Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #141
2011ozzy

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmass View Post
Frankly I'm a bit embarrassed with the amount of, well basically crap being thrown at this guy. He came for advice like all of us do, and so many berate him, even after all his been through. Hey I have 3 cars, so bloody what. We are all fortunate to own a Camaro, and I am a proud owner for 3 years. The way a lot of people have conducted themselves with misfortune is indescribable. Let's kick him while he's down, and for good measure, when he gets back up, kick him in the danglies.

I trust you are all happy with yourselves.

Mate, thoughts are with you, been through one major hurricane down here, it's not pleasant

Good luck mate, hope it all works out for you
Here here well said!
2011ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #142
Carls2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77rs View Post
Well, I sold the car today to the same dealer I bought it from- $14,000. They starting draining the fluids immediately. It was purchased by them as a flood vehicle on the paperwork I signed. Don't know if it will be sold by them or auctioned. More concerned with removing contents now from my sisters flooded house. Would like to know where my "old" camaro goes when repaired. Thank-you for all the info on camaro5. For anyone on this site who said things like "somethings fishy- I hope you didnt lose elec., tv, sewer service, your house, your furniture, pictures, trees,appliances, clothes, food, heat, water, pets or family members. Yes, It was stupid to not have full coverage- but please don't say I'm full of it. Thank-you- Ex- 2013 SS RS Conv. owner
:( Well, you learned a very expensive lesson. That said, I know a lot of people down in Jersey & New York who believe they are able to take care of their own.. this storm was too big for them and you. Take care of your family, friends & neighbors. I know it sucks, but be glad thats all you lost

Good Luck
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #143
GNVenom
Turbos. Turbos. Turbos.

Drives: 2010 SS Yellow/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77rs View Post
Well, I sold the car today to the same dealer I bought it from- $14,000. They starting draining the fluids immediately. It was purchased by them as a flood vehicle on the paperwork I signed. Don't know if it will be sold by them or auctioned. More concerned with removing contents now from my sisters flooded house. Would like to know where my "old" camaro goes when repaired. Thank-you for all the info on camaro5. For anyone on this site who said things like "somethings fishy- I hope you didnt lose elec., tv, sewer service, your house, your furniture, pictures, trees,appliances, clothes, food, heat, water, pets or family members. Yes, It was stupid to not have full coverage- but please don't say I'm full of it. Thank-you- Ex- 2013 SS RS Conv. owner
You did the right thing. It would be an exercise in futility to try and make the car right. The electrical system would have been a disaster, the interior musty smell will NEVER disappear even after replacing every single item in the interior - including door panels, dash, carpeting and padding, seats and so on. The odor will never leave the car - I've been thru that - with rain water, and not salt water. The salt is a major deal breaker. Cut your losses, take it on the chin, and don't look back.

Caspers Electronics Inc.
Loveland CO
2010 2SS/RS Yellow/Black > http://www.bummlbe.com
GNVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #144
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
This seems fishy..... Literally.
Hmmmmmmmmm
Old 11-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #145
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
This is coming from an ex LEO lol...I would get a tow truck...get new insurance...toss it in a lake...say you lost control...then get it covered lol. I'd rather get charged with insurance fraud than going 40 grand in debt.
From last month - didn't work for this LEO.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/23...nded-over.html
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #146
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
sorry to hear about your car! mine was in a garage in Deal,NJ....somehow it saw no water, miracles do happen. but my home in NY got destroyed...sandy wasn't all that nice