Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 08-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #127
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
What I'm also interested to see, is what the loaded V6 or T4 with options could cost?

We all know that a 2LT V6 is going to cost at least 30K. Maybe a bit more? Before I decided on a 1SS I was really leaning towards a loaded 2LT V6, with the configurable display, NPP, and automatic.

I'm betting that will push 34 or 35 grand.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #128
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Pricing

Wow, I can't believe how many forum members are bad mouthing GM and Camaro. As far as I'm concerned the prices are fair and reasonable. Maybe a little high, but I can live with it. Maybe the ones yelling loudest should buy a Mustang. By all means. Go check out the Mustang GT 350 for sticker shock. I for one would much prefer a Camaro 2SS over the Mustang GT. It is what it is!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #129
LSxWittles

Drives: Stuff and Things
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Regardless, these will sell like hot cakes.
That they will. Although I am not a fan of the price increase I am still in for a 2SS lol.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #130
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
That's is a bit high, around $40k for a 2SS? But yea, you're paying for the performance increase. And as one person mentioned it's only going to go up until V8s go out to extinction in mass production vehicles. I'm going to say min price of 2017 Z? is $65-$70k

Also the reason why ppl will complain about price increases is simple. Inflation goes up but it fails to take ppls salaries into consideration. Your salary NEVER goes up with inflation. It always stays the same or maybe a raise 3 yrs after you wanted a particular item. They need to increase wages across the board and no I don't mean min wage. That's the last thing that needs increases.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:44 AM   #131
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
I get that the 1SS has a lot of awesome standard features. BUT what about the people that want a cheap V8? You really don't have that option. Although I suppose GM did their homework and figured that most of the SS's that they sell are 2SS's anyways? The thing I'm curious to see is how the marketing is going to go. Ford being able to "look like" they're severely undercutting the competition.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #132
grkjet

Drives: 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia/2022 LT1 otw
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
What I'm also interested to see, is what the loaded V6 or T4 with options could cost?

We all know that a 2LT V6 is going to cost at least 30K. Maybe a bit more? Before I decided on a 1SS I was really leaning towards a loaded 2LT V6, with the configurable display, NPP, and automatic.

I'm betting that will push 34 or 35 grand.
Just configured a 2015 2LT with the starting price of $30, 200. If you add the RS package, automatic transmission, and NPP you're looking at $34,040.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the 2016 2LT will cost 35,000 or slightly more.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #133
68fbjjz109

Drives: 15 GTPP, CUCV Blazer
I wonder if the change in place of manufacture has anything to do with the price increase; as the car is now being built in Michigan?

It will be very interesting to see the final weight, and the comparisons late this fall.

Ford excels on the strategic side of building affordable cars. It has alot to do with why the Mustang is still all steel, furthermore Ford generally does a notable amount carryover power trains options to lessen new capital investment and ease the price on new models.

We have a new Camaro, and two new powertrains it does cost money.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:48 AM   #134
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
Wow, I can't believe how many forum members are bad mouthing GM and Camaro. As far as I'm concerned the prices are fair and reasonable. Maybe a little high, but I can live with it. Maybe the ones yelling loudest should buy a Mustang. By all means. Go check out the Mustang GT 350 for sticker shock. I for one would much prefer a Camaro 2SS over the Mustang GT. It is what it is!
I don't see anyone bashing or bad mouthing GM. There are some of us here that like the Camaro but don't worship at the altar of any one particular brand of car. A percentage of us in that group are disappointed in the pricing and being vocal about it. Thats nothing to get upset about.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:48 AM   #135
Enders

Drives: 2015 Mustang
I'm kind of bummed out on the 1SS price. Was hoping to upgrade to a V8 (don't care if it's Mustang or Camaro, I'm not a brand zealot) in a year or so, and the Camaro was a big contender.

Comparing current prices, I can get a GT PP for $33.5k (including destination charges with X-Plan, which is easy to get) vs $37.3k for the 1SS. Unless there is something similar to X-Plan for the Camaro that I'm not aware of, it's an almost $4k difference.

It's possible the 2017 Mustang will add some options to keep up with the Camaro so that could be an option too. Guess I'll wait and see what the prices/options are like in a year and decide from there.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #136
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
Because a lot of us are not blind followers. That's quite the gap between its main competition that's already selling better than the Camaro.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #137
68fbjjz109

Drives: 15 GTPP, CUCV Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enders View Post
I'm kind of bummed out on the 1SS price. Was hoping to upgrade to a V8 (don't care if it's Mustang or Camaro, I'm not a brand zealot) in a year or so, and the Camaro was a big contender.

Comparing current prices, I can get a GT PP for $33.5k (including destination charges with X-Plan, which is easy to get) vs $37.3k for the 1SS. Unless there is something similar to X-Plan for the Camaro that I'm not aware of, it's an almost $4k difference.

It's possible the 2017 Mustang will add some options to keep up with the Camaro so that could be an option too. Guess I'll wait and see what the prices/options are like in a year and decide from there.
At some point you are going to have to decide to draw that line in the sand. There will always be a Mustang that is faster than a Camaro, followed by an even faster Camaro.

Although I have alot of concerns over the motor. I would say the 6 gen is Camaro has a pretty sound foundation to work from.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #138
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
To try a get a closer comparison, I built a 1SS using the 2015 "build your own". I added the freight, RS package, and Rear Vision package since this is all standard on the 2016 and the total is $36,345. That's only $950 less than the posted price for the 2016 1SS. Not all that bad when you consider how much else is standard.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

Old 08-21-2015, 11:59 AM   #139
Enders

Drives: 2015 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68fbjjz109 View Post
At some point you are going to have to decide to draw that line in the sand. There will always be a Mustang that is faster than a Camaro, followed by an even faster Camaro.

Although I have alot of concerns over the motor. I would say the 6 gen is Camaro has a pretty sound foundation to work from.
Definitely, I understand that. I'm not trying to be king of the road or anything, no point trying to be the fastest when you're stuck behind Priuses and Corollas all day.

I just really want a nice V8 growl, but at a reasonable price. Although I will say the Camaro definitely has the better manual transmission vs the MT-82 in the Mustang, so that's something to consider too.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:59 AM   #140
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enders View Post

I just built a 15 GT PP for 35.7k with 0 options and a manual. That's 1600 between the 1ss

Closed Thread