Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-02-2016, 12:06 PM   #29
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
I was a MoPar guy back in the day, but the '67 Chevelle is one of the most iconic muscle cars of all time IMO. Might as well try to catch the wind waiting for GM to resurrect the Chevelle.
SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:19 PM   #30
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
They should have used the Chevelle name on the SS sedan.... That alone would probably have boosted sales.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:59 PM   #31
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
I was a MoPar guy back in the day, but the '67 Chevelle is one of the most iconic muscle cars of all time IMO. Might as well try to catch the wind waiting for GM to resurrect the Chevelle.
I remember these. Nice cars.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:15 PM   #32
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
I'm waiting for some new Chevette rumors.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #33
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmr2 View Post
I'm waiting for some new Chevette rumors.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:57 PM   #34
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
I remember these. Nice cars.

That's another beautiful ride, what was so cool is that we could ride in friends' muscle cars. It was a good time had by all.
SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:07 PM   #35
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcamaroZ28 View Post
They already build it! The name has been changed to protect the innocent!
I've made this argument before a long time ago. The new SS should have been the Malibu SS, chevy's chance to bring back that old skool heritage of the 60's Malibu SS. However, chevy didn't want to redefine the G8/SS/GTO look. Rather got lazy and made up a car like Pontiacs G8, we all see how well that did, psh. IMO, chevy should have lengthened the SS drop the top a smidge and square/modernize it more and slapped the Malibu SS emblem on it and it would have got a lot of the older generation guys a hard on for the car. Just IMO... but whatever chevy knows what their doing that is why the Chevy SS(???) is doing so well...

I think the new Malibu looks decent and that line up sells good, why wouldn't chevy bring back the Malibu SS???
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:13 PM   #36
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
I've made this argument before a long time ago. The new SS should have been the Malibu SS, chevy's chance to bring back that old skool heritage of the 60's Malibu SS. However, chevy didn't want to redefine the G8/SS/GTO look. Rather got lazy and made up a car like Pontiacs G8, we all see how well that did, psh. IMO, chevy should have lengthened the SS drop the top a smidge and square/modernize it more and slapped the Malibu SS emblem on it and it would have got a lot of the older generation guys a hard on for the car. Just IMO... but whatever chevy knows what their doing that is why the Chevy SS(???) is doing so well...

I think the new Malibu looks decent and that line up sells good, why wouldn't chevy bring back the Malibu SS???
Their sales are right on target with the SS. Also how much longer would you want it, it is already a full size sedan compared to the mid size of the Malibu.

Personally I like the sales numbers right where they are at...
Old 03-02-2016, 03:16 PM   #37
Gearheaded

Drives: 2014 SS
They've got to average the sales of their fuel efficient cars as well, to make EPA regulations. It's a big fine if they don't average sales of vehicles in combination of average MPG, if I'm not mistaken.

So a double edge sword of selling a ton of V8's is reducin their collective MPG, even though actual vehicle sales are high. All of this info was given to me from GM reps
2009 YZF R1 - Race bike (road course)(totaled racing)
2008 YZF R6 - Race bike (road course)(still own)
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:45 AM   #38
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Their sales are right on target with the SS. Also how much longer would you want it, it is already a full size sedan compared to the mid size of the Malibu.

Personally I like the sales numbers right where they are at...
Says the guy who has a Chevy SS in the picture...

I want to say I have seen only 2. I have seen 1 for sure though, and I am unsure of the other because it looks so blah and in traffic it didn't stand out. I gave a generic outline all they had to do is redefine it a little and put some effort into it. Sadly, it is just a nothing car that many people will see and say "what is that?" much like the G8. Nothing special about it, sorry. It might as well be a plain ol sedan like the Ford Taurus or Toyota Camry both on steroids.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:42 AM   #39
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron0731 View Post
Any chance of it happening? Would you leave the Camaro for one?
No and no.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:09 PM   #40
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
up there with the mid engine corvette
Forged 418 Ls3 from Texas Speed, LSX heads from Texas Speed, Tick Turbo cam, Jakes/PCM/Billet 4l80e, 3200 Stall converter from Circle D, DSS 750 hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, stock 3.23 gears, TSW Wheels Front 20x10 Rear 20x11.5, Fabberage Twin Turbo Supercharger Killer kit with Upgraded Turbos, Squash Dual fuel pump, Full BMR Suspension/bushings, Holly High Rise intake manifold, ID1300 Injectors, Megan Coilovers, PCM of NC plug and play trans kit. HP/TQ TBA
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:48 PM   #41
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Says the guy who has a Chevy SS in the picture...

I want to say I have seen only 2. I have seen 1 for sure though, and I am unsure of the other because it looks so blah and in traffic it didn't stand out. I gave a generic outline all they had to do is redefine it a little and put some effort into it. Sadly, it is just a nothing car that many people will see and say "what is that?" much like the G8. Nothing special about it, sorry. It might as well be a plain ol sedan like the Ford Taurus or Toyota Camry both on steroids.
I disagree with you, I get 10x more thumbs up driving my SS than I do the ZL1. Anyone that is in the know, know exactly what the car is and think it's nothing but bad to the bone. Those that don't know what it is, will stand and stare trying to figure it out. The car handles awesome, and with just an intake, exhaust and tune it also runs very good. And to say there is nothing special about it, and compare it to a Camry and Taurus, you are sadly mistaken and know nothing about the car. At least it's not as common as a Camaro SS, which you see on every corner.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #42
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Sorry, looks like every other boring Hyundai, Toyota, Mazda, Honda, Acura... 4 door "sports sedan" to me. I was looking at it when I was looking up specs on the Camaro and thinking "what's this? Hmmm... why would they make an "SS" that looks so boring"

If you are going to pay that price, and drive something that looks so pedestrian, you might as well get something with world class reliability.

JMHO as always.

Last edited by Mr. Stacy; 03-03-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Mr. Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote