Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-05-2015, 06:43 PM   #1
Reineke

Drives: 2010 SW Camaro 2SS RS 6M
Totaled vehicle

So I got caught up in someone else's accident in some slippery conditions and caused some significant damage to my wife's truck. I suspect that it will be totaled just by looking at similar vehicles on the insurance online auction websites.

My question is, assuming that the vehicle will be totaled, what should I expect from the insurance company/what should I be doing now?

It has just been released from the towing yard and into their possession for evaluation. I have printed off NADA estimates, similar vehicles for sale in my area, as well as examples from those insurance online auction websites that have shown Actual Cash Price for the vehicle. I'm hoping the insurance company does their job and provides me with correct market value. I'm not looking or expecting to get rich.

What should I expect once this claim has been settled? Will my rates go up significantly? Will I be dropped? Will they understand that stuff happens?

This is my first rodeo and I'm interested in the advice from those who have had similar situations.

Thanks!
Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:56 PM   #2
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Every case is treated differently.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #3
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My car was totaled two weeks ago. American Family, Whom the other driver was insured. Took average retail to determine my car's worth. In Kansas the "Totaled" value is 70% of average retail. My car had 15K in damage, Car was worth 17K....

My claim was settled in 7 days. I leased my car. I'll never do that again. I literally walked away with 0.00 in my pocket. Very disappointing.

Did any of the bags go? Pics?