#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 04-26-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
JAZ

Drives: 86 Mustang GT Convertible
Mustang vs. Planet

Ford Mustang, the Best Selling Sports Car Globally for 2016
SURGE IN EXPORTS MAKES FORD MUSTANG BEST-SELLING SPORTS CAR ON THE PLANET FOR 2016
  • Ford Mustang, top-selling sports car in the U.S. over the last 50 years, became best-selling sports car in the world in 2016, according to Ford analysis of IHS Markit global automotive registration data in the sports car segment
  • International markets fuel Mustang sales growth in 2016, with global sales up 6 percent over 2015; number of Mustangs exported is doubling every year, with more than 98,000 total cars shipped to customers outside of U.S. since 2015, according to Ford data
  • Once only available in North America, Mustang is now sold in 140 countries; six more countries to be added this year
  • New Mustang arrives this fall with sleeker design, more advanced technology and improved performance
https://youtu.be/PgX1gFivR68

DEARBORN, Mich., April 25, 2017 – Ford Mustang has been the best-selling sports car in the United States over the last 50 years, and now, thanks to growth in international markets, the iconic pony car is the most popular sports car in the world, according to Ford analysis of IHS Markit new vehicle registration data in the sports car segment.

Mustang expanded its sales lead in 2016 as the world’s best-selling sports car with more than 150,000 Mustangs sold, according to IHS Markit new vehicle registration data. Overall global sales increased 6 percent over 2015, fueled by international market growth up 101 percent with almost 45,000 Mustang vehicles sold outside the United States.

Mustang’s ascension to best-selling sports car in the world in 2016 was driven largely by continued global rollout that saw big sales gains in Germany and China, as well as the car’s introduction to smaller nations such as New Caledonia, Gibraltar and Bonaire. Since launching in China in 2015, Mustang has become the best-selling sports car in the world’s biggest auto market. Sales in 2016 were up 74 percent over 2015, according to HIS Markit new vehicle registrations.

“The legacy of Mustang continues to grow, and in places it never reached before,” said Mark Schaller, Ford Mustang marketing manager. “We continue to make it available in new markets, and drivers in those markets continue to respond with resounding approval.”

For decades many global Mustang enthusiasts went to great lengths to get their hands on Ford’s fast, fun and affordable sports car. Recognizing this passion, Ford decided that in 2015 it would take its iconic Mustang to markets across the world.

Ford’s data shows more than 395,000 sixth-generation Mustangs have been produced at Flat Rock Assembly Plant since 2015 and of that, 98,000 have been shipped to customers outside of the United States. From 2015 to 2016, Ford doubled the percentage of exports to 17.5 percent and the company expects export growth to continue, reaching 30 percent for the 2017 Mustang.

Mustang – with more than 8.4 million likes – is the most-liked vehicle on Facebook. It is now available in 140 countries across all continents other than Antarctica. This year, availability of the 2018 Mustang will expand to six new countries, including Brazil, the Palau Islands and the Ivory Coast, with three additional markets announced later.

For 2018, worldwide Mustang fans will see a more athletic look highlighted by new front and rear design, more advanced technologies such as an available 12-inch all-digital instrument panel, and the availability of improved performance features such as an all-new 10-speed automatic transmission, MagneRide™ damping system and new active valve performance exhaust system.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...on-planet.html

21 MUSTANG IMAGES FROM AROUND THE WORLD

NORTH AMERICA:

NORWAY:

PORTUGAL:

SCOTLAND:

SOUTH AFRICA:

SWEDEN:

SWITZERLAND:

AUSTRALIA:

AUSTRIA:

BELGIUM:

DUBAI:

CHINA:

ENGLAND:

FRANCE:

GERMANY:

CAMBODIA:

INDIA:

IRELAND:

LAOS:

MALAYSIA:

NEW CALEDONIA:

JAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #2
KyleL

Drives: Slow
At least they'll be the fastest car around somewhere now....
Old 04-26-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleL View Post
At least they'll be the fastest car around somewhere now....
lol.. I love to eat them. Yum!
Attached Images

2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
I noticed very few of them are moving. I guess that is normal.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:43 PM   #5
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i just dont dig the catfish grille.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:03 PM   #6
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
*according to Ford.........
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:12 PM   #7
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
I sense an inferiority complex. It's ok OP, you are welcome here. No need to act like a bully. Welcome!!
Old 04-27-2017, 11:50 AM   #8
JAZ

Drives: 86 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
I sense an inferiority complex. It's ok OP, you are welcome here. No need to act like a bully. Welcome!!
Thanks for being kind.
I struggled with whether or not to post this on this site. Since the article did not take any shots at other brands, I figured that this information might be of interest to Camaro fans just to know what is going on overseas.
JAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #9
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZ View Post
Thanks for being kind.
I struggled with whether or not to post this on this site. Since the article did not take any shots at other brands, I figured that this information might be of interest to Camaro fans just to know what is going on overseas.
yeah but the butthurt will go into overload.

BONE STOCK
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:50 AM   #10
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Interesting, I thought the Camaro was selling better for a few years with the 5th gen, but Ford claims 50 years of being the best selling sports car in the U.S.?
Old 04-28-2017, 12:13 PM   #11
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
Interesting, I thought the Camaro was selling better for a few years with the 5th gen, but Ford claims 50 years of being the best selling sports car in the U.S.?
1977, 78, 82, 83, 84, 85, 91, 2010, and 2011 the Camaro outsold the Mustang. So yeah, Ford is being a bit sensationalist.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:31 PM   #12
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Mustang's suck. People that buy them are also suckers!

Oh, so based on the numbers above me, since the Mustang/Camaro debuted, that means the mustang outsold the Camaro 41/50 years. Right?
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:07 PM   #13
bayarea408

Drives: T
would it be fair to factor in the Firebird or Trans Am's? they are basically camaro's sorta kinda, might be stepping on some toes about this.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:28 PM   #14
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
They are rental fleet kings. Go to any airport in the USA.

They also do well overseas due to taxation based on displacement since the Camaro is already more expensive before the penalty.

The older Rustangs aren't bad, but the new catfish ones are butt ugly. 5th gen Camaro is still the best looking of both lines.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote