Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #113
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
In the pic I see a bumper splitting the grills, similar to the '14. It looks like the proportions of the '14 (narrower top grill) with the look of the '13 (because the projector headlamps look same). Yes it may just be a Gen5 front end used, but why cover it up to that extent? It would seem at this stage the final grills/openings/etc would need testing for cooling etc etc this close to production tooling being set.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #114
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpanthers85 View Post
Just throwing this out there but when they were testing the C7 Vettes, they used a C6 shell and still masked it all up. If you ask me, it looks like they're doing the same thing with the Camaro. Sure, the wheel base is shorter but they could easily makeshift mount the front and rear fascia on the new model.
They can easily add the gen 5 fascia, but they can't easily shorten the wheelbase. This is likely the gen 6 monocoque.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #115
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Like this ?

Completely blackout the front and add a heritage grill and see what that would look like?
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #116
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Amen. It's starting to take complete disregard for the obvious body lines under the tarp, too. Like the fact that there's definitely a recessed grill like on the 5th gen. May as well draw a Micky Mouse face on the front, if you want to be that liberal. Lol.

It's not going to look that radically different from the current car. Same basic concept and lines, refreshed style, completely new platform. There's a good chance the car will still offer its iconic halo headlamps on the RS package, maybe slightly revamped, but not a totally different shape.

I hope they don't forget the gills either.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #117
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
I hope no one thinks I'm claiming any of these overlays are what the car will look like. Just been having fun lining up drawings and speculation with the car they're running camouflaged under wraps.
+1
Old 08-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #118
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
Completely blackout the front and add a heritage grill and see what that would look like?

thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:59 PM   #119
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I have a special relationship with GM personnel, and have been given the official photo of the Gen 6 car. You will notice the exact dimensions of the spy shots will correlate to this.
Attached Images

DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #120
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I have a special relationship with GM personnel, and have been given the official photo of the Gen 6 car. You will notice the exact dimensions of the spy shots will correlate to this.
Seems legit.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #121
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Ford better look out. Who needs fancy European styling when you have a not only side skirt exhaust and hood exhaust, but a friggen rocket strapped to the back of the car? If that isn't a recipe for speed, I don't know what is.

I'll take mine in glow-in-the-dark green, because I crave attention and think it'd be quite badass.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:55 PM   #122
RenegadeXR

I'm sorry to ruin the suspense for some of you, but after a careful forensic analysis of the pictures posted on the front page via space-age computer software developed by NASA that's often only used for mapping topographies of landscapes hidden deep under the sea, I have managed to produce the following rendering. My inside contact at GM confirmed it's 100% accurate, at least for 2% of the sketch depicted. Wonder no more.

Behold, Chevy's answer to the 2015 Mustang Ecoboost. I give you the 2016 Camaro Sunshine, z/L1E-SS-RS- LTE 4G limited edition.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:20 PM   #123
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
I'm sorry to ruin the suspense for some of you, but after a careful forensic analysis of the pictures posted on the front page via space-age computer software developed by NASA that's often only used for mapping topographies of landscapes hidden deep under the sea, I have managed to produce the following rendering. My inside contact at GM confirmed it's 100% accurate, at least for 2% of the sketch depicted. Wonder no more.

Behold, Chevy's answer to the 2015 Mustang Ecoboost. I give you the 2016 Camaro Sunshine, z/L1E-SS-RS- LTE 4G limited edition.
holy Sh!!

this thing can have only one logical explanation!!!

Old 08-14-2014, 11:52 PM   #124
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
this is scary close...but it actually makes sense, they actually could be working on this prototype, and Im glad to see the they fix the rear quarter panels to look more Camaro-ish, a prove of this statement is watching close how the cover bends between the door and the rear tire, you can see the volume match the concept design, also im 80% the windows are larger than what it looks, also if you look the rear spoiler and rear bumper of the concept it would line 100% in shape, Im not saying is the same car s the concept, but it probably be an advanced design based on the concept we all saw... if I am right this could be a really awesome modern age-muscle/sport car, its time to camaro to evolve into something better w/out making the mistakes they did with the 4Gen (in design)

btw.. some people may hate what Im about to say... but I would love to see a 3th-4th style rear trunk... the really help with visibility and you can put lots of suff there

cheers!
Old 08-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #125
RenegadeXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
this is scary close...
It's scary how people see what they want to when there's not really a single new detail to make out. That gif jumps around like crazy between the two cars… the sketch looks like an Acura NSX, for Pete's sake.

Either the Camaro has barely changed, or as some people are (probably correctly) mentioning, it's a 6th gen Camaro in a 5th gen shell. Almost nothing is different in terms of the body lines of the car, even with the tarp. The tarp is there so GM doesn't have to deal with the repercussions of publicly testing a pre-production test car. They don't want people freaking out if there's a prototype on the road that looks exactly like the current Camaro, even if it's just a test mule not representative of the final product. The also don't want to give away the new design. They want some element of surprise. It's that simple.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #126
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
It's scary how people see what they want to when there's not really a single new detail to make out. That gif jumps around like crazy between the two cars… the sketch looks like an Acura NSX, for Pete's sake.

Either the Camaro has barely changed, or as some people are (probably correctly) mentioning, it's a 6th gen Camaro in a 5th gen shell. Almost nothing is different in terms of the body lines of the car, even with the tarp. The tarp is there so GM doesn't have to deal with the repercussions of publicly testing a pre-production test car. They don't want people freaking out if there's a prototype on the road that looks exactly like the current Camaro, even if it's just a test mule not representative of the final product. The also don't want to give away the new design. They want some element of surprise. It's that simple.
If the 6th generation Camaro is really a bit smaller they could have added padding under the camo to make it bigger and give it more of a 5th generation look. At least that is what it looks like to me, though whenever people see this they jump to conclusion and say it will fail, be successful really on a car that they have never seen. Then when it succeeds they say see I told you so or if it fails then the other ones say see I told you so.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation