Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #1
crossroaddemons

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro
Order status updates Auto vs Manual

How do order status codes get processed? Does the system update the codes from one event to the next automatically or does a worker have to input the event as completed before it reflects anywhere when performing a search?

I have a TPW of 4/17. Is it possible the car is built and simply not showing?

Event code is 3400 I heard another member was at 3400 in the system but the car was already in transit to the dealer.
crossroaddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #2
Smuuth

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1
Post your order number in the linked thread and Becky will tell you your status. It updates in the evening. http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251
Smuuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #3
crossroaddemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuuth View Post
Post your order number in the linked thread and Becky will tell you your status. It updates in the evening. http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251
Thanks but that's not what I'm asking. I have used GMs chat line and Becky has been kind enough to check for me too. I'm not looking to burden her further though she is always eager to help.

I'm asking if status movement is dependent on someone manually entering the event code. The Lansing plant is capable of producing several hundred cars a day. It seems to me that would require a number of workers to enter all that info daily for every cars status to be updated. Does anyone know if this is the case?
Old 04-20-2017, 02:35 PM   #4
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
If your car is still 3400 it did not get built yet.... most work stations on the line have a bar code scanner or torque guns to verify everything was installed correctly..... as it goes down the line, it will progress.... If I remember correctly you are a Krypton Green order? If so that may be the reason..... they may have had an issue with that color and didn't poduce your car yet.... you may get shuffled in with the other KG cars with later TPW's....
Old 04-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #5
crossroaddemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueX2 View Post
If your car is still 3400 it did not get built yet.... most work stations on the line have a bar code scanner or torque guns to verify everything was installed correctly..... as it goes down the line, it will progress.... If I remember correctly you are a Krypton Green order? If so that may be the reason..... they may have had an issue with that color and didn't poduce your car yet.... you may get shuffled in with the other KG cars with later TPW's....
Exactly correct. KG ZL1 and as mentioned there are some other members some with KG and those without which were all scheduled for 4/18. No one I'm aware of in that group has seen any progress yet though today is still just Thursday. Still looking forward to seeing a vin. It helps knowing the movement is controlled somewhat by the scanning process which would show where the car is at any moment in time. I imagine if we get around to next Monday with no movement we will have to assume the order didn't make it into that batch of production despite the forecast date of 4/17.