Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-06-2018, 09:29 PM   #15
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77vetter View Post
So if you are going too fast will the top be blocked from going down?
Yes a message will appear on the DIC warning you to reduce your speed to operate the top.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
First time I drove one, I raised and lowered the top about 4 times in slow-rolling traffic because I thought it was the most awesome thing in the world. The guy in the Ram behind me thought I was nuts.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:24 AM   #17
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
First time I drove one, I raised and lowered the top about 4 times in slow-rolling traffic because I thought it was the most awesome thing in the world. The guy in the Ram behind me thought I was nuts.
One of the factors in buying a convertible plus the really cool solid tonneau cover sealed the deal.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:14 AM   #18
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Im actually considering purchasing a standard SS convertible and keeping my Hell kitty over buying a ZL1 after just getting to see one in person. I love the hard cover, how the top works and the car still looks good with the top up. Not normally a convertible guy. I've only had a few. This car solves the issues that Ive always had with them.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #19
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Im actually considering purchasing a standard SS convertible and keeping my Hell kitty over buying a ZL1 after just getting to see one in person. I love the hard cover, how the top works and the car still looks good with the top up. Not normally a convertible guy. I've only had a few. This car solves the issues that Ive always had with them.
I wasn't either, however I am so glad the woman and I compromised! She wanted a convertible, I wanted a sports car. So here we are today, both very happy with the choice! And umm, they do make the ZL1 in a Vert too. Not that I have been ever considering an upgrade or anything.

*The top mechanics is a practical and technical advancement thing, not a show off thing, and as noted there are many reasons for it to be done NOT just at point-A or point-B. I'm sure there are those that "abuse" its function and indeed seek out the "look at me" attention.
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #20
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
I wasn't either, however I am so glad the woman and I compromised! She wanted a convertible, I wanted a sports car. So here we are today, both very happy with the choice! And umm, they do make the ZL1 in a Vert too. Not that I have been ever considering an upgrade or anything.

*The top mechanics is a practical and technical advancement thing, not a show off thing, and as noted there are many reasons for it to be done NOT just at point-A or point-B. I'm sure there are those that "abuse" its function and indeed seek out the "look at me" attention.
Yeah, Im aware of the ZL1 convertible . They are very expensive, and I just can't relate to buying the high performance model in a convertible. It seems contradictory to me. If I stick with the SS convertible I can keep my Hellcat. Ive been looking at used SS gen6 convertibles all morning. They can be picked up pretty darn cheap. Im tired of paying huge depreciation use to buy a car that was untitled. After all. Everyone drives a used car.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote