Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

AWE Tuning

Old 08-30-2017, 10:09 AM   #57
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
What do think of the Matthew Stafford Contract?
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:23 AM   #58
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Definitely over paid. Just like Derek Carr, kirk cousins, and Andrew luck.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:46 AM   #59
BMR Sales

I agree, but these Owner's keep shelling out Powerball Contracts!
Old 08-30-2017, 01:34 PM   #60
PoorMansCamaro

Stafford has a 5-46 record against teams finishing with a winning record. Of that he is 1-25 on the road. ouch
Old 08-31-2017, 03:21 AM   #61
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Highest yards per game of any QB over 30,000 yards. Or I believe any QB period. Joe M will let me know if that's correct. Fastest to 10,000 yards. Set the NFL record for fourth quarter comebacks in a season with eight last year. Only had one 1,000 yard rusher in nine seasons. One of only five QB's to through for over 5,000 yards in a season. Never won a playoff game. All that being said, yeah he's overpaid. Be the end of his deal, it will be reasonable. Is he better than Cousins, yes. Better than Carr, yes. Better than Cutler,yes. It's all about market value and timing, and having to pay that Detroit tax also. Lions have only had one pro bowl QB in 50 years, so they are much closer with him than without him.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:07 AM   #62
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Wow! I read where the Browns were shopping him! Hopefully he gets to play on a Winning Team for the 1st time. I'm a long time Browns Fan and it hasn't been a happy time since Modell stole the Original Browns and took them to Baltimore!
and Haden signs with the Steelers. Great move for Pittsburgh who it seems is stacking things up for a run to the Super Bowl before Big Ben retires.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:44 AM   #63
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I love watching millionaires run around and catch balls!

There's something to be said about Collegiate sports. All this money in professional sports sort of makes me want to throw up. Oh and what a gig for the owners...the taxpayers get to pay for their billion dollar stadiums - they got all us suckers giving them billions of tax dollars so that we can then pay them $200 for the worst seats in the stadium - sorry...it's all ridiculous. Seriously...Nevada tax payers giving billionaires $750 Million towards stadium...LOL, billionaires got all us suckers clammering to give them money.

I still watch the Broncos though
Old 08-31-2017, 09:55 AM   #64
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
I watch the Broncos... watch a Texans game or two, may watch a few more now that Brock is gone.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:33 AM   #65
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post

There's something to be said about Collegiate sports. All this money in professional sports sort of makes me want to throw up. Oh and what a gig for the owners...the taxpayers get to pay for their billion dollar stadiums - they got all us suckers giving them billions of tax dollars so that we can then pay them $200 for the worst seats in the stadium - sorry...it's all ridiculous. Seriously...Nevada tax payers giving billionaires $750 Million towards stadium...LOL, billionaires got all us suckers clammering to give them money.

Technically, it's out of towners that's paying for the Las Vegas Raiders stadium. I live here and I'm not paying a dime. lol They are raising the hotel tax like 1%.

I do agree that the owners should have to pay out of pocket. I know Steven Ross, owner of the dolphins paid for the full renovation for his stadium.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:41 AM   #66
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Highest yards per game of any QB over 30,000 yards. Or I believe any QB period. Joe M will let me know if that's correct. Fastest to 10,000 yards. Set the NFL record for fourth quarter comebacks in a season with eight last year. Only had one 1,000 yard rusher in nine seasons. One of only five QB's to through for over 5,000 yards in a season. Never won a playoff game. All that being said, yeah he's overpaid. Be the end of his deal, it will be reasonable. Is he better than Cousins, yes. Better than Carr, yes. Better than Cutler,yes. It's all about market value and timing, and having to pay that Detroit tax also. Lions have only had one pro bowl QB in 50 years, so they are much closer with him than without him.
All those stats are less impressive when he's 5-46 against winning teams. Do you think he would have walked if they offered him less money? Do you think any other team would have paid him that amount?

I agree, the team is much better with him.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #67
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post

I only watch NFL, but there is so much money in Collegiate sports especially Football. It's basically the Minor Leagues of Football, but the Players aren't supposed to be paid!
Old 08-31-2017, 01:16 PM   #68
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Technically, it's out of towners that's paying for the Las Vegas Raiders stadium. I live here and I'm not paying a dime. lol They are raising the hotel tax like 1%.

I do agree that the owners should have to pay out of pocket. I know Steven Ross, owner of the dolphins paid for the full renovation for his stadium.
We have the Best Owner in the NHL - Jeff Vinik bought the Arena and pays for all the upgrades - it has been ranked the best arena in the NHL and it's 15 years old. He's also developing the whole area around the Arena with Bill Gates to the tune of +$3Billion!
Old 08-31-2017, 06:56 PM   #69
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
All those stats are less impressive when he's 5-46 against winning teams. Do you think he would have walked if they offered him less money? Do you think any other team would have paid him that amount?

I agree, the team is much better with him.
Remember, Suh was with him, how much did the Dolphins pay him? I think the only record he ever set was highest fine total for a season. To answer the question, yes. Several.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:31 AM   #70
PoorMansCamaro

You must really miss Suh. Not sure what he has to do with this conversation. Are you saying it's because of Suh, that the Lions went 5-46 against winning teams? As for his fines, I wouldn't know. He's been fined $0 since being with the dolphins. He has been top 3 defensive tackle since being on Miami as well.