Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #1
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Traded in my Zl1 for........

A 2015 GTR. Couldn't pass it up. Nissan gave me $12,500 discount. They also gave me top trade value on the 14 Zl1. $93k for a 15 Black Edition. No brainer. Anyhow, now that I have some seat time in it (1000 miles) I can look back and say the Zl1, smh, it's a bad ass car. I wish I was able to keep both of them tho.

Obviously, the GTR is well above the Zl1 off the line. The delivery sneaks up on you. It's more like a sling shot. The Zl1, you need to watch out that's for sure. I do like the power delivery better on the Zl1 as it's a more kick your ass in the seat. The GTR is sooooo smooth so it's less intimidating. Interior, I did have the Recaro Pkg on the Zl1, so I'd say it's a toss up. For some odd reason, I like the suede shifter and steering wheel over leather. I like the seating position better on the Zl1. There is more room inside as the GTR feels a bit more snug and forget about the back seat. At least my son and his friends could fit in the Zl1. There is NO room in the back seat on the GTR. Audio on the GTR wins. Vision on the GTR wins. Motor and exhaust note, easy win to the Zl1.

Handling, man, it's a toss up.

My GTR is stock for now as I'll be adding a mid pipe, intake, and tune here within the next month or so. This is my first ever turbo'd car so I do notice the lag.

I'll await the Gen 6 Zl1 and add that to my stable when it comes out. I had been looking for a Gray Black Edition for the longest and nobody would deal until I finally found someone to do a deal on my terms. Had to pull the trigger.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:24 PM   #2
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
well good for you. I would have never done that, and yes the GTR is a faster car I get it... zl1 looks better then the GTR
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:34 PM   #3
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
congrats on the sweet ride(and house).
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:37 PM   #4
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Cool. I think about doing the same thing. How does fuel mileage compare on GTR?
Old 06-28-2015, 01:42 PM   #5
txferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnice View Post
Cool. I think about doing the same thing. How does fuel mileage compare on GTR?
I'm still babying until it's first service on Tuesday. I was at 11.8 mpg on the Zl1, but I don't care about gas mileage. I'm sure it will be around the same as I'll be on the throttle a bit more. I'd expect it to be a tick better, but not by much.

Oh yea, forgot to mention. Good god the tranny noises on the GTR. Wow. But once it gets to temp, they go away.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #6
Balasarius

Drives: 2015 ZL1
My only problem with the GTR is that it doesn't look like a car that costs $100k. It looks nice, but not $100k nice.

Congrats on the ride.
Balasarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:54 PM   #7
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Nice house.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #8
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
if they made those with a manual i would get one ordered a z06 instead with a 7spd manual of course
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:18 PM   #9
txferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balasarius View Post
My only problem with the GTR is that it doesn't look like a car that costs $100k. It looks nice, but not $100k nice.

Congrats on the ride.
Yea, that's what I hear alot. For some odd reason, I've always liked them when I saw them in person. See, I'm kind of stuck. I'm not rich enough to step up to a Ferrari, Mclaren, or Lambo yet, and $120k is my tops. And, there aren't alot of sports cars at that price range(that I have interest in). I didn't want luxury as my fiance has the luxury vehicle in the family. I looked at the Z06, but my knees darn nearly hit the bottom of the dash. I looked at the Audi's and Lexus RC. Eh. I really wanted a Porsche, but that's still a tick out of my budget. Didn't want another Italian bike as I've been there, done that. I was looking at used Aston Martins, but eh, hate buying used. So, it brought me back around to the GTR.

The car def isn't polished for the price. That I will admit. But dang, when you leave off the line and how crisp the shifts are, all that crap goes away. haha. I know it's like only what...a full second faster than the Zl1 0-60, but jeezus, sure doesn't feel like it. Feels way faster to me. But anyhow, it is what it is. Just a car for me that I can enjoy getting to play around with and moving on when I can upgrade.

I'm by no means a car guy. So, I easily get amused by what I've never been able to own before. And I hold no brand loyalty to anyone. I just like cars and being able to try different ones out from year to year.

But the further away I am from the Zl1, the more I can appreciate it. And for the record, there has never been a car I've actually missed in my whole life than the Zl1. I've had the GTR for a month and a half now and I tell Jen, damn, when you look back, that Zl1 was a great overall pkg.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #10
txferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
if they made those with a manual i would get one ordered a z06 instead with a 7spd manual of course
I looked at the Z06 too, but didn't fit very well. I'm 6'1, 230. My knees were right up against the steering wheel with the seats all the way back. It sucked because I wanted one too. Tis life I guess.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:30 PM   #11
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
I like the House more....thats a Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice house!!!!
Old 06-28-2015, 02:31 PM   #12
I'm A Monster

Drives: 10 speed
Nice ride man. I believe with those gtr's, a small amount of mods can turn it into godzilla. Have fun player!
I'm A Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:39 PM   #13
txferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
I like the House more....thats a Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice house!!!!
Haha, thanks. And here I am thinking....it's just a house. I guess I'm used to it.

The family across the street have the money shot home tho. Every time I look out of my office window I'm like....dang, need to get my shit together. haha. I like the stucco look over brick any day.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #14
txferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm A Monster View Post
Nice ride man. I believe with those gtr's, a small amount of mods can turn it into godzilla. Have fun player!
Yea, so I've been researching. I'm just going to do a few mods and be done with it. I don't care much for super high HP cars as I'll never use it on the streets.