Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #29
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Alright, so let me get this straight, you're pissed because GM won't give you the hood credit. Okay I got that. But then you said you trade your cars in every 2 to 3 years. Why are you worrying so much about a car that you're gonna trade in in a couple years?

Right. I do and will not be purchasing GM. This changes everything for me, on principal alone. I don't care about 650 bucks. i paid cash for my car. It could be 10 dollars it could be 10 million dollars I don't care about the money, its not the point.

Gm Canada could have charged 650 extra for the car, and then refunded the hood credit and that would be ok too. That would be customer service. Ignoring it and dis-allowing it is poor customer service? you see?.

Look this is exactly why the American economy is in the dumpster. The auto market like almost all others these days is GLOBAL. Sell all the cars you want at home, your just re-cycling your own dollars, real economic gain is through trade with the world.

Let's face it. I can buy a faster similarly priced car in say a two year old GTR. The Nissan will have better re-sale value percentage wise. Why did I buy a Camaro? because I love Camaro's. The American cars have the sex appeal, they have the passion, the horsepower in V8 form, there are a lot of good reasons to "want" to buy an American car. But I'm a car enthusiast. To the average vehicle owner a car is transportation. That's it. Do you think they will be more interested in an American car or an Import. Do you know why the sales figures lean to Imports? Perceived value, which includes at the top of the list customer service, resale value etc.

Without getting too much into an economics lesson, suffice it to say, in this case it's a GM Canada mistake, but it's a GM global problem, and it's not limited to this one instance.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #30
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
I get it, i do. I feel for you all that have to pay more. That being said. Some of the posts are just ridiculous. Someone NOT from this country comes to buy a car here and is told sorry we can't. How the hell is that discrimination? You are not a US citizen. Pretty sure i can't go to Canada and get free healthcare either. Is that discrimination? Of course not.

Once again the whole bailout BS. Who the hell cares. Nobody seems to take much issue with the ginormous amounts given out to all the banks and financial infrastructure who caused most of this mess in the first place.

The comparisons of Ford are also absurd. You do realize that the only reason Ford didn't go under was because they didn't throw snake eyes when they bet the entire company by mortgaging everything they had to stock up on cash right?

They were in just as sorry of a state. They just got the loans lined up before the disaster hit. At the time they did it everyone thought they were insane. Just worked out ok for them in the end.

Lastly, why shouldn't the US help them out when it was clear millions more jobs would be lost in every supporting field as well. It would have been even more catastrophic and trust me Ford is also thanking it's lucky stars GM & Chrysler didn't go down and drag half the suppliers and supply chain down with them.

Does it suck that Canadians have to pay more? Sure it does but, sadly it is what it is.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #31
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
The comparisons of Ford are also absurd. You do realize that the only reason Ford didn't go under was because they didn't throw snake eyes when they bet the entire company by mortgaging everything they had to stock up on cash right?

They were in just as sorry of a state. They just got the loans lined up before the disaster hit. At the time they did it everyone thought they were insane. Just worked out ok for them in the end.

Lastly, why shouldn't the US help them out when it was clear millions more jobs would be lost in every supporting field as well. It would have been even more catastrophic and trust me Ford is also thanking it's lucky stars GM & Chrysler didn't go down and drag half the suppliers and supply chain down with them.
Exactly,Ford was in deep trouble just as much,if not more,than GM was,they just mortgaged everything they had,including the staplers on the desks (as fbodfather said!)

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #32
jkupa10

Drives: 2012 45th Vert 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
Exactly,Ford was in deep trouble just as much,if not more,than GM was,they just mortgaged everything they had,including the staplers on the desks (as fbodfather said!)

What people don't seem to realize is that Ford went to the government for a bailout too... and they took money from the government just as GM and Chrysler did on top of putting up all of their assets for loans. They only just recently got the rights back to their own Ford blue oval emblem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1
Pop out your soother and grab a brain
I point out that this entire thread is just you whining like a two-year old, and what do you to to retaliate? Name call like a two-year old.

This thread should be closed.
jkupa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #33
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
"The Automotive Industry Financing Program — which was created under the Troubled Asset Relief Program — provided $79.69 billion to GM, GMAC and Chrysler. So far, they have paid back a little more than half of the money, or about $40 billion, according to Treasury’s daily report for Sept. 16 on TARP funds.
Ford did not receive any money under AIFP"

As usual people are talking out thier rear, though Ford did support the bailout, they did not accept any bailout money. They supported it because the failure of the other two car giants would of destroyed the American car market and that would of destroyed Ford...so you are completely 100% incorrect in stating they took bailout money, and are incorrect in your implecations when you state they supported the bailout for any reason other than to save the american car market as a whole....

below is a somewhat anti ford article, the best they can come up with is the 2009 government loans ford took out, what they dont mention is, every amarican car manufactor has been takng out loans from the government for a long time now, especially after they started the stringent environmental requirements....the reason I picked an anti Ford article is so someone cant come back with the ole well thats just Ford propaganda.......

Interest free or not, all three of the bigs were mortgaged and extended to the hilt, GM just took it way beyond the hilt and had to have a bailout, they were so far gone interest free loans from the government werent going to do it.......so in the end, Ford was and is the stronger company. i mean they point to a 5 billion in loans ford got in 2009, which they had to pay back 100%, and I remind you, they all were doing, when GM got over 40 Billion free for all intents and purposes? How can anyone compare that with a straight face?

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/for...n-on-bailouts/

As to the banks bailout, that has nothing to do with this article or forum, why would you think it pertinent that noone mentioned them? no one mentioned pink elephants and I think thats just totally wrong that everyone just ignores them.....

Last edited by Rhyder; 08-11-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #34
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
"The Automotive Industry Financing Program — which was created under the Troubled Asset Relief Program — provided $79.69 billion to GM, GMAC and Chrysler. So far, they have paid back a little more than half of the money, or about $40 billion, according to Treasury’s daily report for Sept. 16 on TARP funds.
Ford did not receive any money under AIFP"

As usual people are talking out thier rear, though Ford did support the bailout, they did not accept any bailout money. They supported it because the failure of the other two car giants would of destroyed the American car market and that would of destroyed Ford...so you are completely 100% incorrect in stating they took bailout money, and are incorrect in your implecations when you state they supported the bailout for any reason other than to save the american car market as a whole....

below is a somewhat anti ford article, the best they can come up with is the 2009 government loans ford took out, what they dont mention is, every amarican car manufactor has been takng out loans from the government for a long time now, especially after they started the stringent environmental requirements....the reason I picked an anti Ford article is so someone cant come back with the ole well thats just Ford propaganda.......

Interest free or not, all three of the bigs were mortgaged and extended to the hilt, GM just took it way beyond the hilt and had to have a bailout, they were so far gone interest free loans from the government werent going to do it.......so in the end, Ford was and is the stronger company. i mean they point to a 5 billion in loans ford got in 2009, which they had to pay back 100%, when GM got over 40 Billion free for all intents and purposes? How can anyone compare that with a straight face?

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/for...n-on-bailouts/

As to the banks bailout, that has nothing to do with this article or forum, why would you think it pertinent that noone mentioned them? no one mentioned pink elephants and I think thats just totally wrong that everyone just ignores them.....

Everything in my post is fact. As for the banks. It isn't relevant. However i do get tired of people whining about a GM bailout yet it' s cool to bailout everything and everyone else.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #35
jkupa10

Drives: 2012 45th Vert 2LT/RS
Quote:
Everything in my post is fact. As for the banks. It isn't relevant. However i do get tired of people whining about a GM bailout yet it' s cool to bailout everything and everyone else.

This ^
jkupa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #36
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:

What loans are you refering to that Ford took out just before the collapse? were they 40+ billion worth? because thats appearently what it took to save GM. I would not deny that Ford took some loans out as a fact, everyone was, so technically you are correct that they took out some loans, my question is the fact you imply it was solely due to those loans, taken out at a lucky time that saved them.......they would have to be some rather large loans for an appearently failing company.....

you have any links or reliable sources that specifically point out to these life saving loans?

I counter offer that it was the son taking over the comapny from the father, and realizing the spiral the car companies were going down, made some hard very unpopular choices for the time as far as 8 years before the "almost " collapse that made Ford a strong comapany, and positioning them so they did not require being saved by the government, while GM for one just went on down riding that spiral into oblivion, with no regard to anything, thier employees or thier customers, other than soaking it for all the cash it was worth.

I appear to have been mistaken on how much GM got, it was in excess of 100 Billion upon firther research, so what loans did Ford take tha approach 100 billion?

"$50 billion in TARP bailout funds, a special exemption waiving payment of $45.4 billion in taxes on future profits, an exemption for all product liability on cars sold before the bailout, $360 million in stimulus funds, and the $7,500 tax credit for those who buy the Chevy Volt."

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...s-john-lott-jr

This little gem potentially raises the amount drasticly as its not measurable" an exemption for all product liability on cars sold before the bailout,"

Im listing my sources, how about you list yours about how Ford didnt make themselves strong, it was all luck

Last edited by Rhyder; 08-11-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #37
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
OP, I'm not gonna fight with you, but I'm sure a bunch of people will agree with me when I say that I think you're overreacting.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #38
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
OP, I'm not gonna fight with you, but I'm sure a bunch of people will agree with me when I say that I think you're overreacting.
If you go to the "Canada" section of this forum he goes as far as calling this forum "censorship", "Nazi envrionment", "communist", and talks about how he has ruffled some feathers amnd is talking about some deep hidden truth the public does not want to hear about or is not ready for lol....... overreacting is a UNDERSTATEMENT...he crossed the overreacting border 50 miles back and is heading for a meltdown lol.....
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #39
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
If you go to the "Canada" section of this forum he goes as far as calling this forum "censorship", "Nazi envrionment", "communist", and talks about how he has ruffled some feathers amnd is talking about some deep hidden truth the public does not want to hear about or is not ready for lol....... overreacting is a UNDERSTATEMENT...he crossed the overreacting border 50 miles back and is heading for a meltdown lol.....
Good lord! That's well.. Interesting.. I think someone needs a break from the forum and needs to jump off the Crazy Wagon.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #40
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichGreene View Post
Until Canada can get their act together and manufacture their own National car,NOT a rebadged Ford Or GM product, they're going to have to rely on buying foreign.
They've lacked the skills to come up with their own product since the ill-fated Maniic GT of the late 60s.
Even though most of them speak our language and the bordering Provinces are close, They are Still Foreigners and Must pay just like any other foreign country.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #41
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Quote:
What loans are you refering to that Ford took out just before the collapse? were they 40+ billion worth? because thats appearently what it took to save GM. I would not deny that Ford took some loans out as a fact, everyone was, so technically you are correct that they took out some loans, my question is the fact you imply it was solely due to those loans, taken out at a lucky time that saved them.......they would have to be some rather large loans for an appearently failing company.....

you have any links or reliable sources that specifically point out to these life saving loans?

I counter offer that it was the son taking over the comapny from the father, and realizing the spiral the car companies were going down, made some hard very unpopular choices for the time as far as 8 years before the "almost " collapse that made Ford a strong comapany, and positioning them so they did not require being saved by the government, while GM for one just went on down riding that spiral into oblivion, with no regard to anything, thier employees or thier customers, other than soaking it for all the cash it was worth.

I appear to have been mistaken on how much GM got, it was in excess of 100 Billion upon firther research, so what loans did Ford take tha approach 100 billion?

"$50 billion in TARP bailout funds, a special exemption waiving payment of $45.4 billion in taxes on future profits, an exemption for all product liability on cars sold before the bailout, $360 million in stimulus funds, and the $7,500 tax credit for those who buy the Chevy Volt."

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...s-john-lott-jr

This little gem potentially raises the amount drasticly as its not measurable" an exemption for all product liability on cars sold before the bailout,"

Im listing my sources, how about you list yours about how Ford didnt make themselves strong, it was all luck

http://www.totalbankruptcy.com/blog/...id-bankruptcy/

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/b...any/index.html

They mortgaged every major asset they owned including the Ford name to borrow 23.6 billion dollars. This is old news. It is luck they managed to raise the capitol and survive just before the credit market all but dried up and the auto sales market tanked. Ford bet it wouldn't tank but it did. They by luck had enough cash to make it through so yeah it was luck.
Google search will give you all the sources you need. As for money needs. Well GM is bigger than Ford. Of course it takes more.

Last edited by daveagogo1; 08-13-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #42
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Im still surprised people continue to think GM gives a hoot about people who have already purchsed a vehicle....they could care less....any decent treatment is at dealer level after the purchase...if it has to do with GM itself, your screwed if they can get away with it in any way......

Ive had both GM and Ford vehicles and though they all have the little things that irritate some people, GM is by far the worst of the two Ive experienced on not following through with the customer experience after the sell, they would rather save two dollars and risk you not coming back than make the customer happy......

Why do people forget so soon that they were all but out of business? that it took a huge government bail out to save them, and they continue to run mainly like they did before.....theres a reason GM went under and Ford did not......and it starts with the customer, before and after the purchase.....GM just doesnt get it....
Thank you for this. Finally someone that gets it beyond the bowtie. Don't get me started on how messed up GM is. Starting with the whole government bail out and the way they completely screwed over there salaried retirees pension.
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote