Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #99
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
But it WON"T JUST BE GM. It will be everyone.

Yes rich people will go buy premium German they do now. That won't change. But those premium German brands will ultimately have to meet the same CAFE standards too.

The issue for me isn't whether or not there will be a 4 cylinder. And for those questioning a 4 cylinder in a Camaro?

If you can get the performance you might just see it.

If all a Camaro is to you is a "thing" that happens to have 8 cylinders then you will likely be dissapointed in 2025.

But here is the deal. In order to AVERAGE 54.5 under the new footprint guidelines AND have a V8 there will have to be economical choices as well. Putting the 2.5L 4 cylinder in a Camaro is a great choice for some people. Some people want a more stylish car that is economical, easy to use, park drive etc. That is the base engine in the ATS and it drives just fine (not for a Cadillac though )

Also consider this. Chevrolet doesn't have a coupe other than the Camaro. I won't count the Corvette as it is a different animal. So Chevrolet has to get the Camaro to compete with Accord and Altima coupes. So no one should be worried about adding a 4 cyclinder to the Camaro.

So my position is simply this. If it handles, brakes and steer and goes very fast when I put my right foot down on the right pedal...................I don't care how many cylinders are there.

FUTURE SPOILER ALERT - at some point we will be discussing how we can't drive our perforamnce cars when gas is $10 per gallon. Look at the projections for the Chinese auto market lately? 30 million units by early next decade. India? Just barely getting an automobile market. Statistics show that well over half of the buyers in China and India are first time buyers. That is telling. And they will all want oil.

2nd FUTURE SPOILER ALERT - at some point this conversation will be had about eliminating gasoline or diesel and only having electric propulsion (EVs and Fuel Cells are coming). And EVs can be pretty fun to drive as well.
If Camaros are going to be the new Honda accord I don't want one. If they are going to be Altimas-- No. EV's can be pretty fun? What site are we on? You are HOPING for a prius Camaro? You can buy a Leaf or Prius right now! Why advocate for a Camaro to be one? You guys always claim V8 owners are attacking V6rs. All I see is attacks against anyone who even states they like V8's. Maybe this forum is done for me and I just need to find one where one is not ridiculed for liking LS3 and LS7 engines.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #100

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
If Camaros are going to be the new Honda accord I don't want one. If they are going to be Altimas-- No. EV's can be pretty fun? What site are we on? You are HOPING for a prius Camaro? You can buy a Leaf or Prius right now! Why advocate for a Camaro to be one? You guys always claim V8 owners are attacking V6rs. All I see is attacks against anyone who even states they like V8's. Maybe this forum is done for me and I just need to find one where one is not ridiculed for liking LS3 and LS7 engines.
Don't despair...for some reason if you don't want a 4 cylinder car to be added to the Camaro line, you're a "hater"....I see it the opposite way, no 4cyl equals Camaro "lover"...Get your beloved 4-cylinder in some other make and model of car that won't be associated with what made these Camaros something special...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #101
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
damn tree huggers... wonder when they will start throwing red paint on our cars

Edit: you can have yours just give me mine
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #102
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
And the fact would also be that if the Camaro didn't come with a V8 there would be one less Camaro owner out there "ME".

All you V6ers can talk all the "burn" crap you want, but with out the history of the V8 the history of the Camaro changes in a big way, and more then likely we wouldn't have the 5th gen we have today..

So put that in your pipe and smoke it, and STFU already nobody cares what you purchased and drive but you..

It's just a car and its your car so get in drive and enjoy..

V6ers saved the Camaro and V8, that is the dumbest yet funniest thing I have read on this Fourm!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #103
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red
They should keep the V8 but incorporate technology where the engine shuts off at stoplights and where 4 cylinders deactivate when you don't need the horsepower. That way, Camaros can keep that exhaust sound that everyone is in love with and kick the future Mustang's butt. A turbo V6 would be nice too. Anything over 400 hp is a bit excessive for daily use. Also... what happened to door panels that resisted door dings that Saturn used to put on their cars? Their cars were super lightweight, quick and great on gas mileage without all that extra steel.
IncrediblyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #104
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
And the fact would also be that if the Camaro didn't come with a V8 there would be one less Camaro owner out there "ME".

All you V6ers can talk all the "burn" crap you want, but with out the history of the V8 the history of the Camaro changes in a big way, and more then likely we wouldn't have the 5th gen we have today..

So put that in your pipe and smoke it, and STFU already nobody cares what you purchased and drive but you..

It's just a car and its your car so get in drive and enjoy..

V6ers saved the Camaro and V8, that is the dumbest yet funniest thing I have read on this Fourm!!
lol. Gotta love this big boy talk.

But seriously, nobody believes the V6 or the V8 saved the Camaro. They go hand in hand when it comes to this car. GM saved it by making it attractive this time around. Without the good looks, the car fails, and same goes for the next gen.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #105
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
Even you should admit at least to yourself that the business case for the 5th Gen Camaro would have been considerably weaker without the V6 option.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #106
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
Wow!!! Sure hope you didn't hurt yourself jumping to all of those conclusions there.

Love the LS7. If you knew my life story you might begin to understand that.

Where did you get the hoping for a Prius Camaro? We do have a $1 Million dollar Porsche Hybrid though. Is that a bad thing?

The Camaro IS a coupe. LS and LT compete against other V6 coupes in the same price range. You are missing something if you don't understand the the coupe banner is carried by the Camaro. And if all you need in a stylish coupe is a V6 for some fun and reasonable economy, then the things that this website has b**ched about for 3 years now matter. Trunk space and lift over. High belt lines and poor visibilty. Poor sightlines out the back. And as many miles as I've put on Camaro's, I have yet to try to parallel park one.

You act as if there were no Berlinettas in the Camaros past. At it's heart it is a stylish and affordable coupe. SS, IROC and Z28 versions over the years have made for some awesome cars...............based on a stylish coupe.

Would GM be better off if the Camaro was THE coupe of choice? Stealing sales from Honda and Nissan? You better believe it.

I hope you able to see the train wreck of higher and higher gas prices coming at us. And I am curious as to what that solution is from your perspective. The only way to keep a V8 powered car in the Fleet is to have far more economical choices to choose from. And if stealing sales from Honda and Nissan on the 4 and 6 cyclinder cars gets the numbers high enough then there is more room for a V8 in the Average.

Also don't you think the Camaro would have been farrrrrrrr better off at launch with an interior and ergonomics similar to the Honda and Nissan coupes? Boy I sure do.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #107
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Even you should admit at least to yourself that the business case for the 5th Gen Camaro would have been considerably weaker without the V6 option.

Norm
When are you going to realize that you're always bringing up the V6 in this argument because even you 4 cylinder supporters can't defend a 4 cylinder on it's own merits?
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #108
2010-1SS-IBM

Quote:
But it WON"T JUST BE GM. It will be everyone.
Used and refurbished. We did it in the late 70's & early 80's. History doesn't repeat, but it can rhyme.

When are you guys going to understand that buyers don't respect companies who sell "performance" cars whose main purpose is economy? And that there's always another option.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #109
2010-1SS-IBM

Quote:
I hope you able to see the train wreck of higher and higher gas prices coming at us. And I am curious as to what that solution is from your perspective. The only way to keep a V8 powered car in the Fleet is to have far more economical choices to choose from. And if stealing sales from Honda and Nissan on the 4 and 6 cyclinder cars gets the numbers high enough then there is more room for a V8 in the Average.

Also don't you think the Camaro would have been farrrrrrrr better off at launch with an interior and ergonomics similar to the Honda and Nissan coupes? Boy I sure do.
Wow, you're really selling this econo-Maro.

Anyway, the US is going through an energy boom right now. And once other countries start using fracking tech, energy worries are over.

The only thing keeping gas prices up right now is our sinking dollar. All commodity prices are up because of it.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #110
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
When are you going to realize that you're always bringing up the V6 in this argument because even you 4 cylinder supporters can't defend a 4 cylinder on it's own merits?
Because what the four is intended to cover this time around is exactly what the sixxes have been doing for the Camaro since 1967 (and the Mustang since a couple of years before that. "Entry level" to the Camaro.

Try to get past the idea that 4's are incapable of decent performance.

And for the record, I've been mentioning IL-6's as well. Not all sixxes are/were V's.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #111
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
lol. Gotta love this big boy talk.

But seriously, nobody believes the V6 or the V8 saved the Camaro. They go hand in hand when it comes to this car. GM saved it by making it attractive this time around. Without the good looks, the car fails, and same goes for the next gen.
Big boy talk? lol gotta love the V6er talk..

I agree with the good looks and I also agree both motors go hand in hand. I'm OK with it. But the whole V6 saved the V8/Camaro childish I can't believe I have a drivers license posts above are ridiculous...

Quote:

Norm
I do admit it, and as I stated I'm OK with it. I never said other wise. The only thing I said is I wouldn't be driving one if not for the V8. It's just my personal preference.

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...

Last edited by ToolFan66; 02-09-2013 at 12:16 PM.
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #112
2010-1SS-IBM

Quote:
Because what the four is intended to cover this time around is exactly what the sixxes have been doing for the Camaro since 1967 (and the Mustang since a couple of years before that. "Entry level" to the Camaro.

Try to get past the idea that 4's are incapable of decent performance.

And for the record, I've been mentioning IL-6's as well. Not all sixxes are/were V's.

Norm
The turbo 4 they're talking about is a step down from the current 6. Sorry, it's not a performer.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation