Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-16-2015, 11:48 PM   #267
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonK View Post
I'm seeing in this video what the R&T reviewer said about the paddle shift delay - it's very evident when she upshifts on heavy throttle, I was surprised at the delay between the paddle click and the actual shift, almost a full second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
I saw that too. Even if the trans will hold redline via programming a delay on shifts is unacceptable! Hopefully the car is a "ringer" and the production models won't have the same issue.

In all seriousness. Is this a difference between a dual clutch and single clutch trans? A software issue?
I got news for you guys, she let off on the throttle on the 2nd shift which caused the delay. Transmission is only as smart as the driver. You let off the gas on an upshift and the car knows you aren't in a hurry. Notice the first shift was instantaneous. I've seen these exact issues described by BMW owners with the ZF units. Under power there is no appreciable lag unless you are short shifting and letting off on the gas.

Now downshifting delays are another story. Even my ZF 8 speed delays on downshifts.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:53 PM   #268
DannyB

Drives: Impala
Why do you assholes have to keep dragging ThePill into every damn thread on this board? It is getting ridiculous!!!

You want to play with him, go do it on his turf. Be glad i don't run this board or you would all be banned. None of you can stay on topic and even though you are putting him down, you are still riding his nuts and in his mind he wins and will continue his ways. Just ignore the fool and move the **** on!!! Maybe the mods can set you guys up a "ThePill Fan Club" board so y'all quit cluttering up every legitimate thread on here with shit about him.
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:15 AM   #269
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
Why do you assholes have to keep dragging ThePill into every damn thread on this board? It is getting ridiculous!!!

You want to play with him, go do it on his turf. Be glad i don't run this board or you would all be banned. None of you can stay on topic and even though you are putting him down, you are still riding his nuts and in his mind he wins and will continue his ways. Just ignore the fool and move the **** on!!! Maybe the mods can set you guys up a "ThePill Fan Club" board so y'all quit cluttering up every legitimate thread on here with shit about him.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:44 AM   #270
TheSpectre

Drives: Boxster GTS
Quote:

Wow, you need to get laid.
TheSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:20 AM   #271
DannyB

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpectre View Post
Wow, you need to get laid.
You got 5 posts on here and most are about him. Why don't you admit your homo-erotic tendencies and hit him up and ask him out?
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:01 AM   #272
Noob

Drives: AUDI 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I got news for you guys, she let off on the throttle on the 2nd shift which caused the delay. Transmission is only as smart as the driver. You let off the gas on an upshift and the car knows you aren't in a hurry. Notice the first shift was instantaneous. I've seen these exact issues described by BMW owners with the ZF units. Under power there is no appreciable lag unless you are short shifting and letting off on the gas.

Now downshifting delays are another story. Even my ZF 8 speed delays on downshifts.
yep, 1sec. cant be. The 2013-14 Mustang had this delay, the 2015 is improved but still a bit slower than the GM 8speed.
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 05:35 AM   #273
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
The motor trend article about SS vs GT is out on the stands... I am not able to attach the picture here cos I am on phone... But the issue is out ....
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:49 AM   #274
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
You got 5 posts on here and most are about him. Why don't you admit your homo-erotic tendencies and hit him up and ask him out?
You have 63 posts and 3 have been about thePill.......

No one is putting a gun to your head. Just ignore it and move on, or if it's too much, there are like billions of websites in the internet you can go to.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:52 AM   #275
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:

This is how I picture you while writing this...
Old 10-17-2015, 06:58 AM   #276
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
The motor trend article about SS vs GT is out on the stands... I am not able to attach the picture here cos I am on phone... But the issue is out ....
Someone needs to get this figured out!!!
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #277
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:

So, now we know his true identity!!! Is Danny your real name or another alter ego?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:43 AM   #278
Rob13567

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss NGM
The car and driver review says The eight-speed automatic is a pretty spectacular piece of work, and that’s coming from the Save the Manuals people. It even responds quickly to paddle-activated manual shifts.
But road & track says There are paddles, of course, but the delay between actuation and shift is so long, you might as well be sending the request by passenger pigeon

Which one is true?
Rob13567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #279
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob13567 View Post
The car and driver review says The eight-speed automatic is a pretty spectacular piece of work, and that’s coming from the Save the Manuals people. It even responds quickly to paddle-activated manual shifts.
But road & track says There are paddles, of course, but the delay between actuation and shift is so long, you might as well be sending the request by passenger pigeon

Which one is true?
I know the same thing has been said about the a8 in the c7. Basically it's lightning quick if you keep it in auto mode, its slow when you put it in manual mode
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:06 AM   #280
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
I know the same thing has been said about the a8 in the c7. Basically it's lightning quick if you keep it in auto mode, its slow when you put it in manual mode
That takes all the fun out of it and defeats the purpose of having a manual mode.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote