Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-19-2017, 07:46 PM   #1
jamoka3

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS (2SS, A8, NPP MRC)
Question Its Official! I will be getting the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS ( Trim 2SS.Auto)

Hey guys.
Its Official! Credit check passed, Lease agreement drawn up ill be getting my NEW 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS ( Trim 2SS. A8) TOMORROW

I have some questions before I go and sign the lease agreement tomorrow when i pick up the car.
Now I know the dealer is going to throw all kinds of "added coverage" Like windshield protection, rim and tire protection etc.

*What is actually worth listening too, and what is a bunch of crap?

Just some insight:
My lease is 39 Months / 12k miles a year. I have two other cars ( 2016 Silverado Z71, and wifeys 2015 BMW X1) so the Camaro SS will probably only see 5-7k miles a year, so I'm not at all worried about miles.
Also if i fall in love with this car (highly likely) ill probably end up buying it out before my lease is up.
jamoka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
Cameron27

Drives: 2015 2SS

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Cameron27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:57 PM   #3
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
I wouldn't get any of that extra crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron27 View Post
Chevy covers 3 years warranty on the car. Any additional protection that isn’t covered by warranty or car insurance is just a waste of money.
Don't forget Chevy covers the powertrain under warranty at 5yr/60mo

Past:
2022 Tesla S Plaid
2020 Shelby GT500 sold
2019 Hellcat Redeye-traded for new GT500
2019 ZL1 A10 - sold (meh)
2019 Tesla M3P
2016 Hellcat Challenger - A8 sold but never forgotten
2016 Camaro 2SS M6
2014 Mustang GT A6
2012 Mustang GT M6 "brembo" 3.73/FBO
2012 Camaro SS L99 (Wife's)
- slow

Last edited by L99BEN; 10-20-2017 at 12:04 AM.
L99BEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:41 PM   #4
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Personally would not buy the car before the lease is up. If that truly is your thought, maybe you should reconsider buying now before signing the lease agreement. If you do lease, wait and see if the residual is less/more than what the buyout is at the end of the term. If the car is worth more than your buyout, purchase then.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:53 AM   #5
jamoka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Personally would not buy the car before the lease is up. If that truly is your thought, maybe you should reconsider buying now before signing the lease agreement. If you do lease, wait and see if the residual is less/more than what the buyout is at the end of the term. If the car is worth more than your buyout, purchase then.

Current Residual on the car was set at 53% (for 39 months/ 12k a year.) So ill probably end up buying it out at lease end or around the 36 month mark, but i cant say for sure now? Also who knows what i may want next. That's why a lease was a better choice this time, because in 3 years I can decide to trade it in for a upgrade or keep it. Either way the car will only have less then 25k miles based on the average miles I drive a year, at lease end.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 AM   #6
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I bought the tire & wheel protection package. It's already paid off. Detroit potholes are a B!tc#. Replaced my front passenger side tire because of broken belts, most likely due to a pothole.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:19 AM   #7
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Congrats!! What color? Stripe package?

Oh, and
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:46 AM   #8
jamoka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I bought the tire & wheel protection package. It's already paid off. Detroit potholes are a B!tc#. Replaced my front passenger side tire because of broken belts, most likely due to a pothole.
Mind me asking what they charged for the tire and rim package coverage...I have no idea what it should cost. I live in NJ, roads are trash here too..
Old 10-20-2017, 07:49 AM   #9
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
I wouldn't get any of that extra crap.

Don't forget Chevy covers the powertrain under warranty at 5yr/60mo
I agree. CONGRATS on your new ride!! Post up some pics!!!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:52 AM   #10
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Check your car insurance - it may have road and tire protection (as well as towing, etc) as part of the policy but may also have a deductible.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:54 AM   #11
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
If it is going to be a weekend track/fun 7k a year car, Chevy has a base model V8 coming apparently. You could prob just buy it instead of leasing the higher end model.

Just throwing an Idea out. I had a 2002 stripper Z28 for 14 years.. sold it with aound 25k on it. Lived in my garage, I never missed not having the toys in it.

Every time it came out it was driven hard and fast. It was a toy.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:19 AM   #12
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
I did F&I for a couple of years in a GM dealership. My advice:

Get the wheel/tire protection for sure. I used mine on a runflat tire (screw in the tire) on my 18 Camaro with only 75 miles on the car. I already got my money back on that program and have 4 years 11 months left. They should have shorter terms available for leases. Ours has dent/ding and windshield protection as part of the package with wheel/tire.

Add XS Wear and Tear https://www.gmfinancial.com/Docs/xs-wear.pdf
Without it you'll pay for wear and tear outside of what they consider normal.

GM Financial has GAP built in so you won't even hear about that one. I'm assuming it's through GM Financial as most GM leases are.

If you do plan to buy the car after the lease you may look into an extended service contract. It will cost a lot less with a new vehicle purchase. I personally have the 6yr/60k GMEPP Platinum (for Chevy it's the Chevrolet Protection Plan) $100 deduct on my '18 SS. This is the official GM plan. I prefer this one over aftermarket plans.

Powertrain is covered for 5yr/60k but not everything else. Most F&I Managers won't even push these on a lease so you may have to ask for it.

They also have a nice maintenance program under the Chevrolet Protection Plan. You may look into that as well.
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:29 AM   #13
jamoka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMotoring View Post
I did F&I for a couple of years in a GM dealership. My advice:

Get the wheel/tire protection for sure. I used mine on a runflat tire (screw in the tire) on my 18 Camaro with only 75 miles on the car. I already got my money back on that program and have 4 years 11 months left. They should have shorter terms available for leases. Ours has dent/ding and windshield protection as part of the package with wheel/tire.

Add XS Wear and Tear https://www.gmfinancial.com/Docs/xs-wear.pdf
Without it you'll pay for wear and tear outside of what they consider normal.

GM Financial has GAP built in so you won't even hear about that one. I'm assuming it's through GM Financial as most GM leases are.

If you do plan to buy the car after the lease you may look into an extended service contract. It will cost a lot less with a new vehicle purchase. I personally have the 6yr/60k GMEPP Platinum (for Chevy it's the Chevrolet Protection Plan) $100 deduct on my '18 SS. This is the official GM plan. I prefer this one over aftermarket plans.

Powertrain is covered for 5yr/60k but not everything else. Most F&I Managers won't even push these on a lease so you may have to ask for it.

They also have a nice maintenance program under the Chevrolet Protection Plan. You may look into that as well.
Thanks for the input.
Any idea on pricing? what to expect for (wheel / tire , glass ,ding, dent) XS wear plan?

Last edited by jamoka3; 10-20-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #14
Navigator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
What kind of pricing were you able to get on the lease?

I'd get a 10,000 mile lease if you're driving that little.
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote