Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-22-2015, 10:09 PM   #43
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
Dont assume I havent already. 2010 SS cars on the top end with low miles sell in the low 20's. And I'm talking about fully loaded 2SS models at that. I've looked up many in the 35-50k mi range in the upper teens. But if you consider that great resale......

To me it wouldnt be worth trading the car in. If you put a lot into it. Keep it, enjoy it, buy something else as well if you can afford to. The amount the dealerships will low ball you on the trade just isnt worth all that much (to me).
Bad resale compared to what? Camaro resale value is actually very good.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:25 PM   #44
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
When I traded my SS for my ZL1 I only had to transfer only $500 difference after trade to the negotiated price of the ZL1.

... and I didn't even test drive it cuz I knew I would fall in love with it!
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:49 PM   #45
jbird76

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE
I had two test driving experiences in the last week. I test drove a z28 at a dealer, and it was quite amazing. It was much more road friendly than I expected. I wouldnt hesitate using one as a DD. Then I went to the local dealer and test drove a ZL1. When we got in the guy said, "well we are only going to go around the block, don't want to put too many miles on this" it had 150 miles on it already and the entries block was under construction with torn up pavement and narrow lanes. I just laughed and told him that was a joke. Just don't let the car out on test drives rather than get in the car and tell them you can drive 1/8 of a mile in construction.
jbird76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:59 AM   #46
markas214

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 SIM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Dude,
Just throw a whipple and 1LE setup on your car for about $10K and be faster than that ZL1. My buddy did and he's got more power than the ZL1 puts down and that's without any other mods. I know it will never be a ZL1 and there are things the ZL1 still will have that you won't but yours is pretty low mileage and in great shape. You'll spend way less without getting lowballed for a trade. It's what I plan to do.

J
That's what I'm thinking. Not wanting to finance 30k when I can make mine faster and handle better for half that. Actually 1/4 would get me close enough. Same with trading for a 2016.
markas214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #47
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
The dealer would probably give you more if you are trading it on another new camaro.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:33 AM   #48
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
That's what I'm thinking. Not wanting to finance 30k when I can make mine faster and handle better for half that. Actually 1/4 would get me close enough. Same with trading for a 2016.
You'll never have the robust drivetrain the ZL1's have......once you get used to the additional HP the S/C has added you'll start driving it hard. The stock SS tranny and drive train will not hold up as well or as long as the ZL1's. Good luck..

Let's not start with the mag ride as well....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #49
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I know that you dont think so but $22k for a trade in value is pretty good considering your Camaro is goin on 6 years old...
Agree....we all know private sales may get you more but you have to be able to put up with the "tire kickers" and test drivers, then if they can get bank approval for a loan (unless you luck out and get that right buyer w/cash).

I traded my black '14 2SS w/13k miles for my new '15 ZL1 in Feb. We ended up at $28K for my SS....but they also went down to invoice on the ZL1. Could I have gotten more w/a private party sale - sure but I didn't want to go through that.

The dealer did list my SS on their web site for $31k and it was gone about a month later. Not sure what it actually sold for.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #50
honjhb

Drives: ford
Had this discussion recently. Their trade-in was a tad low, but closer to what you can expect from any dealer than what KBB says. You might be able to get them up more, especially if the price on the ZL1 already has a bit of markup in it.
honjhb is offline   Reply With Quote