Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-16-2017, 08:57 PM   #15
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazman View Post
Hi guys

thanks for a great site.

I am very close to buying a 6th gen Camaro.
Here in Sweden we don't have that many dealers to choose from nor do we have many 6g Camaros.

I would like to have some input from well seasoned Camaro-owners

I have narrowed the choices to (yes the cars are expensive as hell).
(just the insurance will be 200USD/month).

#1 2SS @60500USD, listed for 64900USD (new) (2017)
An arctic blue, with ceramic white interior, automatic, magnetic ride, dual mode exhaust, and the optional wheels (the ones with machine face)

#2 2SS @61200USD, listed for 653200USD (new) (2017)
An silver ice metallic, with kalahari interior, automatic, sunroof, magnetic ride, dual mode exhaust, and the optional wheels (the ones with machine face)

#3 50th Anniversary @59200USD don't remember the list but I think it was somewhere around 65400-66000USD (used 2800 miles from 2017/08)
Magnetic ride, dual mode exhaust

The car will be a daily driver all year round. I am aiming to get some clear protection wrap right of the bat.

I know I should not write this here but also I am waiting for the prices on the new Mustang(the base price including performace package, digital cluster and active exhaust will be almost 57 000USD). But I think with the options I want the price will be the same as the three above but where my insurance cost will be half of the Camaro for the first three years.

From a Camaro PoV which of the three would be your pick, e.g
- The ceramic white an DD ....
- The 50th might hold value better, I am guessing there won't be that many in Sweden

Thanks alot!

Don't get any of those. Just get a 1SS, manual trans, nightfall grey with a light grey rally stripe package, dual mode exhaust and black rims. I think that's all you need.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:16 AM   #16
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Don't get any of those. Just get a 1SS, manual trans, nightfall grey with a light grey rally stripe package, dual mode exhaust and black rims. I think that's all you need.
a 1SS is not available in EU. only 2SS and the option list is short.
- A8 or M6
- sunroof yes/no
- MRC yes in combination with NPP or no without NPP
- leather color maybe

the rest is included.
- 8" Navy
- Bose
- 20" Rims
- interieur light
- Blind spot
and so on
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:25 AM   #17
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Get the 50th and then change the wheels to the charcoal color 1LE style.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:37 AM   #18
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMike View Post
i'm partial to the 50th.
X100...............
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:50 AM   #19
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices. And the roads in Sweden and southern Norway are great to drive on when it's not the dead of winter. I used to live in Fredrikstad Norway, not too far from the border & loved to get out to drive around all that beauty.

There's some fine cars in Scandinavia, I was actually surprised there were so many classic muscle cars. I'm sure you will have a great time with your Camaro!
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #20
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Buy a ZL1 and go Viking!

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:42 PM   #21
Mazman

Drives: slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMI View Post
That blue looks awesome, love the look of the white interior too, but a local dealer told me the white might takes cuffs from clothing like blue jeans, tho the issue was supposed to have been resolved by GM.

Can't go wrong with the 50th, it's just perfect. If I wasn't so in love with adrenaline red interior that'd be my first choice.

All three sound heavenly I'm sure. Happy hunting!
Yes arctic blue is more alive than the silver. But I am worried about the discoloration issue with the white

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickracenLS3 View Post
Not the greatest 3 choices...I would go with the Nightfall Grey 50th, but change the hideous wheels.
I am already stretching my budget , I need to purchase a set of winter wheels as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzySS View Post
Those are high prices! Must be all the shipping costs
It's mostly the VAT/Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPER1LE View Post
I think if I were you as a citizen of Sweden, I'd go with the 50th for future residual value, but only if you keep the mileage fairly low. But, since you mention it being a daily driver, consider either of the other two. The Artic Blue I believe will be more exclusive than Silver Ice Metallic thus making it stand out more in a crowd. Silver is such a common color across all makes and models and in my opinion blends in too much with the surroundings. On the other hand, because it is silver lends itself here in the States with slightly higher trade and resale value because it is easier to sell. If you go with the Arctic Blue with Ceramic White interior, obviously more work will be needed to keep it looking nice.
Yes I agree with you, I am just thinking even as a DD if the 50th would still hold value the best because it is so rare here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
50th if you have any taste
if I did not have any taste I wouldn't be looking at a Camaro righ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donner View Post
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Is the 50th a manual?
Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
X100...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices. And the roads in Sweden and southern Norway are great to drive on when it's not the dead of winter. I used to live in Fredrikstad Norway, not too far from the border & loved to get out to drive around all that beauty.

There's some fine cars in Scandinavia, I was actually surprised there were so many classic muscle cars. I'm sure you will have a great time with your Camaro!
Indeed we have some nice roads and some really bad ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Buy a ZL1 and go Viking!
hehehe the ZL1 is not offered here (yet) but I would guess the price would be around 120k USD

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
50 th Anniversery is just a appearance package. Not worth the extra $ in my opinion....
Yep most of it is just appearence but I am thinking of the resale value as well, might be better on the 50th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
as mentioned the 1SS is not offered in the EU.
Mazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #22
Mazman

Also the Silver and the Arctic Blue one I can buy through my company. The 50th I have to buy as a private person.

Meaning I can take all costs for service, insurance, vehicle road tax and payments through the company. It is still my money as I own the company but it will be payed with gross and not net as in the case when I purchase it as a private person. I don't want to get into how much tax we are paying over here

Just as an example for every dollar I give myself in salary I have to add another 31.4% (payments for for some insurances and so on not calculated) tax from the companys perspective as a cost. On that dollar which I get as salary I am paying almost 30%(30% however if go to the next tier on the yearly salary I have to pay an addiotional 54% on everything that is over the first tier) tax on as a private person
Old 10-17-2017, 06:42 PM   #23
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
I would like to believe the 50th Anniversary package, despite DD mileage, would hold its value well since I assume in that market it would be super rare. But, with either of the other two, you benefit from company budget gross expenditure. Whatever choice you make, I'd recommend putting good all-season or snow tires on the stock rims the car comes with for the winter months and buy yourself a 2nd set of 20" rims (20x10 front, 20x11 rear, such as manufactured by MRR) and wrap them in either the OEM Goodyear Eagle Supercar tires (285 front /305 rear) or same size equivalent from another tire manufacturer of your choice for the warmer months. Then, in those warm months with the wider wheel/tire package, go shred the Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany, the Stelvio pass in Italy, or any of the other fantastic driving roads throughout Europe at your disposal. My biggest regret: not knowing about the Nurburgring while I was stationed over there from 1989-1991. Man, what a missed opportunity. Now, should I ever go back over there to drive, especially on the Nordschleife, I'll either have to rent something (I've heard rental car company's prohibit use on "The Green Hell"), catch a ride with Sabine Schmidt, or...borrow you're ride ;-). Good luck! You'll enjoy it!
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:37 PM   #24
Mazman

Hi

yes I am mostly torn regarding the financing side of things.
However at the same time I don't want to buy one and not really feel this wasn't really the one I wanted. I would prefer to have a night fall grey with the kalahari interior. However them I need to order a new one which will cost me an additional 4900USD...

You know if I buy it on the company it would be easier finance wise to put some slick 20"s on it ...

I hear you regarding the the ring. I have only been there once but it was magical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPER1LE View Post
I would like to believe the 50th Anniversary package, despite DD mileage, would hold its value well since I assume in that market it would be super rare. But, with either of the other two, you benefit from company budget gross expenditure. Whatever choice you make, I'd recommend putting good all-season or snow tires on the stock rims the car comes with for the winter months and buy yourself a 2nd set of 20" rims (20x10 front, 20x11 rear, such as manufactured by MRR) and wrap them in either the OEM Goodyear Eagle Supercar tires (285 front /305 rear) or same size equivalent from another tire manufacturer of your choice for the warmer months. Then, in those warm months with the wider wheel/tire package, go shred the Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany, the Stelvio pass in Italy, or any of the other fantastic driving roads throughout Europe at your disposal. My biggest regret: not knowing about the Nurburgring while I was stationed over there from 1989-1991. Man, what a missed opportunity. Now, should I ever go back over there to drive, especially on the Nordschleife, I'll either have to rent something (I've heard rental car company's prohibit use on "The Green Hell"), catch a ride with Sabine Schmidt, or...borrow you're ride ;-). Good luck! You'll enjoy it!
Old 10-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #25
Mazman

How does cermaic white stack up for daily driving?
Old 10-18-2017, 12:43 PM   #26
Mazman

They also have Summit White 2SS with the adrenaline interior, magnetic ride, dual mode exchaust, auto and the machined faced wheels.

The actual combination is really nice, but I am not sure if I am man enough to have red seats
Old 10-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #27
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazman View Post
They also have Summit White 2SS with the adrenaline interior, magnetic ride, dual mode exchaust, auto and the machined faced wheels.

The actual combination is really nice, but I am not sure if I am man enough to have red seats
Sounds nice. Man up!
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:07 AM   #28
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I was also looking at one that had the white interior, but just from the demonstration rides, I could already see some blue from Jeans on the seats. I am sure it would clean off, but I too was worried about how well it would hold up for the long run of ownership.

Lycka till med ditt beslut! Skål!
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote