Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 08-24-2015, 01:41 AM   #421
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
The ls1 fbody couldn't outsell the mustang gt and it beat the ever living piss out of it much worse than it will now. In 1998 the realistic hp difference between the two was over 100.

Performance numbers don't do crap for the masses. To lots of us... Of course.
Overall quality, looks, ride fit and finish. Hell even proper cup holder placement are just as important. And the other gigantic factor... Price.

I love the car and it will probably rock. I still want one. But ill be shocked if it can still outsell the mustang for any considerable amount of time. Don't really care but it's funny to watch them get mad about it lol. The mustang guys want their car to be on every corner and as common as a pickup truck. As long as the camaro sells enough to stay in production ill be happy... Winning the sales race will be tough with the new pricing.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:46 AM   #422
JacekPSUr1
2013 1SS in IOM

Drives: 2013 1SS
My first thought was wow!!! That's a $4,700 price hike compared to my 2013 1SS msrp, which is a huge mark-up in my opinion.

After comparing pricing to the current 2015 Mustang GT with Performance package, I've realized that the new 2016 Camaro 1SS is a little $1,600 over in price difference, which is probably normal, as Camaros have always been a bit more pricey. With more horsepower and most likely same weight as the current Mustang, the Camaro will be a better car in every category. For one, Mustang still only gets Brembos in the front with their performance package, which is a joke! To be honest, the magnetic ride control and the RS packages alone are worth the price hike. But, at the end of the day, that's still one pricey Camaro @ $40K+ out the door for a 1SS. I think that's the hard part to swallow for most of us; which makes a big difference when we have no money to burn like some do.

The thing that sucks the most is that Camaros don't hold their value well - we all lost at least $10K when we drove our cars off the dealer lot, and I'm guessing this will be the same case with the new generation. I think the 6th gen will be a great car and it's a good value based on performance you get. I wonder if there will be a need for 1LE as the 6th gen. 1SS will be just as good if not better than a current performance package Camaro.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:59 AM   #423
bharabs

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE Summit White
With 2015 release Boss like performance was delivered in GT. But price was not hiked so much. It's just an evolution so to me it does not justify the price hike. Calculations like 1SS +1le + RS does not make sense to me.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:07 AM   #424
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soSincerious View Post
you really think chevy will come out with another performance car? they already have the camaro, SS sedan and corvette ...

is it too much to ask for a no options SS? I would love to know their reasoning behind no longer being able to build a car with the only options you want. I was blown away when I recently priced out a 2015 camaro ... all the options boxes you can check off is crazy!

what I love about my mustang is that you can get a base GT with no fancy options, just the stuff you need.

Chevy barely has a lineup of performance cars.

It's one thing I wish they would change.

Meanwhile their competition Ford has the

Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS, Raptor, Mustang, Ford GT.

Chevy has HALF that and the price point differential is enormous.

If I wanted a cheap sports car that was track ready I could spend 22k on a Fiesta St.

What does Chevy have? nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2015, 10:20 AM   #425
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
The ls1 fbody couldn't outsell the mustang gt and it beat the ever living piss out of it much worse than it will now. In 1998 the realistic hp difference between the two was over 100.

Performance numbers don't do crap for the masses. To lots of us... Of course.
Overall quality, looks, ride fit and finish. Hell even proper cup holder placement are just as important. And the other gigantic factor... Price.

I love the car and it will probably rock. I still want one. But ill be shocked if it can still outsell the mustang for any considerable amount of time. Don't really care but it's funny to watch them get mad about it lol. The mustang guys want their car to be on every corner and as common as a pickup truck. As long as the camaro sells enough to stay in production ill be happy... Winning the sales race will be tough with the new pricing.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:49 AM   #426
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Update:

See full pricing here (1LT, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS, options + packages):

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420633

Closed Thread