Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 04-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
Fish2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS
Best time to buy?

Hey all,

I'm new to the world of Camaro. Looking to buy a 2017 2SS, specifically in either white, silver, arctic blue, or maybe the FIFTY. Wondering when's a good time to buy in terms of price? Can I expect the price to drop a grand or two if I wait til July/August?

Also is the Conquest incentive offer typically year round?

Thanks!
Fish2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:40 PM   #2
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Got a good price on a 2016 last December (had to search online, but found an awesome deal). A friend of mine got a good deal on one that October, though the incentives started rolling in that third quarter. Depends on the inventory left. Out going model tends to drop in price, especially after the New Year and inventory is low. Each dealer is different in my experience. You might even find a 2018 at a good price if you search hard enough. Take your time though. I absolutely adore my loaded 2LT, but had I took a deep breath I could have popped the cherry on a 2SS for about the same price, had I only been prepared.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:41 PM   #3
VCSRT

Drives: Jeep
I'm back at it, ironically I was getting quoted better deals on 2017s last September than I am now...
VCSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:18 AM   #4
datboi448

Drives: 2013 2LT RS, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish2SS View Post
Hey all,

I'm new to the world of Camaro. Looking to buy a 2017 2SS, specifically in either white, silver, arctic blue, or maybe the FIFTY. Wondering when's a good time to buy in terms of price? Can I expect the price to drop a grand or two if I wait til July/August?

Also is the Conquest incentive offer typically year round?

Thanks!
Yes conquest is usually always offered to mustang owners
Old 04-16-2017, 05:35 AM   #5
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Start looking now I last month GM was offering better incentives then April, the other issue is I am starting to see a lack of inventory for what I was looking for (HBM 2SS Convertible, A8, black leather, NPP).

If you are not set on a color and options you should be fine waiting, but I my area the pickings are getting slim. Becky D up at Rodgers Chevrolet had exactly what I was looking for at a good price so I flew up to Michigan and drove my new SS home.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:03 AM   #6
monkeychops

Drives: 2016 V6 6 speed
be willing to travel up to 150 miles
don't get set on anything really specific other than engine transmission
look near the end of the summer
USE THE INTERNET.

I bought 2LT v6 6 speed for 28% off the sticker when 2017s were sitting on the lot
had to catch a ride 2 counties over to buy it.....but I got an awesome deal.
monkeychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:56 AM   #7
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
From what I Have seen and read - pretty much anytime if you contact Becky at Rogers Chevrolet in Michigan (Forum Sponsor). Recently, there was a guy who flew all the way from Florida to pick up his car he ordered from her. If I lived in the U.S., she would have been my Number 1 choice......Hands down....

Just putting it out there......

Edit: Just found the Thread: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491305
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:08 AM   #8
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeychops View Post
be willing to travel up to 150 miles
don't get set on anything really specific other than engine transmission
look near the end of the summer
USE THE INTERNET.

I bought 2LT v6 6 speed for 28% off the sticker when 2017s were sitting on the lot
had to catch a ride 2 counties over to buy it.....but I got an awesome deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
From what I Have seen and read - pretty much anytime if you contact Becky at Rogers Chevrolet in Michigan (Forum Sponsor). Recently, there was a guy who flew all the way from Florida to pick up his car he ordered from her. If I lived in the U.S., she would have been my Number 1 choice......Hands down....

Edit: Just found the Thread: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491305
Don't let the miles turn you away I am the one who picked up my 2017 from Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet in Michigan and drove it home 1152 miles to Orlando, FL.

Well worth the trip I would do it again in a heart beat. Becky is hands down the best.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:51 AM   #9
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
The auto industry as a whole typically starts to offer better incentives around October. The Holiday months pile up at the end of the year and it's harder to get people into dealerships to sell cars since they are out shopping or doing Holiday things, and they will have to clear out current inventory to make room for new model year vehicles and still make sales quotas. Of course YMMV.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:52 AM   #10
Fish2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS
Thanks all, I'm not in a rush so I may wait til late summer / early fall. My biggest concern is that I won't be able to find what I'm looking for the longer I wait. I'm pretty dead set on the exterior color & having performance exhaust.
Fish2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:22 AM   #11
CAM-FIFTY

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish2SS View Post
Thanks all, I'm not in a rush so I may wait til late summer / early fall. My biggest concern is that I won't be able to find what I'm looking for the longer I wait. I'm pretty dead set on the exterior color & having performance exhaust.
You can read my first journey thread how I found my red hot last year. It's very true available inventory trims down pretty quickly and could be hard to find a specific color/options car that time.
But Chevy chat is your best bet, they'll find you the exact car if available on a lot coast to coast. I was able to track every red hot that was available that time from Boston to Arizona and was able to convince a dealer to tag one. Good luck with your search!
CAM-FIFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:23 PM   #12
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
diver chevrolet - best time to buy

Diver Chevrolet in Wilmington. Delaware has a non commissioned sales staff. Been in business since 1915...I bought a 2017 Camaro. got a great deal and a great trade in...See salesman Scott Fisher or speak to Doug Diver himself. They will work with you. They "love to move metal"...Tell them Mr. Nagg sent you! Good luck!
Attached Images

rburke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:14 PM   #13
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
If you order or buy out-of-town or out-of-state, be sure you include the splash guards in the deal so that you don't get a bunch of rock chips on your trip home.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #14
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post

Unless you live in CA. They won't let you register a brand new car bought out of state until it has a certain amount of miles. I've seen as good deals locally in CA as anyplace else.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote