Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-24-2022, 11:22 AM   #29
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
I found my receipt from Summit. The pliers are SIT-RERS-TOOL. The boots that I used on the BMR ends are SIT-RERS36PK. I bought 2 packs.

Again, I spayed my original joints down periodically with a petroleum based lube which caused the tefflon liner in the joints to swell, causing them to creak loudly. I took the bars off, cleaned the joints well, and lubed them with the UMI grease, put the boots on, injected more grease into the boots, drove the car 2 weeks, they still squeaked.

The only thing that solved it was replacing the joints with new ones I ordered from BMR and installing the boots and greasing them with the UMI grease at the same time, before they could get contaminated. I have more than a thousand miles on the car since then and no squeaks.

I also had to get another alignment after replacing the joints.

Last edited by GreenZLE; 08-24-2022 at 11:47 AM.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 01:10 PM   #30
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
I found my receipt from Summit. The pliers are SIT-RERS-TOOL. The boots that I used on the BMR ends are SIT-RERS36PK. I bought 2 packs.

Again, I spayed my original joints down periodically with a petroleum based lube which caused the tefflon liner in the joints to swell, causing them to creak loudly. I took the bars off, cleaned the joints well, and lubed them with the UMI grease, put the boots on, injected more grease into the boots, drove the car 2 weeks, they still squeaked.

The only thing that solved it was replacing the joints with new ones I ordered from BMR and installing the boots and greasing them with the UMI grease at the same time, before they could get contaminated. I have more than a thousand miles on the car since then and no squeaks.

I also had to get another alignment after replacing the joints.
THANKS FOR THOSE NUMBERS!!! That's awesome!

Do you remember what lube you sprayed? I just lubed my joints trying to get rid of a suspension noise (before figuring out what the actual probably was ) with some Amsoil chain lube and their metal protectant stuff. That stuff hasn't been on the joints for more than a couple months, but if that wrecks the teflon, I'm cleaning them again right away!

Thanks for sharing.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 02:29 PM   #31
GreenZLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
THANKS FOR THOSE NUMBERS!!! That's awesome!

Do you remember what lube you sprayed? I just lubed my joints trying to get rid of a suspension noise (before figuring out what the actual probably was ) with some Amsoil chain lube and their metal protectant stuff. That stuff hasn't been on the joints for more than a couple months, but if that wrecks the teflon, I'm cleaning them again right away!

Thanks for sharing.
I used a few different ones from Blaster over the course of a few months. One was a chain lubricant, another was white lithium spray. I cant remember what the other was.

If the joint is hard to manipulate or chatters when you do move it, there's no saving it. All you can do is replace it.

It was frustrating, cleaning all the joints, lubing them all with the silicone grease, putting the boots on, only to have them keep creaking. I wish I had just replaced them right off the bat. Woulda saved me a lot of work.
Old 08-24-2022, 02:48 PM   #32
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Sorry, I must have missed the post. What size boots do we need for the bmr spherical ends? I googled the ones above and they were a variety pack.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 07:52 PM   #33
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Sorry, I must have missed the post. What size boots do we need for the bmr spherical ends? I googled the ones above and they were a variety pack.
The rod ends are all the same, so those boots should fit.

Is that what you mean? Sorry if I missed it...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:11 PM   #34
GreenZLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post

If you search that pn at Summit, you'll find them. They are not a variety pack.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:52 AM   #35
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
The rod ends are all the same, so those boots should fit.

Is that what you mean? Sorry if I missed it...
Anyone have a clue if the SPL rod ends are similar/identical to the BMR’s?
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 04:59 AM   #36
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
QA1-XMR12 and QA1-XML12

You can get them from summit racing, I just replaced mine due to the same issue you guys are having.

Last edited by LiqTenExp; 08-25-2022 at 05:10 AM.
LiqTenExp is offline   Reply With Quote