#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
Sinester17

Drives: 2017 Summit white ZL1 M6
Sinester17’s build

Well first things first. Hello everyone

I took delivery of my 2017 M6 white ZL1 10 days ago. My local dealer did a trade for me and soon my car showed up. With 104 miles on the clock I got in and drove off smiling from ear to ear.

Since it took 2 weeks for the car to show up, I had a few parts already arrived for what I had in mind. As I travel a lot for work, I used this forum and a few other places to start researching what I wanted the car to be and what I should expect from my mods list.

And of course, the list grew and grew and grew. And eventually turned into the following list:

Rotofab intake
Katech ported tb
Kooks 2” long tubes no cats
Corsa extreme axle back w/ black tips
Metco upper 2.31” pulley
Lingenfelter 18% crank pulley with new belt
E85 sensor
Low fuel pressure pump kit
Vengeance racing V3 cam w/ cam kit and 32% fuel lobe
AFE lowering springs
New billet lid from NX for future use with a meth kit

I installed the intake and ported tb the day after I picked it up. No way was I going to let the huge pile of boxes just sit there and stare at me every time I came in my house. the blower whine is noticeably louder!

Now that I’m out of town for work, a buddy of mine owns a local shop and will be powder coating the wheels for me and installing the lowering springs.

Since this upcoming weekend is my bday weekend, I will plan to drop the car off at MTI in Houston on the 21st and let them work their magic. I have a guess as far as what I think the car will put down, but I’ll be happy just to have that room back in my home again

I know the heads will need to be ported. The plan is to enjoy the car with what it makes until some time next year, then get the heads, charger, and snout ported and a retune.

Car will be on E85 and I’m interested as to how it will run. This will be my first car I’ve owned on the corn

I’d like opinions, good and bad on my list and guesses as to what the car will make. When I get home and get some good pics of the car I’ll post some up with the new wheel color.

I’ll try and keep this post updated as well as I can. I’m not the best at replying, but I’ll do my best.

I’ve looked at a TON of cars and none has quite my exact mods list, but are close. To say I’m excited is an understatement
Sinester17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:09 AM   #2
SK GT

Drives: 18 Colorado ZR2, 17 1LE(sold)
This is gonna be a beast. Let us know how you like the AFE springs.

What color are you doing the wheels?
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:16 AM   #3
Sinester17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK GT View Post
This is gonna be a beast. Let us know how you like the AFE springs.

What color are you doing the wheels?
Somewhere between a dirty gold and a metallic root beer

I’m hoping the springs do well. I haven’t seen Many cars with them
Old 10-10-2017, 02:02 AM   #4
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Congrats on the build. Can’t wait to hear a video of the car once the cam is installed.

When the wheels are powder coated, do they have to be blasted to the bare metal or can you powder coat over the existing finish?
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:36 AM   #5
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:39 AM   #6
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Wow! Wasted no time at all.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:25 AM   #7
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Welcome! I am from Groves, graduated from Lamar! Live in Michigan now. Nice to see (kind of) a familiar face!
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:27 AM   #8
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinester17 View Post
Well first things first. Hello everyone

I took delivery of my 2017 M6 white ZL1 10 days ago. My local dealer did a trade for me and soon my car showed up. With 104 miles on the clock I got in and drove off smiling from ear to ear.

Since it took 2 weeks for the car to show up, I had a few parts already arrived for what I had in mind. As I travel a lot for work, I used this forum and a few other places to start researching what I wanted the car to be and what I should expect from my mods list.

And of course, the list grew and grew and grew. And eventually turned into the following list:

Rotofab intake
Katech ported tb
Kooks 2” long tubes no cats
Corsa extreme axle back w/ black tips
Metco upper 2.31” pulley
Lingenfelter 18% crank pulley with new belt
E85 sensor
Low fuel pressure pump kit
Vengeance racing V3 cam w/ cam kit and 32% fuel lobe
AFE lowering springs
New billet lid from NX for future use with a meth kit

I installed the intake and ported tb the day after I picked it up. No way was I going to let the huge pile of boxes just sit there and stare at me every time I came in my house. the blower whine is noticeably louder!

Now that I’m out of town for work, a buddy of mine owns a local shop and will be powder coating the wheels for me and installing the lowering springs.

Since this upcoming weekend is my bday weekend, I will plan to drop the car off at MTI in Houston on the 21st and let them work their magic. I have a guess as far as what I think the car will put down, but I’ll be happy just to have that room back in my home again

I know the heads will need to be ported. The plan is to enjoy the car with what it makes until some time next year, then get the heads, charger, and snout ported and a retune.

Car will be on E85 and I’m interested as to how it will run. This will be my first car I’ve owned on the corn

I’d like opinions, good and bad on my list and guesses as to what the car will make. When I get home and get some good pics of the car I’ll post some up with the new wheel color.

I’ll try and keep this post updated as well as I can. I’m not the best at replying, but I’ll do my best.

I’ve looked at a TON of cars and none has quite my exact mods list, but are close. To say I’m excited is an understatement
I am guessing around 715 RWHP depending on dyno, tune and fueling issues. Also, be aware of heat spinning that blower that high. Should be a beast!
Old 10-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #9
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
2.31 and 18%? That's past recommended. You can do it, I've seen it done, no worries, but just be prepared you're going to have a lot of heat. An expansion tank/ice box will be a must. E85 will help but no too much. Since you're going to be running meth, you will be fine as long as it's installed right.

Your list is very solid, good choices of manufacturers. Kooks, Metco, Lingenfelter, Katech, Vengeance etc is all top of the line. I'd recommend Dave @ DSX/DMS tuning for your E85 sensor and pump, he's got the best in the game.

You should be well over 715 RWHP, I would say 740 RWHP. Maybe more. If you had your blower ported and your heads done you'd nearly be at 800 RWHP. If your car responds like any of the C7 Z06s I've seen get a very similar list, you'll likely be at 800 RWTQ too.

There's going to be a huge issue with your build....TRACTION, Lol! No seriously you'd better plan on some 17s or 18s with a good drag radial.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #10
Hellobatman

Drives: 2017 Ford F250, 2019 Lincoln Navi
I'm going with a very similar build, although Vengeance is doing it. They are porting the heads as well. Dropping off first week of November. I'm stoked!!
Old 10-10-2017, 12:20 PM   #11
Sinester17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
Congrats on the build. Can’t wait to hear a video of the car once the cam is installed.

When the wheels are powder coated, do they have to be blasted to the bare metal or can you powder coat over the existing finish?
I am getting them blasted, powder coated, and cleared. Once I get he car back it’s going to get a full ceramic coating job done to protect it. When’s included.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:21 PM   #12
Sinester17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
I’m currently in west texas for work. As SOON as I get back it’s getting some rolling shots done 😎
Old 10-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #13
Sinester17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ZL1Camaro View Post
I am guessing around 715 RWHP depending on dyno, tune and fueling issues. Also, be aware of heat spinning that blower that high. Should be a beast!
I hear ya. ESP here in setx where we need ac to go to Christmas dinner! Lol
Old 10-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #14
Sinester17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
2.31 and 18%? That's past recommended. You can do it, I've seen it done, no worries, but just be prepared you're going to have a lot of heat. An expansion tank/ice box will be a must. E85 will help but no too much. Since you're going to be running meth, you will be fine as long as it's installed right.

Your list is very solid, good choices of manufacturers. Kooks, Metco, Lingenfelter, Katech, Vengeance etc is all top of the line. I'd recommend Dave @ DSX/DMS tuning for your E85 sensor and pump, he's got the best in the game.

You should be well over 715 RWHP, I would say 740 RWHP. Maybe more. If you had your blower ported and your heads done you'd nearly be at 800 RWHP. If your car responds like any of the C7 Z06s I've seen get a very similar list, you'll likely be at 800 RWTQ too.

There's going to be a huge issue with your build....TRACTION, Lol! No seriously you'd better plan on some 17s or 18s with a good drag radial.
I’m hoping to get the meth plumbed through the new lid sometime next year.

And I have the DMS kit for my sensor and and pump kit.

Also. I have been looking into 17s or a 15” conversion kit!