Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 03-02-2018, 02:49 PM   #15
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
No panoramic sunroof...yawn

I like the other stuff, except not giving the a10 beyond the maxed priced truck. That’s total BS.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #16
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
It looks better than the Chevy.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:24 PM   #17
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Agree looks better Chevy like the tailgate changes ..was hoping GM would give the 5.3 the 10 speed trans but maybe they are holding out the 10 for the entirely new engine..
Old 03-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #18
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
No panoramic sunroof...yawn

I like the other stuff, except not giving the a10 beyond the maxed priced truck. That’s total BS.
3.0TD will have the 10 speed as well.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:22 AM   #19
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
I like the new twins. The silverado seems to be getting a lot of hate but its not so bad. It recalls GM trucks of old such as the late 90's-2002 models, some of the most classic body styles ever made. Except now it has a "character line" on the front quarter panel. Eww. The new GMCs kept a little more of the aggressive squared off character, but they always have that huge grill jutting out there, so prominent and, in Denali trim, so chromed out I hate it. I've always been a fan of the lower trim level trucks.
Both trucks are more modern looking, in different ways. I really like my current '16 silverado, it's been flawless for me in the 5.3/A6 configuration. A few new features is not enough to make me trade, so I'll be seeing how these play out, and then in a few years after they iron out kinks and the powertrains get really solid, I might give one a go. It'll very likely be a Silverado, but I won't rule out a GMC, maybe an SLE.

I'm not super into the tail-gate like some are. It just seems too gimmicky to me. Like, who wants to fiddle with a tailgate within a tailgate. I don't need a step, the corner steps make it really easy to get into the bed. And I always get a 6.5 box so I don't usually need anything to flip up and retain objects in bed. If I REALLY needed that I would just get one of those heavy duty bed extender cages. But I find that with the 6.5 box I just don't need it. Seems superfluous, like "hey look what we can do!" but time will tell.

The diesel seems like a very compelling option, although I don't do a lot of long distance travel so it doesn't really make much sense for someone like me. For some though, it should be really nice, low maintenance, high mpg.

GM is building some great trucks lately. Heck, all three of the truck makers seem to be on all cylinders right now. I'd drive any of them but when it comes down to buying, I usually go GM due to the emphasis on utility and I think the engine options are the best out there. Never had a problem with AFM and my little 5.3 tows hard when I need it to, gives me 22-23mpg highway the rest of the time. Not bad.

Last edited by protovack; 03-03-2018 at 03:38 AM.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:11 AM   #20
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I like the look. For once I don't really have a clear styling preference between the GMC & Chevy. I'm weary of the carbon fibre bed though. But since its only on the highest of trims, I bet its not going to get abused as much as it would on the entry level trucks.

That tailgate is pretty cool. I was thinking a couple months ago about why nobody seems to have a flip-up stop on the end of tailgates for longer loads. This goes about 10x beyond that though. It even looks like the opening sits level with the wheel wells when they had that plywood on it. Clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
The tailgate is pretty slick. Not enough to get me into a 70K truck, but cool nonetheless.

Glad to see some differentiation across the twins. Hope the All terrain trim is back with the same lift and stance as the Trail Boss though.

Still no hp/mpg figures. Was hoping to see that with this announcement.
HP/fuel economy are almost never released when something is first unveiled. Those numbers don't come until closer to production.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:15 AM   #21
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
HP/fuel economy are almost never released when something is first unveiled. Those numbers don't come until closer to production.
Ah, interesting. I'm wonder if GM also has another engine announcement they're hiding.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:11 PM   #22
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Damn..........Wish I had waited another year. I like that a lot!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:18 AM   #23
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I hate to say it, but the Sierra looks far better than the Silverado. I'm not sure what's going on in the Chevy design studio, but clearly GMC knew how to handle the new body contours better. I still prefer the previous generation of Silverado/Sierra twin cab trucks. The body contouring on those trucks were bolder, and the lines in general were smoother. I still feel that the new truck tailgate is busy. With better looking wheels and maybe a slight redo of the grille, I'm sure the new Sierra will be a dynamite truck.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #24
FenwickHockey65

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/12/...sle-spy-shots/

SLE spied. No fogs, no MultiPro tailgate, and 5.3L V8 engine badging.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #25
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/12/...sle-spy-shots/

SLE spied. No fogs, no MultiPro tailgate, and 5.3L V8 engine badging.
there's the ugly stick that beat the silverado
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #26
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
I hope they do something with the 10 speed transmission, I have owned 3 GMC Sierra Denali's 2012, 2015, 2017
All Duramax I absolutely hate the 2017 transmission, it has been to the shop 3 times, only to tell me there's nothing wrong.
I would buy the 2019 GMC Sierra Denali only if there's a different transmission, if not I will be buying a 2019 Dodge Ram 2500. Every 2 years I get a new truck.

As far as the person posting about not using the bed, all of my trucks have been work trucks, I use the bed everyday.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #27
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's maro View Post
I hope they do something with the 10 speed transmission, I have owned 3 GMC Sierra Denali's 2012, 2015, 2017
All Duramax I absolutely hate the 2017 transmission, it has been to the shop 3 times, only to tell me there's nothing wrong.
I would buy the 2019 GMC Sierra Denali only if there's a different transmission, if not I will be buying a 2019 Dodge Ram 2500. Every 2 years I get a new truck.

As far as the person posting about not using the bed, all of my trucks have been work trucks, I use the bed everyday.
If you've owned 3 Sierra Denalis with Duramaxes, you've had the Allison all 3 times which is not the same transmission as the gas engines and definitely not the 10 speed.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:14 PM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's maro View Post

Your trucks have had 6 speeds Allison transmissions & those have basically nothing in common with the 10 speed that was co-developed with Ford for the light duty trucks.

And my comment was about the beds in the high end trucks, on average, getting abused LESS than the entry models. I never said or implied that nobody ever uses them.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote