Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Phastek Performance

Old 02-16-2017, 10:13 PM   #1
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
2017 NFL Offseason Talk

Here are the important NFL dates from now until the draft:

February 15 -- First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.
February 18 -- NFL Regional Combines, Methodist Training Center, Houston, Texas.
February 25-26* -- NFL Regional Combines, Inova Sports Performance Center, Washington, D.C. (*Kicker/Punter Combine)
February 28-March 6 -- NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.
March 1 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.
March 4 --NFL Regional Combines, Minnesota Vikings Practice Facility, Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
March 7-9 -- Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2016 Player Contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 9. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 9.
March 9 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2017 on all players who have option clauses in their 2016 contracts.
March 9 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts and to whom they desire to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.
March 9 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a Minimum Salary Tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2016 contracts and who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.
March 9 -- Top-51 Begins. All clubs must be under the 2017 salary cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.
March 9 -- All 2016 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.
March 9 -- The 2017 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.
The first day of the 2017 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9.
March 9 -- Trading period for 2017 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2016 contracts.
March 11 -- NFL Regional Combines, New Orleans Saints Training Facility, Metairie, Louisiana.
March 26-29 -- Annual League Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona.
April 3 -- Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2016 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.
April 17 -- Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.
April 21 -- Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets.
April 27-29 -- 2017 NFL Draft, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:16 PM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Dolphins already cut Mario Williams and Earl Mitchell
Old 02-16-2017, 10:17 PM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

Revis Island charged with 4 felonies....ouch
Old 02-17-2017, 03:04 AM   #4
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Who is gonna be the number one draft pick?
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Dolphins already cut Mario Williams and Earl Mitchell
I read they cut Albert too
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:45 PM   #6
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Where do you guys think Romo will go? The Houston Texans would be awesome choice ... he would have to settle for a lot less money compared to other potential teams because of that mess they have at QB right now.

The Denver Broncos are a QB away from another Superbowl with a defense that's ready to win like right now... but they have no interest in Romo according to Elway.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:39 PM   #7
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Where do you guys think Romo will go? The Houston Texans would be awesome choice ... he would have to settle for a lot less money compared to other potential teams because of that mess they have at QB right now.

The Denver Broncos are a QB away from another Superbowl with a defense that's ready to win like right now... but they have no interest in Romo according to Elway.
Romo will turn 37 this April, he has had 3 back injuries and broken his left collar bone twice, I`m not too sure how many teams are willing to take a chance on him with that kind of history but I suppose if you`re desperate for a quarterback and can keep him upright in the pocket then he "MIGHT" be worth the gamble, I wouldn`t take that chance but then again I`m not a team GM. He`s just one blind side hit away from another season on the DL!
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #8
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I read they cut Albert too

I read that too, but they put a halt on it. I think they have some teams interested in a trade. Which is odd for me. Why would any team want to trade from him, if they know Miami is going to cut him anyway. I hear the Jags are stupid enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

Would like to see Romo go somewhere else, but wouldn't be shocked if he restructures and stays in Dallas

Old 02-17-2017, 02:49 PM   #10
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Who is gonna be the number one draft pick?

It should be Myles Garrett

Old 02-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #11
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
Romo will turn 37 this April, he has had 3 back injuries and broken his left collar bone twice, I`m not too sure how many teams are willing to take a chance on him with that kind of history but I suppose if you`re desperate for a quarterback and can keep him upright in the pocket then he "MIGHT" be worth the gamble, I wouldn`t take that chance but then again I`m not a team GM. He`s just one blind side hit away from another season on the DL!
He's been injured the past 2 seasons with some extremely unfortunate hits but he's far from useless.

He's still better than most QB's out there anyways.

I'd love to see him in a Cowboy uniform again, but he made it clear he wants to start. I hope he ends up in Denver or Houston.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #12
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Minnesota was dumb enough to give up a first round pick for dud Sam Bradford, but as much as I like Romo, he needs to retire for his own good. Or get $10M a year to sit on the bench in Dallas over the $27.4M he's getting now.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:25 PM   #13
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
He has played in 5 of the last 32 games. Buyer beware!!
Old 02-17-2017, 04:34 PM   #14
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Dan Orvlosky said in an interview that the Lions will let his contract lapse, it will not be renewed. IMO this is great news, of seen more than enough of Dan, he went 0-10 in the 0-16 year. This means Jake Rudock,sixth round draft pick from UM, will be Matt Staffords back up next year. Hmmmm, a sixth round draft pick from Michigan backing up a number one draft pick. That sounds vaguely familiar.