Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 02-25-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
HyperspaceTurd

Drives: 17 1SS 6MT, 09 Tacoma TRD Sport
Should I trade my other car (tacoma) for an EVO/STI?

My wife thinks I'm crazy, but the taco, 09 TRD sport, low miles, is what I drive in the snow, cold or when I have to do annoying adult shit like moving or hauling building materials.

The rest of the time I drive the Camaro, but I would like a daily driver that's a little more fun, but I need AWD capability where I live when the heavens open up randomly, with a vengeance.

The taco is a great compliment to the SS but it leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to driving fun.

Sooo I've been thinking I better find an evo 8 or an Pre 07 STI(personal preference) while it is still sorta possible, however unlikely to find an unmolested one with low miles. In a few years time I feel these will be extinct.

What say Yall?
HyperspaceTurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:26 PM   #2
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
As much as I dislike Toyota, I'd say keep the Tacoma. It's a very practical vehicle and serves a purpose. You've already got the Camaro as a fun driver. I've made the mistake of having my fun car and trading in my SUV for another fun car. Wish I hadn't done that.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:31 PM   #3
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Keep the Tacoma.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:12 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Same, keep the truck.

If anything, do some cosmetic upgrades or something to the truck to up the style if you are feeling a bit bored with it.

My opinion, it's a good to have a regular daily, and then a fun sporty ride on the side. I'm basically doing the same right now.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:26 PM   #5
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
if evo go with a 2011-12 evo 10 if not trade to a better truck like ford raptor or a nice king ranch you can find a 2012 raptor pretty cheap now and its a very fun truck
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:06 AM   #6
HyperspaceTurd

Thanks for the input. Wife does have a 4runner that could take over haulin and crawlin duties. But I'm having nightmares about fixing old rallycars now...

Unless I find a unicorn (unmodded, pristine 05-07 STI, or Evo 8/9) I'm gonna hold onto the taco. Boring as hell but it is unstoppable. That raptor idea is interesting...

I just feel like I really NEED like, 5 cars...and a truck.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:18 AM   #7
O.F.

Drives: 2015 BLK/BLK 2SS/RS MN6
Keep it and build your truck. There is a ton of stuff available out there.

I have the same make/model(my 5th Toyota truck) with 170,000 miles that's going strong and still looks new!
O.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #8
HyperspaceTurd

Welp Im keepin the taco. Yes it is the logical way to go, but as it turns out, this "pristine" evo 8 turned out to be clickbait for a loan shark private used car dealer. These people make their money on the financing, not the cars. And it is BAD financing. They wont even talk to you unless you give them your personal info, which is a worse idea than hitting a discount brothel in Vegas. These sellers are pure scum-they prey on those who are in a bad situation and seek to make this bad financial situation worse. They are scum and they deserve bad things to happen to them. Yes I mean that.

Anyway, you guys know you are all supposed to be enablers right!?

Thanks again for letting me bounce my hare-brained ideas off yall. You were right...
Old 02-27-2018, 03:56 PM   #9
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
hahaha Late to the party but smart move on keeping the Taco. Everyone I know who had a truck and got rid of it regretted it in a year or two
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:08 AM   #10
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F. View Post
Keep it and build your truck. There is a ton of stuff available out there.

I have the same make/model(my 5th Toyota truck) with 170,000 miles that's going strong and still looks new!
pffft. My 3rd Toyota truck, current 2005 Taco. 180,800 miles on it and I finally had to replace the front rotors yesterday. Apparently they don't last forever. Water pump and pulleys were only replaced at 120,000 miles. I did have the frame recall/replaced but other than tires and oil changes, that is all I have had done to it. But this thing is part of me and just can't let it go for something newer.

Keep the Taco!! You just can't kill these things.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:35 AM   #11
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Raptor
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:37 AM   #12
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
how about a new taco?
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #13
HyperspaceTurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
how about a new taco?

The whole point is I'm sick of driving a truck. And the my taco is skookum as all frig as far as tacos go. The new ones are ugly and the motor is smaller.

I like fast cars. Muscle cars, rice burners, euro-trash, race-weekend freakshows-I love them all.

I tolerate the truck because it's so damn useful, laughs at blizzards, and I can't kill it.

Soooo yeah...keepin ole faithful till she gets killed by an escaped octogenarian.

I'm not ecstatic about it, but it is what it is until I find that bag-o-money on the side of the road.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:31 AM   #14
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Trust me keeping the Taco is a good idea. Everyone I know who used to DD a truck has ended up hating the next vehicle bc they realize they now have to borrow a truck from someone
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote