Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-03-2017, 06:20 PM   #43
OleGreg

Drives: 16' 1SS
Dropping mine off first thing tomorrow morning. Will update with outcome, showed dealership this thread and they are going to check everything out to see if this is the issue for slow starts.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:00 AM   #44
Jamesg89

Drives: 2019 2SS & 1998 SS
Well The car is back at the dealer. Its got a ticking that sounds like its the bottom end...I told the dealer a crank kit was a half assed fix. I put 200 normal driving miles on it since I Got it back.

Its been there a week, they replaced the clutch, flywheel, and all that thinking the noise was there. That changed nothing, and its the bottom end like I told them. So looks like I will be without my car for another month. This has turned into the worst car experience I have ever experienced.

Last edited by Jamesg89; 10-10-2017 at 08:28 AM.
Jamesg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:08 AM   #45
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesg89 View Post
Well The car is back at the dealer. Its got a ticking that sounds like its the bottom end...I told the dealer a crank kit was a half assed fix. I put 200 normal driving miles on it since I Got it back.

Its been there a week, they replaced the clutch, flywheel, and all that thinking the noise was there. That changed nothing. So looks like I will be without my car for another month. This has turned into the worst car experience I have ever experienced.
They’d either be replacing the whole engine or taking the car back at this point. I can imagine your frustration!
Old 10-10-2017, 09:05 AM   #46
Jamesg89

The Chevy dealer I bought it from wont do shit for me. The BBB tried to contact them and they wouldn't reply, they now recommend I go to the state attorney general. This dealer is just the local one, and they act like I am lucky they will even work on it. GM customer care basically is a joke. The one lady laughed at me and said she can tell how passionate I feel about the situation. That's about all I got from them.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:37 AM   #47
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
The Chevy dealer I bought it from wont do shit for me. The BBB tried to contact them and they wouldn't reply, they now recommend I go to the state attorney general. This dealer is just the local one, and they act like I am lucky they will even work on it. GM customer care basically is a joke. The one lady laughed at me and said she can tell how passionate I feel about the situation. That's about all I got from them.
I feel bad for you, sincerely I do. Warranties and customer service from dealerships aren't what they used to be for domestic cars.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #48
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
The Chevy dealer I bought it from wont do shit for me. The BBB tried to contact them and they wouldn't reply, they now recommend I go to the state attorney general. This dealer is just the local one, and they act like I am lucky they will even work on it. GM customer care basically is a joke. The one lady laughed at me and said she can tell how passionate I feel about the https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com/situation. That's about all I got from them.
Talk to the Zone Rep and get the car to another dealer.

If not Lemon Law it. You need a new engine.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:41 PM   #49
Jamesg89

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
Talk to the Zone Rep and get the car to another dealer.

If not Lemon Law it. You need a new engine.
How do I reach a zone rep? I cant find any info on that. Also the car now has 27k miles. I think the time on the lemon law is over.

Last edited by Jamesg89; 10-10-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #50
fxdxron1

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Slow start

I have had this problem since new. The dealer replaced the battery still has the same problem. The work order says normal condition because battery cables are long because battery is in the trunk. B.S. They don't know how to fix it. I have had other cars with the battery in the trunk with no problems. Chevy had to have had this problem during pre production testing. I cannot believe a modern car suffers from this. There is no excuse for it. I never trust it to start. What do you guys think? I think it is heat related because I never have the problem when cold.
fxdxron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:36 PM   #51
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdxron1 View Post
I have had this problem since new. The dealer replaced the battery still has the same problem. The work order says normal condition because battery cables are long because battery is in the trunk. B.S. They don't know how to fix it. I have had other cars with the battery in the trunk with no problems. Chevy had to have had this problem during pre production testing. I cannot believe a modern car suffers from this. There is no excuse for it. I never trust it to start. What do you guys think? I think it is heat related because I never have the problem when cold.
Your dealer is an idiot. <-- There is a reason this emoji exists.

Many members have had heat soaked starter issues. I experienced it today when I ran into the bank and came back out to restart within 5 minutes. Only happens when I attempt to start the engine @ operating temp, never when the car is cooled off.

Im going to wrap my starter with a heat deflector, and see if it helps any. A baking starter is not a happy starter, and continuous abuse will inevitably end with a failure. Im too paranoid to let the dinguses at the dealer touch my car, I wouldnt trust them with an oil change let alone replacing the starter.

Ive also heard of people with the same issue, replacing two negative battery cables with success. So if I still experience the weak start when hot with a heat shield in place, that will be my next step. If I still have the issue, Ill pull the heat shield off and bite the bullet with the dealership. God I hope I dont have to do that. Ive had bad experiences.

Last edited by soloknight6; 10-17-2017 at 05:49 PM.
soloknight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #52
fxdxron1

Please let me know if the starter wrap works as I will do the same. I agree with 100%
Old 10-19-2017, 05:44 PM   #53
fxdxron1

Starter wrap

Has anyone tried wrapping their starter to see if this helps with the problem?
Old 10-20-2017, 07:58 AM   #54
Jamesg89

Different news then wrapping a starter, but the regional rep came into the dealer this week and they are replacing the entire engine finally. The car trashed the front rod bearing on the crank they just replaced within 200 miles. He said the motor is contaminated and they aren't going to risk anymore engine repairs. Thankfully they are finally replacing it and hopefully I wont have to go back to the dealer anymore. Also GM is back paying for my car payments for the time its been at the dealership.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #55
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
That hopefully is your happy ending with this one. How long will the car be down for this major surgery?
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:32 PM   #56
fxdxron1

Slow start

Just wonderiing are you guys going to except this slow start as normal?l . This is 2017 and there is no excuse for a new car to do this. Gm had to have had this problem while testing pre production units. I will go to the dealer again and tell them this is not a long cabe problem. Car always starts just fine when cold. Slow start is always after I drive it and it sits for about 5 minutes. I thought it was going to leave me at the gas station today. Love the car but will not except this stupid slow start condition. Thanks for all your imput.