Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #43
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
the CTS-V wagon is GM's most rare vehicle... I love that car
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #44
nasa.zl1

Drives: 2011 White Camaro
Do not blame you one bit as it was a smart choice. In fact, if gm does not do something special for the 2015 ZL1 then I will get the 2015 cts-v coupe. Why not? At least it will have the latest super cruise, and automatic braking. I do not care if it costs a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
Hi All,

Well, I tried. Its a sad day, I can no longer look forward to ordering an ashen gray ZL1. I was all psyched to get a ZL1 for the past few months and thought I was good to go when we saw a ZL1 a the New England Auto Show and she said....this is nice. But my wife dropped it on me and said no more two door cars...she hates getting in and out of the back of the 2002 Camaro when she has to be back there and wants to be able to be able to load a car up.

So we compromised.............on a CTS-V wagon! Order # received and hopefully filled soon. So I'll always be with the ZL1s in spirit. Cant wait to get this badboy. Phantom gray, sunroof, wood interior, and graphite wheels...she didnt like the Recaros and I went with an auto but I'm surely not going to complain.

Just as an aside, does anyone know what the ZL1 has upgraded to get the extra 30hp?
Old 03-13-2014, 05:16 PM   #45
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
[QUOTE=BAD ZL1;7487766]It was the air intake that they got the extra HP from....

Actually it was the intercooler not the air intake. The zl1 intercooler is bigger thus freeing up the extra 15 ponies over the cadillac

Last edited by joes407; 03-13-2014 at 05:55 PM.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #46
camaroz06

Drives: 2002 V6 Camaro
[QUOTE=joes407;7492750]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD ZL1 View Post
It was the air intake that they got the extra HP from....

Actually it was the intercooler brick not the air intake. The zl1 intercooler is bigger thus freeing up the extra 15 ponies over the cadillac
Is it the actual intercooler or pump intercooler combo on the ZL1 that is different? I figure the intake/intercooler is the biggest difference between both incarnations of the LSA? Or are you thinking the intake is the same for both.

Pump: http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...9#.UyIz_fldX-s

It looks like D3 makes a bolt in intercooler: http://d3groupinc.com/fmic/

I dont think I'll get too into the changing the car up now. Maybe just an air raid intake, that should get close to the ZL1 HP specs.

ALso thought of another plate, UNICRN was taken...I was thinking Unicorn as in the car is rare as a unicorn. But UNICRN is taken so UNIKRN? I just wish TRKSTR wasnt taken.
camaroz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #47
joes407

I know the larger intercooler lid we have has more flow im not sure the brick itself is bigger
Old 03-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #48
joes407

Im not sure if the factory intake is different as every caddy I see has an airraid on it
Old 03-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #49
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Congrats! Having a family of my own, I have been strongly considering a CTS-V.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #50
camaroz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
I know the larger intercooler lid we have has more flow im not sure the brick itself is bigger
Sounds like your right, I was just reading in another forum that its the lid. Sounds like a little bit of a pain to change out.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #51
joes407

Quote:
Sounds like your right, I was just reading in another forum that its the lid. Sounds like a little bit of a pain to change out.
Not too hard except the rear bolts
Old 03-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #52
camaroz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
Not too hard except the rear bolts
I was reading the hood needs some modifications.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:24 PM   #53
joes407

Quote:
I was reading the hood needs some modifications.
Oh
Old 03-14-2014, 12:00 AM   #54
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
I also went down the ex wife road as have many others on here. We as men are going to pay no matter what. Either up front with compromising as the OP has to do, or in the end getting divorced. I chose divorce. When I was married I had dreamed of having a man cave with a room we never used formally. My ex even told me the day she was moving out, "now you can fix your home theater room up they way you want to"! I also purchased my ZL1 when my youngest moved out and now is in University the same scenario as yours! Years later, now with a good woman that doesn't play mind games and a new ZL1, life is good.

The truth is this and some of you will be hurt by this but. If a woman is saying no to what makes YOU happy then she is a dream killer. Some women are that exactly. Look back at your lives together and see if this is you? Do they become unhappy and their moods change when you are really happy? Do they share in your joy either it being cars, or golfing, or whatever activity you do by yourself? Just think of all the ideas that some of you want to do but it gets vetoed. Think back to the last disagreement/argument you had with your wife, who started it? No more mama not happy. She's not my mom to begin with.

OP you will love the CTS-V wagon. I owned the sedan when my kids were not driving yet.
We'll said !
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #55
08vette

Drives: 2008 corvette, 2010 camaro
Quote:
Hi All,

Well, I tried. Its a sad day, I can no longer look forward to ordering an ashen gray ZL1. I was all psyched to get a ZL1 for the past few months and thought I was good to go when we saw a ZL1 a the New England Auto Show and she said....this is nice. But my wife dropped it on me and said no more two door cars...she hates getting in and out of the back of the 2002 Camaro when she has to be back there and wants to be able to be able to load a car up.

So we compromised.............on a CTS-V wagon! Order # received and hopefully filled soon. So I'll always be with the ZL1s in spirit. Cant wait to get this badboy. Phantom gray, sunroof, wood interior, and graphite wheels...she didnt like the Recaros and I went with an auto but I'm surely not going to complain.

Just as an aside, does anyone know what the ZL1 has upgraded to get the extra 30hp?
now if money was the problem and the wife said no to the zl1 thats one thing, but when the wife CRUSHES your dream because of the few times she has to get out of the back seat thats crap. sorry
08vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #56
camaroz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08vette View Post
now if money was the problem and the wife said no to the zl1 thats one thing, but when the wife CRUSHES your dream because of the few times she has to get out of the back seat thats crap. sorry
Again, my life isn't ruined or dreams crushed. Tongue in cheek guys.

I'm 30 and about to soon start a family, in all honesty after talking it though with her a 2 door ZL1 isn't practical right now. So let me re-word, she brought me back down to earth with our "compromise"...its a 556hp beast of a machine for god sakes.....In fact its hardly a compromise on her part, its more like letting me get 99% of my way. I know shes still thinking "I'll let my husband get this crazy ass, gas hungry, expensive car....at least it has 4 doors so I got that going for me, why couldn't he have wanted a Fusion."

And boy does she let me get away with a lot. We just bought a house and I immediately took over room (which I think is the largest bedroom) and made it my cave, she lets me display my diecast airliner collections in the living room with only a eye roll (yes I'm a nerd), she doesn't give me flak for going out drinking with my friends, shes lets me randomly bring home kegs and invite people over without a fuss...there's a ton she lets me do. And she'd even be willing to let me pursue whatever I wanted to do career wise.

Last edited by camaroz06; 03-14-2014 at 02:27 PM.