Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-28-2017, 05:53 PM   #1
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Anybody install flowmaster AT on a vert?

I am considering getting the flowmaster American thunder axle back exhaust for non NPP for my SS convertible.

Had anybody installed one yet ?

Looking for More Sound output and deeper tone - can barely hear the LT1 unless I’m at WOT. I have a dinan exhaust on my E39 M5 and love it - adds no drone but let’s more of that sweet deep V8 soundtrack come alive.
Looking to do something similar for the Camaro.
Not really into spending $1K+ either so the AT price point is very attractive.

Just worried if it adds too much exhaust noise at Cruise with top down.
Seems like it wouldn’t since there is already Air noise and those exhausts are not so loud under light loads. Especially with both cats and stock resonators. Almost seems whatever is at the end of all that can’t have a massive impact anyways.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Can't speak on your particular situation but Juice1 here on the forum got me my Flowmaster AT axle back for the NPP and I love it! I ended up going back to them a few weeks later and got the Scavenger X pipe which deletes the mid resonators. I have a nice rich deep sounding car now and no drone at any point of the power band. Star up is a beast! Since I'm hesitant on doing headers just now, this is exactly where I want to be. Headers would be super heavy but enjoyable with my setup for sure but not looking to do that just now.
I didn't want to spend $1K plus for an axle back myself and I was able to get it well under that mark on each item when I bought. You can do a search on Juice1 and find several threads where they are offering deep discounts.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:59 PM   #3
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Can't speak on your particular situation but Juice1 here on the forum got me my Flowmaster AT axle back for the NPP and I love it! I ended up going back to them a few weeks later and got the Scavenger X pipe which deletes the mid resonators. I have a nice rich deep sounding car now and no drone at any point of the power band. Star up is a beast! Since I'm hesitant on doing headers just now, this is exactly where I want to be. Headers would be super heavy but enjoyable with my setup for sure but not looking to do that just now.
I didn't want to spend $1K plus for an axle back myself and I was able to get it well under that mark on each item when I bought. You can do a search on Juice1 and find several threads where they are offering deep discounts.
Edit**** I can’t find juice1****
Ok, now you have me interested... for a low price point, heck ya. Do you have or can you make a sound clip?

Last edited by Chutzpah; 11-28-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:33 PM   #4
c4racer

Auto anything is selling for 10pct off plus a $75 rebate by end of November.
Puts the price point below $450 which seems reasonable vs having an exhaust shop build something which would likely cost more
Old 11-28-2017, 09:26 PM   #5
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Edit**** I can’t find juice1****
Ok, now you have me interested... for a low price point, heck ya. Do you have or can you make a sound clip?
JUICED1 it is and my bad! PM'd you a link to some clips I have on Youtube
Old 11-28-2017, 11:50 PM   #6
c4racer

I am also looking at SW and borla S type or maybe the magnaflow competition series but that may be too loud.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:48 AM   #7
Desmondh80

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Vert
817744 will fit the convertibles right?
Desmondh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:35 AM   #8
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
I am also looking at SW and borla S type or maybe the magnaflow competition series but that may be too loud.
I went with the Borla S-Type. EXCEPTIONALLY happy here! Here is a sound clip that is pretty accurate:
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:38 AM   #9
FlowmasterMufflers

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
I am considering getting the flowmaster American thunder axle back exhaust for non NPP for my SS convertible.

Looking for More Sound output and deeper tone - can barely hear the LT1 unless I’m at WOT. I have a dinan exhaust on my E39 M5 and love it - adds no drone but let’s more of that sweet deep V8 soundtrack come alive.
Looking to do something similar for the Camaro.
Not really into spending $1K+ either so the AT price point is very attractive.
We have heard a lot of good feedback on our American Thunder Axle-back for the 6th gen Camaro SS. The system will deliver a deep and refined exterior sound that really brings the V8 sound to life. Here's a video example of the system:

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate giving us a call at 707-544-4761 and we would be more than happy to help find the right choice for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmondh80 View Post
817744 will fit the convertibles right?
You are correct, our American Thunder Axle-back (Part # 817744) will fit both coupes and convertibles with the standard exhaust.
FlowmasterMufflers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:38 PM   #10
mrc54

Drives: SS1 convertible
Flow FX

You also have the flow fx system. Is it not as loud, how is the interior noise?
mrc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:10 AM   #11
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
I love the sound. Trying to decide cutout or axle back exhaust...this definitely makes the decision more difficult.
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:36 PM   #12
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Is there a feeling on which axle back for NPP has the deeper/rumbling big-blockish sound?
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote