Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #1
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
When is the "best" time to order a car?

Do you guys think ordering a 2016 immediately would result in a "worsely" built car than say waiting, 6 months and buying one after they have worked out all the production kinks. Or would ordering one right away where they are more carefully looking at them be better? Or is there not a noticeable difference?
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
The Tinkerer

Drives: Not what I want!
My cousin bought a 2010 MY in 2009. She has had a lot of trouble with it. Most likely not the norm but i would say the risk would be higher having something go wrong. Even something just one off.
The Tinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
MemBluff23

Drives: 19 Camaro SS
I have always heard it better to wait a few months after productions has started, but I don't know if I can lol.
MemBluff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemBluff23 View Post
I have always heard it better to wait a few months after productions has started, but I don't know if I can lol.
This....as time goes on they catch things and they adjust the process on the factory line.

But I'm in the same boat...don't know if I can wait. The one good reason I MAY end up waiting a few months to order is b/c the availability sounds like it won't be until late fall or winter for that matter....which means I won't be driving the car much if at all for awhile. May just wait to order and get the car around March......but damn it kills me to think about waiting that long to order.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:00 PM   #5
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
I'm probably going to be ordering the day it becomes available to order
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:19 PM   #6
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
GM hasn't been doing great with first year production recently. Colorado and Canyon are having a fair share of issues. So are the 2015 fullsize SUVs, including the new 8 speed auto where they're having to replace many transmissions. Hopefully that doesn't affect the Camaro.

With the Camaro being built at a plant that is currently Cadillac only, hopefully the Camaro production benefits from this.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:19 PM   #7
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
honeslty it just depends on the deal. most places won't do good pricing on a new model until demand comes down.

I ordered a 2012 zl1 at MSRP because I could not find anybody who would discount. when My order got pushed to first week of 2013 production I got them to go supplier price as I threatned to walk and buy a GT500. I am sure people with late year 13's or 14's did better than that.

once a dealer will do supplier or invoice - incentives if you want the car that is a decent time to order. before that it not smart finacially but cars are not good investements anyway.

MSRP is hard for me to consider and I will never pay .01 of ADM. twice in my life I was willing to pay MSRP it just turned out in the long run I didn't end up doing so due to order delays.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:32 PM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
GM hasn't been doing great with first year production recently. Colorado and Canyon are having a fair share of issues. So are the 2015 fullsize SUVs, including the new 8 speed auto where they're having to replace many transmissions. Hopefully that doesn't affect the Camaro.

With the Camaro being built at a plant that is currently Cadillac only, hopefully the Camaro production benefits from this.
Just about every new vehicle, engine, or transmission has some teething issues. Collecitively, owners will subject their vehicles to more miles in a couple of months than any automaker could hope to accumulate in years of testing. Cars are the most complicated consumer product thats mass produced. With a new design, problems are inevitable. Thats part of the reason why cars come with a warranty. Any issues that come up early on will get fixed by GM. And if the problem takes 5 or 6 years to develop ... waiting a couple months isn't going to make a difference anyway.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:23 PM   #9
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
I'm probably going to be ordering the day it becomes available to order
That's what I did with my '10 SS. Built for me the 1st week of August '09 and no problems.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #10
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Bought my 10 SS in July 09 and I had a lot of problems. I'm waiting for '17 MY to make sure the initial bugs are ironed out.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:01 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
If you like, you can look through this thread on Camaro5 to see the reliability history of the 5th gen. Seems like the chances of getting a lemon, even in the first year, were pretty slim compared to getting a perfect car.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:13 PM   #12
dirtdog67
Menehune

Drives: Currently: 2010 Camaro
I have one of that "first batch" of Camaros ordered in 2008. Even though he spent a little while in "Area 51," in Oshawa, with sunroof issues, I have absolutely no complaints with my Camaro. I am seriously considering ordering as soon as I can 😊
Old 05-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #13
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
When you are fortunate enough to have a vehicle and be in a position to wait on a vehicle to be made with your finances lined up.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:40 PM   #14
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
I have an allocation secured according to my dealer. If I like what I see saturday , I have no problem ordering my car at the beginning of the build cycle.