Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #43
flbadboy12

Drives: 2013 Dodge Challenger SXT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I was referring to the Camaro.

On your height, my 6' 4" brother can hold 4 fingers over his head (no sunroof). Just don't try the back seat.

Scope the LS if money is tight.
Moneys good for now but if y'all stop using email and use the post office more well be rolling in dough lo
Old 08-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #44
flbadboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryan View Post
Go test a Cruze. See if you fit. Nice car for a little sedan.
Not fond of sedans
Old 08-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #45
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by flbadboy12 View Post
Well I'm not like those other people I'm way different I honestly don't care what you have to think either just because my parent have excess money and imma a little soiled and I want nice things in life and if I get a nice car like that I'm going to medical school and buy my own zl1 or str8 and a range rover evoque because imma put my mind to it

lol, not to bright huh. I was pretty much calling bs on your thread, which it probably is. every couple months there's a thread here about some kid getting a car. sometimes it's "should I get a used SS or new V6", sometimes it's about options and packages, and sometimes it's even some 14yr old that's saved 70k and plans on buying a ZL1. probably all made by the same person.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #46
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Quote:
Well I'm not like those other people I'm way different I honestly don't care what you have to think either just because my parent have excess money and imma a little soiled and I want nice things in life and if I get a nice car like that I'm going to medical school and buy my own zl1 or str8 and a range rover evoque because imma put my mind to it
Here is an idea. Buy a brand new car, like a Mazda3 (under 25k will get you a real nice car with leather interior, etc etc), that is fun at low, regular road speeds, gets good mpg, is affordable to maintain, and that way, when you are out on your own, it is financially easier for you, so it will be easier for you to focus on school, and not have to work as many hours for gas/maintenance money. Plus, you will then have a good daily when you buy your ZL1.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #47
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
I'm with JD on this one.

After seeing the quoted post, I'm convinced this thread is BS.

Just some troll.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
Old 08-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #48
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Just get yourself a used 2010 or 2011 V6 Camaro. Many have been well taken care of and make good daily drivers. The 1LT's came with 18 in wheels and all season tires and are very good in all weather including heavy rain, mud, even snow. I do think you'd be better with an automatic for a first car & please be careful. Even the V6 is a very powerful car for a beginner & we have seen too many youngsters get them & shortly thereafter wreck them. They are however very safe cars with a good crash safety rating which has proven it's self to protect passengers well. If you have been hanging around here as long as you say & love Camaros, you are not going to be happy with anything else. You will fit. Just learn how to adjust the mirrors properly once you get the seat adjusted and don't get a sun roof as the interior space is shorter. Here is a pic of my 2010 1LT with the stock wheels for reference.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #49
flbadboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
I'm with JD on this one.

After seeing the quoted post, I'm convinced this thread is BS.

Just some troll.
Think its a troll if you want to i honestly don't care haha I like how you try to answer my question and then one dude comes on here and say that so you follow along haha pathetic
Old 08-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #50
flbadboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Just get yourself a used 2010 or 2011 V6 Camaro. Many have been well taken care of and make good daily drivers. The 1LT's came with 18 in wheels and all season tires and are very good in all weather including heavy rain, mud, even snow. I do think you'd be better with an automatic for a first car & please be careful. Even the V6 is a very powerful car for a beginner & we have seen too many youngsters get them & shortly thereafter wreck them. They are however very safe cars with a good crash safety rating which has proven it's self to protect passengers well. If you have been hanging around here as long as you say & love Camaros, you are not going to be happy with anything else. You will fit. Just learn how to adjust the mirrors properly once you get the seat adjusted and don't get a sun roof as the interior space is shorter. Here is a pic of my 2010 1LT with the stock wheels for reference.

That you your car is amazing as well. Also people say you'll wreck it well at least ill wreck and die in a car I love not like me dying in a beat up toyota or Honda I go out with a bang.... also they say I shouldnt have a high HP car but when they were I'm high school they had 2nd gens Plymouth barracudas and Pontiac gtos and things
Old 08-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #51
CamaroJoe96

Drives: 2013 Full Bolt on LFX M6
Check out an '06-'09 Monte Carlo SS. It has an LS4, and a 5.3 displacement with 303hp and 320 foot pounds of torque. I had an '07 impala SS, which is the same thing with 4 doors. Absolutely awesome car, roomy, and extremely comfortable.I'm sure you can find one with low miles at a good price. Cons: FWD, 4 speed automatic
Old 08-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #52
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Honestly I would get a Tacoma... My next vehicle
Old 08-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #53
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
So you're 14, 2 years away from your parents getting you a car? And you're looking for advice on new cars that might not even be out yet? Advice my dad has given me throughout life:

1. 15 will get you 20
2. If it's pink in the middle it's cooked too little
3. Never ask a question you don't already know the answer to.
4. You can have any car you want as long as you pay for it.

My advice to you, buy something older and cheap that you can work on, girls love two things, guys who can work on cars, and guys who know how to do handbrake turns. So don't waste your time with something new.

If you're deadset on getting something new you should fit into the drivers seat of a Camaro without any major issues.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #54
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Test drive it first,

When I first got in one I thought it was cramped, I'm 6'2. Loved em since I saw em but I didn't pull the trigger until two years later after buying a cruze.

Personally though, something a little more conservative might be better upfront for your first. It's not just going fast that's an issue with a performance car. At high school, your car is gonna get screwed with. Especially as a freshman, if you like it it's gonna cause problems. You're gonna scratch it, ding it up, it's gonna hurt every time and cost to fix. If you do have an accident and someone sees you in that and young they're gonna take you/your insurance to the cleaners and your rates are gonna soar. If a cop sees you fooling around, it's gonna be a traffic ticket. Far more care will have to go into it etc. etc. The car won't even be that big a deal until you hit college. trust me dude, college women > high school girls.

And then of course, dying sucks.

Just bear that in mind while looking at cars.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #55
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Test drive it first,

When I first got in one I thought it was cramped, I'm 6'2. Loved em since I saw em but I didn't pull the trigger until two years later after buying a cruze.

Personally though, something a little more conservative might be better upfront for your first. It's not just going fast that's an issue with a performance car. At high school, your car is gonna get screwed with. Especially as a freshman, if you like it it's gonna cause problems. You're gonna scratch it, ding it up, it's gonna hurt every time and cost to fix. If you do have an accident and someone sees you in that and young they're gonna take you/your insurance to the cleaners and your rates are gonna soar. If a cop sees you fooling around, it's gonna be a traffic ticket. Far more care will have to go into it etc. etc. The car won't even be that big a deal until you hit college. trust me dude, college women > high school girls.

And then of course, dying sucks.

Just bear that in mind while looking at cars.

My highschool principal didn't enjoy me leaving rubber in front of our school in my old z28...the kids who's parents bought them cars resented me for having something cool I bought by waiting tables. And the police enjoyed stopping me for "burned out turn signals"

All issues you face being young stupid and having a fast car...It also saved my life my freshman year of college.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #56
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Convertible

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, challenger, first car