Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-11-2020, 11:55 AM   #1
Drews

Drives: '02 Camaro SS, '69 Z/28 , '20 ZL1
Hemmings feature 2020 Camaro 2SS article

Hi guys,

Found this interesting article in Hemmings for a 2020 Camaro 2SS..., hmmm Camaro....such a beautiful car!

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/art...ction-line-138

Take care

Andrew
Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #2
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Why don't these journalists ever interview one of the Disciples- you know the "real people" that GM catered to in designing the Camaro?

I do like the Camaro and plan on getting one before it gets killed again but that article is spot on.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:28 PM   #3
Drews

Drives: '02 Camaro SS, '69 Z/28 , '20 ZL1
I agree with you on that.

But i did find a seemingly interesting video on youtube, but guess what..., its in another language...spanish i think.

Too bad... i would like to hear it in english.

I trier to find it to show you... but can't find it anymore. Sorry.

But i did find a small segment of that "spanish" video from the smithsonian channel, here it is...

I also had found these awhile back... enjoy!

Take care

Andrew
Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:54 PM   #4
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
The article asks "Is it enuff?"

I was sold when the 16 rolled out. Started saving. Sales dipped. GM took that as a sign nobody wants their car and changed the facia to look like the dog from duck hunt on the base car... or is it a xenomorph? Either way its a fail.

Does GM realize how long it takes their gearheads to save money for a new car?

The boba fett looking SS was the idea you use after a 10 year run on the IROC lookalike (which was perfect).

Either way they are U G L Y. Bring back the 16-18 facia and run it for 10 years. I bet your sales go back up.

I bought mine anyway knowing I can swap the facia down the road.

Cheers, this is just something I am drinking about.

Last edited by ThirdGenNut; 06-11-2020 at 08:44 PM.
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:22 PM   #5
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdGenNut View Post

I was sold when the 16 rolled out. Started saving. Sales dipped. GM took that as a sign nobody wants their car and changed the facia to look like the dog from duck hunt on the base car... or is it a xenomorph? Either way its a fail.

The boba fett looking SS was the idea you use after a 10 year run on the IROC lookalike (which was perfect).

Either way its U G L Y. Bring back the 16-18 facia and run it for 10 years. I bet your sales go back up.

I love the front end on my 2020 2SS, now the LT1 front end?? Not so much...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:38 PM   #6
ThirdGenNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Allot of people loved the 2nd gen and the fourth gen as well.
Of course the fourth gen put camaro out of business.

I got my LT1 in black so you cant see its face.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:46 PM   #7
ThirdGenNut

Im telling you guys if dodge can run the challenger look indefinitely the 16-18 can too.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:26 PM   #8
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
I find it amusing that when discussing the car's options in the article, the reaction to having the NPP exhaust is 'meh' but then there's a fair amount written about it "...the active exhaust was quiet for most of our time (you certainly couldn't hear anything in the cabin just putting around town on light throttle, anyway)... The noise from exhaust and engine will fill the cabin for as long as you stay in it; back off, and it's like flicking a switch—the exhaust crackles to signal the end of play, and suddenly you can hear yourself think."
I think they missed the point.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:50 PM   #9
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Either way they are U G L Y. Bring back the 16-18 facia and run it for 10 years. I bet your sales go back up.

Quote:
Allot of people loved the 2nd gen and the fourth gen as well.
Of course the fourth gen put camaro out of business.

I got my LT1 in black so you cant see its face.
Quote:
Im telling you guys if dodge can run the challenger look indefinitely the 16-18 can too.
My man ThirdGenNut totally gets it

Instead of raising the roof by 1", lowering the belt line by 1", simply splitting the taillights to enlarge the trunk opening (trunk size itself is actually ample), then telling the world "look, we fixed nearly EVERYTHING you complained about", and scoring an instant sales win, they redesigned what didn't need changing at all and created a look that only a mother could love...

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:51 PM   #10
ThirdGenNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
My man ThirdGenNut totally gets it

Instead of raising the roof by 1", lowering the belt line by 1", simply splitting the taillights to enlarge the trunk opening (trunk size itself is actually ample), then telling the world "look, we fixed nearly EVERYTHING you complained about", and scoring an instant sales win, they redesigned what didn't need changing at all and created a look that only a mother could love...
I can tell you there is a strong force that loves the hhr, ssr, lt flavor. And they are right... but their place is the last 2 years of a production cycle.

Imagine having a car you budget for tooling and can pay off in ten years. then at 11 years can sell at a staggering profit that undercuts every car on the market for another 10 years? 20 years? the bug did it. wrangler could do it. cuda/challenger could do it. iroc can do it.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:55 PM   #11
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
It's the thing I have said many times here before already: name one well-respected sports car that sells like hotcakes.

Some people like the classic pony/muscle feel. Not so much for me. I liked the Challenger a lot until I owned my RX-8 and realize that yes, cornering matters. After that, I lost all appetite for Challenger. For me, I like the Camaro's combo: sports car handling but with a coarse pony/muscle NA V8 engine(versus waiting for the lags on turbocharged engines).

Quote:
Personally, I didn't like the facelifted SS when I first saw it. Thought it was ugly. Seeing it in person, though, it actually grew on me quite a bit.

And a lot of people would compliment mine so I don't think it's horrible.

The front fascia isn't the issue here, anyway. It's the lack of practicality that's killing the car. I wonder if the increase of visibility and other points would change the handling and other dynamics of the car.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:24 PM   #12
ThirdGenNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
It's the thing I have said many times here before already: name one well-respected sports car that sells like hotcakes.

Some people like the classic pony/muscle feel. Not so much for me. I liked the Challenger a lot until I owned my RX-8 and realize that yes, cornering matters. After that, I lost all appetite for Challenger. For me, I like the Camaro's combo: sports car handling but with a coarse pony/muscle NA V8 engine(versus waiting for the lags on turbocharged engines).

Personally, I didn't like the facelifted SS when I first saw it. Thought it was ugly. Seeing it in person, though, it actually grew on me quite a bit.

The front fascia isn't the issue here, anyway. It's the lack of practicality that's killing the car. I wonder if the increase of visibility and other points would change the handling and other dynamics of the car.
Practicality of the camaro..... Does it crush practical cars that cost 3 times as much? Check.

Thats its practicality.

Jeep Makes a fantastic lifestyle car for practicality.

I would go so far as to say all a guy needs is an LT1 and a Gladiator.

Otherwise all nonbinary earth beings should have a honda or toyota.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:56 PM   #13
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post

2020 fixed the visibility issue... Putting the HD Rear View Camera in the fin (vs. the 3rd stanchion in the 2019) was a game changer...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:39 AM   #14
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Practicality of the camaro..... Does it crush practical cars that cost 3 times as much? Check.

Thats its practicality.

Jeep Makes a fantastic lifestyle car for practicality.

I would go so far as to say all a guy needs is an LT1 and a Gladiator.

Otherwise all nonbinary earth beings should have a honda or toyota.
I meant practicality when compared to a Mustang or a Challenger. The Challenger is a bigger car, but the Mustang is around the same size and it has a bigger trunk and trunk opening, rear seats you can put down individually, things like that.

Of course, if more practicality means less performance, then no.

Quote:
2020 fixed the visibility issue... Putting the HD Rear View Camera in the fin (vs. the 3rd stanchion in the 2019) was a game changer...
Well, I own a 1LE so... No rearview camera for me.

Not that I really mind it that much. I see all I need to see, and there is the backup camera if I am reversing the car.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote