Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #15
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
A 1LT Corvette is hardly "stripped", but I guess it helps you make your argument, eh?

It's ok, some people just can't / don't want to get it. I understand. We'll just agree to disagree.

Enjoy your Mustang, I liked mine, and it was the first place I looked for a replacement this time around.
No one is forcing opinions on anyone, only stating fact that you are blind to be comparing these models. But I will say...you're trying to force us to compare cars that have zero relation to each other and your yelling at anyone who calls out your bull shit comparisions.

If you go for a Mustang GT350 you will not be able to get one at base price. Did some calling around and ALL dealers are putting $10K+ markups on them. On top of that I am assuming you would want to track this car as that is what it is built for...? Add the track pack and the items to get it to get close to match the quality of the 2SS and well... your pushing well over $60k

If you want a 2SS convertiable well tracking it is out of the question. But you do get a fully loaded car that has the same track capability as the GT350. Add MRC and NPP and the car is good to go for about $48K ( assuming the convertibles are $5K more). You're also getting a car with 4 piston brembo's and track suspension and cooling technology that isn't an add on like you would need for the GT350.

A vette 1LT is as good as a 1SS. The car comes with nothing special and you would still need to add MRC at minimum. Overall bringing the price to $57k. I have seen and been in 2 1LT vettes and they are barebones.

Overall each vehicle is a nice car, but your stance here is off the mark in regards to comparisons and pricing.

It seems your looking at these for 'fun to drive cars'. If that is the case, it comes down to how much money do you want to burn to have fun. Regardless I doubt you will be driving these to their full potential just as I wont.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:47 AM   #16
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Thanks guys for the input, didn't mean to start a little banter back and forth, but I did feel the comparison was and still is close.
1sspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:52 AM   #17
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
I don't see the cross shopping of these 2 cars ridiculous. If somebody has 50k to spend on a car, they can either get a bare bones GT350 or a loaded 2SS. It's up to the consumer to decide if they can live without all the extra amenities and gadgets the 2SS comes with for the more track oriented GT350. The price is close enough between the 2 that they can be cross shopped. It's up to the consumer to decide what's more important to them and what they want.

And no, I'm not saying an equally equipped GT350 is similar in cost to the SS, because it's not. I'm saying a bare bones, no options checked off GT350 will be close enough in cost to a loaded 2SS that they can be cross shopped. Again, it depends on what the consumer wants.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:04 PM   #18
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I don't see the cross shopping of these 2 cars ridiculous. If somebody has 50k to spend on a car, they can either get a bare bones GT350 or a loaded 2SS. It's up to the consumer to decide if they can live without all the extra amenities and gadgets the 2SS comes with for the more track oriented GT350. The price is close enough between the 2 that they can be cross shopped. It's up to the consumer to decide what's more important to them and what they want.

And no, I'm not saying an equally equipped GT350 is similar in cost to the SS, because it's not. I'm saying a bare bones, no options checked off GT350 will be close enough in cost to a loaded 2SS that they can be cross shopped. Again, it depends on what the consumer wants.
If people are purely looking at price point, and a $8k difference in price is close (because we are leaving off the options for the GT350)....Then said people are not remotely normal car buyers. The vast majority of people do not walk into a dealer, say they have X dollars to spend and ask what can I get. They will pick a car in their budget based on what they need/want and the features it offers. I mean if this was normal, then there would never be anything but top end models sold because price would be the only thing that mattered. We can talk about people that are exceptions all day to this, but they are not the rule.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #19
Blackdevil77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
If people are purely looking at price point, and a $8k difference in price is close (because we are leaving off the options for the GT350)....Then said people are not remotely normal car buyers. The vast majority of people do not walk into a dealer, say they have X dollars to spend and ask what can I get. They will pick a car in their budget based on what they need/want and the features it offers. I mean if this was normal, then there would never be anything but top end models sold because price would be the only thing that mattered. We can talk about people that are exceptions all day to this, but they are not the rule.

The GT350 is starting at 48k with no options checked, that's not an 8k difference from a fully loaded 2SS. There are those people that have a certain budget and some of them would be contemplating sacrificing all of the amenities in a loaded 2SS for the bit of extra performance the GT350 gives you. In the end, it comes down to more of what the consumer wants, more so than the price difference between a fully loaded 2SS and a bare bones GT350, which is much less than 8 grand.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:22 PM   #20
SuperSound

Quote:
The GT350 is starting at 48k with no options checked, that's not an 8k difference from a fully loaded 2SS. There are those people that have a certain budget and some of them would be contemplating sacrificing all of the amenities in a loaded 2SS for the bit of extra performance the GT350 gives you. In the end, it comes down to more of what the consumer wants, more so than the price difference between a fully loaded 2SS and a bare bones GT350, which is much less than 8 grand.
So it has to be a fully loaded 2SS but a no option GT350? The 2SS already had many more features but it has to be loaded for you to make your point. Convenient.

You are also assuming a base GT350 will perform that much better than a fully loaded 2SS. What if it doesn't? Considering the only talk has been about track pack ones.

Bottom line is it's your money. Spend it how you want. But don't think people doing these comparisons are anything but a rare selection of buyers.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:39 PM   #21
M12LRV

Drives: .
Does anybody else think the Mustang's interior is garbage? It just looks unacceptable for a car costing almost 60k (for the gt350). That and the styling are the real deal breakers for me.
M12LRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:39 PM   #22
Blackdevil77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
So it has to be a fully loaded 2SS but a no option GT350? The 2SS already had many more features but it has to be loaded for you to make your point. Convenient.

You are also assuming a base GT350 will perform that much better than a fully loaded 2SS. What if it doesn't? Considering the only talk has been about track pack ones.

Bottom line is it's your money. Spend it how you want. But don't think people doing these comparisons are anything but a rare selection of buyers.

Yes it does have to be fully loaded 2SS to make my point. That's the only way the prices come close together. If a persons budget is 40k, then a GT350 is no where on the radar or possible. That is assuming the GT350 performs better, which I would assume a track focused car would. If it doesn't, then the 2SS would be, without a doubt, the better buy.

You're right, it's up to however the consumer wants to spend their money. And yes, they probably are a rare selection of buyers. Never said most would be cross shopping these cars, I was just saying that there are those out there that would be cross shopping these 2 cars like this, even if it's an extremely small percentage of people.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #23
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
Because I've never owned a convertible and think it might be fun.

Just like a GT350 would be fun.

Just like a C7 might be fun.

Don't try and force your opinions / views / judgements on others because you disagree. Why not just be open minded? I don't see people complaining about it when people talk about buying C7's instead, only when people bring up Ford (or Dodge) products... I wonder why that is?
It would actually be you trying to force your opinions / views and judgments on others.

Your argument is about as valid as the brand new car being almost as expensive as the used "better" car.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #24
Blackdevil77

Quote:
Originally Posted by M12LRV View Post
Does anybody else think the Mustang's interior is garbage? It just looks unacceptable for a car costing almost 60k (for the gt350). That and the styling are the real deal breakers for me.
Yes, I agree. They use way too many cheap, hard plastics for my tastes. I haven't sat in the new, redesigned one, but the interior in my GT500 is very "cheap." I like the styling but the interior cheapness is unacceptable, especially since other automakers are upping their game now, it's time they do the same. The interior of the C7 Corvette is a world class interior and the interior of the new camaro looks to be on the same level.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:43 PM   #25
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
It's silly to call it garbage. I do like the Camaro interior more and it certainly looks higher class but the Mustang interior is still nice.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #26
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
The interior is not as great as fanboys try to make it seem, but it's nowhere near garbage. Seats are nice, dash is decent, plastic console surrounding cup holders/shifter is cheaper looking.. That's off the top of my head from my buddy's GT PP..
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:51 PM   #27
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Sorry to break it to you, but the GT350 is 50k dollars where the 2SS is 42,300. That is a 7,700 dollar difference. That's a nice chunk of "change".

If you keep on going on about cross shopping the 2SS against a GT350, then the same can be said about the GT Premium with PP.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #28
SuperSound

Quote:
Yes it does have to be fully loaded 2SS to make my point. That's the only way the prices come close together.
I guess the problem I see is that there is not really any options someone would be adding to the 2SS that would feel would be needed if they were accepting of a base GT350. MRC is optional on both. You can't get an auto on the GT350. So what's left. NPP with under $1k, then just a bunch of dress up items. So where's the $6k needed on the 2SS?

I also don't think the Mustangs interior is garbage. I would rank the 6th gen and Dodge interiors over it, but is definitely competitive.