Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Like or Dislike the refresh
like 583 38.23%
dislike 942 61.77%
Voters: 1525. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #841
HelloWorld

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2046
This has happened with every refresh of every car since the beginning of time, people invested in the old model expressing dislike of the new one. Did any of you read the established Corvette forums when the C7 was revealed?

I like it.
HelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #842
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessSinister View Post
Ahh, the beauty of having dual monitors and the "boss" button.

I think I have been caught a few times, but I will be like......"what this is huge news, I can't miss it"
Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #843
goobot

Drives: nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloWorld View Post
This has happened with every refresh of every car since the beginning of time, people invested in the old model expressing dislike of the new one. Did any of you read the established Corvette forums when the C7 was revealed?

I like it.
Except most people actually like c7, I personally love the c7 but dislike this new camaro.
goobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #844
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by goobot View Post
Except most people actually like c7, I personally love the c7 but dislike this new camaro.

Maybe just Maybe that was the plan all along!!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #845
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
This has happened with every refresh of every car since the beginning of time, people invested in the old model expressing dislike of the new one.
I guess the ZL1 wasn't a true "refresh" but it did have a different styling than the LT/SS and I liked that update. I also like the Jay Leno concept Camaro. I just don't like this official 2014 refresh.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #846
Asian Zero

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
I think part of the problem might be the color choice. At least for the rear. Bc the car is red and so are the tail lights, it doesn't really define the tail lights too well. Maybe if they used a different color things wouldn't look SO weird and out of place. darker color car like black or grey things might look better. Im still waiting to see this new rear diffuser til I come to a concrete decision about the rear. And the interior looks like they changed where the cup holder area. Cant really tell bc the dudes arm is over it but from what I can see it looks different
Old 03-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #847
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
I guess the ZL1 wasn't a true "refresh" but it did have a different styling than the LT/SS and I liked that update. I also like the Jay Leno concept Camaro. I just don't like this official 2014 refresh.

That hood just looks so out of place. I get that they don't want it exactly like the ZL1 but there are so many after market hoods that look better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #848
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Add me to the dislike column. The exterior has been really one of the most perfect aspects of the current car. It didn't need such a make over to the rear end. That's a step backwards IMO.

The new front end is OK. I suppose it's a little less "Cartoonish" as some people say the pre-2014's look with the stock grille. The hood is so-so.

But the interior is where I was really hoping would see more attention to detail and material upgrades. And I'm surprised not to see another engine option.

Color me disappointed and unlikely to replace my 2011 until I see a 6th Gen.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #849
Blue Lightning

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Blue Ray Metallic
I like the front end, but the back end I could not get used to at all.
Blue Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #850
12 ZL1 #1725

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
Like the front!!!! Not sold yet on the rear.....
12 ZL1 #1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #851
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Zero View Post
I think part of the problem might be the color choice. At least for the rear. Bc the car is red and so are the tail lights, it doesn't really define the tail lights too well. Maybe if they used a different color things wouldn't look SO weird and out of place. darker color car like black or grey things might look better. Im still waiting to see this new rear diffuser til I come to a concrete decision about the rear. And the interior looks like they changed where the cup holder area. Cant really tell bc the dudes arm is over it but from what I can see it looks different
I was thinking the same thing.
I didn't like the rear on the C7 when they showed it in red. Now darker colors...mmmmm sexy C7
Old 03-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #852
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:

I like it.
I have a C6 Grand Sport and I think the C7 is very nice and plan on buying one in model year 2 or 3.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #853
Xello

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Hate the front chrome trim. Don't like the squished looked upper grille. Not sure if I like the heat exchanger or not. If the heat exchange is that cheap grayish color in the picture then I don't like it. Miss the mail slot. Like the "somewhat" ZL1 style lower grill. Unfortunately a higher lower grill means if you have a front license plate, it will now sit slightly higher up on the car.

Hate the tail lights. Don't like the smooth trunk rear. The wide rear license plate cutout looks out of place (at least here in North America). Hate the tail lights. I would definately be blacking those out if I had them. The spoiler is better though. Did I say I hate the tail lights?

I love the 5th Gen but this redux makes me want the 6th Gen to come out sooner.
Xello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #854
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Zero View Post
What am I missing. Console looks the same to me.

Sent from my 2SS/RS