit or part of a kit from a friend, I have a couple questions because i'm not that smart with this stuff.

1. What do I need to make it work? he said something about a master Or can I just hook the rings up to a led controller and they work?

2. What is the black box with the two sets of wires coming out each end? does it hook up somewhere?

Thanks
Looks like a MiniSL and DRL halo led rings. Box is a driver.

You can add a Master or use any controller.

Last edited by sjmautoprod; 08-06-2017 at 03:49 PM.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #52
ZLWonton

Drives: 2014 ZL1 BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post

Thanks
you won't be able to use the SL Module without a master. You can plug in the mini halos and the 2 little driver boxes to a standard rgb remote and they'll work just fine.

2010 SS IOM (sold)
2014 BRM ZL1
Built & tuned by Spartan Performance: TSP 1 7/8 headers, Rotofab intake, 2.55 upper/9.1 lower pulleys, Alky Meth Kit, Ron Davis Hx, Custom cam, Deathwerks 950 injectors, CNC Stage 2 ported heads; 4490 Customs: Satin White Aluminum, charcoal metallic, dragon red custom wrap; Nightowl LED system; AlphaSound custom built Hertz audio setup with rear seat delete/custom amp ramp; Ferrada FR5 wheels
ZLWonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:19 PM   #53
Bradley
Gray Eagle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM, 1994 Camaro
Quote:
Looks like a MiniSL and DRL halo led rings. Box is a driver.

You can add a Master or use any controller.

Thanks for the help.

Quote:
you won't be able to use the SL Module without a master. You can plug in the mini halos and the 2 little driver boxes to a standard rgb remote and they'll work just fine.
Thanks for the help and clarification.

Now I just have to try to install this.....

Ordered - 14 Aug 2009 Born - 4 Nov 2009 Delivered - 17 Dec 2009
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:25 AM   #54
Niceun

Drives: 2012 45th edition RS 2LT
Anyone know how to reach Joe from Night Owl? I have a system I bought from him several years back and it is just now starting to wig out on me and I need his advise which way to go.Thanks
Niceun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:02 AM   #55
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
What is it doing or not doing?
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:45 AM   #56
Niceun

Drives: 2012 45th edition RS 2LT
Quote:
What is it doing or not doing?
The passenger side halo starts fickering a light purple color. But if I select a color from one of the programs is works fine.
Niceun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
halo, night, nightowl, owl