Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-16-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
tcal780

Drives: 16 1SS White M6
laggy throttle + hill assist = tough!

After 6k miles, I just can't get used to the throttle lag on this SS.
Add to that, the hill assist and the skipshift and I just don't get the feeling, the connection, like the car is supposed to have. There's always that slight sense of unpredictability I can't seem to adapt to.

I want to, and should be able to, get off the line quickly at 600 RPM's regardless if I then go WOT or ease to skipshift territory. I'm not over revving, but I can't feather the throttle like I want with the factory tune, especially on hills.

Yes, I can get a throttle controller, but I'm reluctant to for fear of CEL's and the inherent danger of adding something that could malfunction. A lot can go wrong quickly with that kind of power.

Anyone else having a similar feeling/experience?
tcal780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:48 AM   #2
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
it can be tuned out or you can mask it with a throttle controller but I know of no other way anyone has been able to correct this without potentially voiding portions of their warranty. It exists on the V6 as well. Not sure about the I4.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:54 AM   #3
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
I hear you, man. I've felt the same way, I cant fully adjust to the deadzone either. it can get annoying. I too want to tune it out, but I'm at least 2.5 years away from ready to void my warranty.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:57 AM   #4
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
how easy/difficult is it to tune it out? is it mechanical or computerized lag?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:31 PM   #5
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Not sure if it's something created in software or if it's mechanical and the stock software doesn't properly work around it but it is correctable in just software. I have Trifecta's tune on my V6 which has corrected about 99% of the odd throttle behaviors the car has and most importantly, the "laggyness" that was described by the OP.

Still can be a little off feeling if you've decelerated to a stop and then immediately start going again but lightly. It's a rare thing though.

I'm gonna go with the bathtub method and say that if the car hasn't had an ecu / tcm engine issue in the few months of various hard and normal driving then it's probably not gonna fail while under warranty so flash away.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:59 PM   #6
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcal780 View Post
After 6k miles, I just can't get used to the throttle lag on this SS.
Add to that, the hill assist and the skipshift and I just don't get the feeling, the connection, like the car is supposed to have. There's always that slight sense of unpredictability I can't seem to adapt to.

I want to, and should be able to, get off the line quickly at 600 RPM's regardless if I then go WOT or ease to skipshift territory. I'm not over revving, but I can't feather the throttle like I want with the factory tune, especially on hills.

Yes, I can get a throttle controller, but I'm reluctant to for fear of CEL's and the inherent danger of adding something that could malfunction. A lot can go wrong quickly with that kind of power.

Anyone else having a similar feeling/experience?
Next time you're around Philly, hit me up. Its an A8 with a VTC but you'll get the feel how well the controller works.