Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-21-2015, 11:26 PM   #15
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
I did..for a while...Jersey cops are relentless :(
oh wow, yeah no surprise there.. might want to move to a more liberty loving area lol
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #16
Whis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
I'm guessing because it's the only way they are remotely on the same playing field from a performance standpoint.
lol
Old 11-21-2015, 11:28 PM   #17
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
lol
You may want to expand on your thoughts. "lol" doesn't say much.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:30 PM   #18
Whis

Quote:
You may want to expand on your thoughts. "lol" doesn't say much.
Nah, don't care to at this point. I was going to articulate an argument for the other gentlemen that replied to me but I opted not to, and instead chose to quote your post with a simple modicum of support in the form of a chuckle.

Does that work for you?
Old 11-21-2015, 11:35 PM   #19
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Nah, don't care to at this point. I was going to articulate an argument for the other gentlemen that replied to me but I opted not to, and instead chose to quote your post with a simple modicum of support in the form of a chuckle.

Does that work for you?
No. Would have preferred to see that argument..
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:37 PM   #20
Whis

Quote:
No. Would have preferred to see that argument..
I don't feel like making it now, perhaps tomorrow. The gist of it is you are locked into one price range with each trim. Artificially adding "packages" after that is not comparable, even if you are trying to catch up to performance. There is much more to be said for this though...
Old 11-21-2015, 11:44 PM   #21
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Why would someone buying a new SS get navigation? With Apple Car Play, and the Android version coming very soon it's a waste. The navigation apps on your phone will work via the 8" screen the same way, and the apps update thier maps more often and you have like 50 of them to choose from for free...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:07 AM   #22
Ava

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Why would someone buying a new SS get navigation? With Apple Car Play, and the Android version coming very soon it's a waste. The navigation apps on your phone will work via the 8" screen the same way, and the apps update thier maps more often and you have like 50 of them to choose from for free...
I agree...I never used or like the navigation systems in any car. I always use my phone apps (usually Verizon Navigator). It always seemed to work better and the updates are nice. I skipped the Nav on my SS order.
Ava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:07 AM   #23
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Quote:
I dont think you have 50... you just have 2... Apple Maps and Google maps... none of the others support projection yet...
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:57 AM   #24
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
I don't feel like making it now, perhaps tomorrow. The gist of it is you are locked into one price range with each trim. Artificially adding "packages" after that is not comparable, even if you are trying to catch up to performance. There is much more to be said for this though...
lol
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:11 AM   #25
Whis

Quote:
every freaking one listed on autotrader almost has nav, and a sunroof. i am hoping/guessing this is because as usual, car dealerships are out of touch and full of old people who have no idea what the hell is going on.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:57 AM   #26
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Agreed. All this feature packaging just inflates the price too much for folks that only want the V8 driving experience without all the other stuff. A base 1SS with automatic and destination is around $39k plus tax. You can buy a Gen 5 Camaro in that configuration for $32-33k. I am not saying the Gen 6 isn't worth the price, but we can't deny that the entry price for a SS did not increase significantly.
It went up but the difference between a 1ss auto 5th and a 1ss 6th gen is huge!!!! Remember the a auto 5th gen had a neutered engine compared to the manual cars. This isn't the case now. So yeah you may pay more but it offers alot more for the money.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:07 AM   #27
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
this is a ludicrous lie. GT Premium starts at ~37k. 2SS is significantly higher. this is with NO options, not sure why you threw performance pack in there to bump the GT price up even more
What part of simular equipped did you not get? There is no way a non PP car will be even close to the SS in performance, even with the PP it gets beat. Plus you ask many who buy the premium get the 401a package.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #28
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Great, another thread to argue price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
What part of simular equipped did you not get? There is no way a non PP car will be even close to the SS in performance, even with the PP it gets beat. Plus you ask many who buy the premium get the 401a package.
Right on.

Whis, you are right that the GT on base compared to base SS or Premium GT to 2SS is a significant cost difference, but that's not what this thread is about so please explain how you feel this is ridiculous?

The fact is, when similarly equipped in terms of performance and tech the price difference is negligible. The only argument on the Camaro is that it comes too equipped in a base model SS and perhaps even the 2SS