Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #29
dave eckhardt
dave eckhardt seabees

Drives: 2012 camaro 2 LT convertible
5th bowitis

took my convertible to the dealer today.showed my advisor the top that looks like cruusinLV's.just got a call from my service advisor.5th bowitis.has the part coming from jackson,ms to pensacola,fl.should arrive tomorrow.hopefully car will be finished late tomorrow afternoon.stay tuned.my car was built 1/12.my dealer is pete moore chevrolet in pensacola,fl.they have been very responsive to my needs.highly recommended.
dave eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #30
Cruuzin LV

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
They fixed that 5th bow very fast. As if YOUR CAR was not the first one they have fixed. they even got the new replacement bow very fast too. That's pretty amazing.

Did they really only have your car for two days ?
I took it in on Thursday night an hour before the service department closed. They had it fixed by Saturday afternoon. It is the #1 chevy dealership in Las Vegas and they sell a metric crap ton of cars. They had at least 25 Camaro's on the lot when I dropped it off. It's a very busy dealership, so I'm sure they keep more parts on hand than a lower volume dealership. It was fixed very quickly and was put back together very well.

Logic tells me they had the part on hand and I got lucky or it could be that I'm just a very happy positive awesome person and the planets and stars aligned for me on this one..
Cruuzin LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #31
dave eckhardt
dave eckhardt seabees

Drives: 2012 camaro 2 LT convertible
just got my convertible back.looks good.they replaced the 5th bow.I guess I am now an official member of the broken bow/bad waterbag club.good luck to all you other convertible owners.dealership was excellent through the process.whoever designed the 5th generation convertible top probably got fired.It has cost mucho dinero to fix this problem.
dave eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #32
Cruuzin LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave eckhardt View Post
just got my convertible back.looks good.they replaced the 5th bow.I guess I am now an official member of the broken bow/bad waterbag club.good luck to all you other convertible owners.dealership was excellent through the process.whoever designed the 5th generation convertible top probably got fired.It has cost mucho dinero to fix this problem.
Yeah I'm guessing they didn't get employee of the month with that design!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #33
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
mine's in for the 5th new top. hang in there.
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 AM   #34
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrykiller1 View Post
mine's in for the 5th new top. hang in there.
So has GM given you an extended warranty? I got one for 4 yrs/60,000 miles because they replaced the fabric & then the entire roof. It's starting to rub the well again & a hole will be there soon, so I'm gonna get another top but I want to know what's going to happen when this warranty runs out. I may have to get legal help....
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #35
Cruuzin LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
So has GM given you an extended warranty? I got one for 4 yrs/60,000 miles because they replaced the fabric & then the entire roof. It's starting to rub the well again & a hole will be there soon, so I'm gonna get another top but I want to know what's going to happen when this warranty runs out. I may have to get legal help....

can you post a pic of where your's is rubbing so I can compair it to mine?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #36
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

OK. I'll get them in by tomorrow (wife's got my car today cause her's is having brake issues).

And BTW - has anybody had the weatherstripping in the trunk star to get a hole worn in it due to the trunk cable rubbing against it? Mine is - I'll put pics up by tomorrow
Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #37
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
They fixed that 5th bow very fast. As if YOUR CAR was not the first one they have fixed. they even got the new replacement bow very fast too. That's pretty amazing.

Did they really only have your car for two days ?
Had my 5th bow replaced a few weeks ago; dropped it off at 7AM, they provided a rental, and picked mine back up at 4:30 the same afternoon. I expected to lose my car for 2 - 3 days. They did an excellent job.

Quote:
OK. I'll get them in by tomorrow (wife's got my car today cause her's is having brake issues).

And BTW - has anybody had the weatherstripping in the trunk star to get a hole worn in it due to the trunk cable rubbing against it? Mine is - I'll put pics up by tomorrow
There's a thread on the general discussions about this. I noticed mine has a rub mark on it, but no serious wear yet.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #38
Mykeb
Happiness is.....

Drives: '13 2LT Convertible, '56 F100
...and then I heard a "pop!".....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images...s/facepalm.gif

Tuesday was a suprisingly nice day here in NOVA...was putting the top down on the '13 convertible and heard a pop. Could get the top down seemingly all the way (though clearly something was wrong as it didn't retract normally and top motor ran longer than usual). Received the message at the dash while driving that the top wasn't secure. While stopped and trying to check it out, learned that the trunk won't open when car is reporting top in that state, even though it appeared fully retracted. Eventually discovered a driver's side ball and socket cable/rod to retraction mount connection had come off. Replaced the socket on the mount. In putting the top up, the driver's side was lagging severely on it's own, but I could easily pull it to the closed position.

Will be taking it in to the dealer to have it checked out.

Any one had this experience?
Mykeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #39
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:

classicrockr, yes the cable was rubbing through the weathstripping on the trunk of mine.My dealer attached a little clip to pull the cable slightly away from the weatherstripping and replaced the weatherstripping under warranty.No issues since.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:14 PM   #40
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:

I would definitely consult with an experienced lemon law attorney in YOUR state to protect your rights under the law. Happy I did.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #41
Cruuzin LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykeb View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images...s/facepalm.gif

Tuesday was a suprisingly nice day here in NOVA...was putting the top down on the '13 convertible and heard a pop. Could get the top down seemingly all the way (though clearly something was wrong as it didn't retract normally and top motor ran longer than usual). Received the message at the dash while driving that the top wasn't secure. While stopped and trying to check it out, learned that the trunk won't open when car is reporting top in that state, even though it appeared fully retracted. Eventually discovered a driver's side ball and socket cable/rod to retraction mount connection had come off. Replaced the socket on the mount. In putting the top up, the driver's side was lagging severely on it's own, but I could easily pull it to the closed position.

Will be taking it in to the dealer to have it checked out.

Any one had this experience?
No the 5th bow issue is a little different from what you described. Got any pics?
I sure hope this isnt a whole new top issue with 2013's since its supposedly fixed on them.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #42
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

after 1 new top (fabric only), then a new frame & top, here's the latest discrepancy. After 8 months, when I have the top down, the drivers side is touching the frame of the well again, causing this wear mark/hole. I just got into a new town so now I've got to find a new Chevy dealer & see if they'll deal with this issue properly.
Attached Images